How Come A-Level Sports Allow IVs But USADA Doesn't?

Testing in the NFL and NBA are generally a joke anyway. The rules are set in place in order for everyone to pass......and if you fail one of those tests then you're a real dumb dumb.
Because they are realistic. You have big fast guys colliding with each other in the NFL, that requires better medicine to reduce inflammation, pain and promote recovery. You need the best medical science and technology to play more than 3 years in the NFL.

Anti-PEDs people are anti-science. You can't do all that training and all that playing without the right medical team behind you. The idea that PEDs will result in more deaths is just ludicrous. Laughable.

Maybe fighters should tone down their training if they need PED's strictly for recovery. You have to be a complete moron to think these fighters just take ped's for recovery purposes and not to get stronger, faster and have more endurance.
My question is, so what? Why are we against stronger, faster and more durable fighters?

My question is, so what? Why are we against stronger, faster and more durable fighters?

You're one post away from just saying they should be allowed to use all PEDs, no restrictions. Just say it, you want to.

You're one post away from just saying they should be allowed to use all PEDs, no restrictions. Just say it, you want to.
Yes, they should be allowed to use PEDs, no restriction. Why not? I want to see better athletes competing. I am pro-science and technology.

I simply do not care if someone is enhancing their performance.

What is fair? I mean really. What is fair? How can you have a level playing field? There is no such thing.

Because not everybody wants to do steroids. Imo, it is the steroids culture in mma that contribute in the results of very few new talent we see today. It will scare away good clean talent

Because they are realistic. You have big fast guys colliding with each other in the NFL, that requires better medicine to reduce inflammation, pain and promote recovery. You need the best medical science and technology to play more than 3 years in the NFL.

Anti-PEDs people are anti-science. You can't do all that training and all that playing without the right medical team behind you. The idea that PEDs will result in more deaths is just ludicrous. Laughable.

For sure. There's a lot of money on the line in order to have a successful football, basketball, or hockey team. Having your players in good health for the duration of the season usually means enhancing their ability to recover so they can continue to play at a high level for the duration of the season.

The Fighters should be tested before camp, and after the fight, that's it. The test before camp should be done to have a baseline to compare with the results after the fight.

Before camp?You do realize weight just falls off of some people just by training and some stay around the same weight consistently.Anderson Silva for instance can be 220 and 2 weeks out from fights he's been 192.Everyone is different and this stupid idea gets thrown around all the time it's just stupid and makes no sense.

they aren’t the same sports..get over it

IVs being banned has nothing to do with weight cutting. It's because IVs can be used to mask doping. Other sports don't care because they want the best athlete possible out there competing within the rules, and banning IVs is just an unnecessary rule change.

How is IV used to mask PED?

IV is being administered by a team physician and not by a coach. Big difference.

It is an attempt to curb too much weight cutting
No, it isn't. It's because IVs can be used to mask other drugs. If it were just about weight cuts, IVs would be banned in specific sports, like beta blockers are.

Yes, they should be allowed to use PEDs, no restriction. Why not? I want to see better athletes competing. I am pro-science and technology.
But you don't think PEDs help in MMA.
This site lists fighters that were caught for PEDs/elevated testosterone and this is the conclusion they came up with: http://www.cagepotato.com/mma-steroid-busts-definitive-timeline/

Fun fact: Of the aforementioned fighters who tested positive for steroids after fights* 22 were successful in those fights, while 25 were unsuccessful, and one fought to a draw. So, the jury’s still out on that whole “competitive advantage” thing.

* We’re including Thiago Silva in this tally because he admitted to steroid use after being caught, even though he only tested positive for fake pee.

Final score: Of the aforementioned fighters who tested positive for elevated testosterone after fights, three were successful in their fights, eight were unsuccessful, and one fought to a draw.

Numbers don't lie. Combat sport is not like track-n-field. The chances of taking steroids and winning a fight are not that great and not worth the penalties.

LOL

A-level sports allow everything, pretty much every NFL player is on the juice, because they decided profits are > integrity, juiced up athletes produce more entertaining games. As long as the national conversation isn't about steroids they go under the radar, and schlubs on their sofa get to have their hero worship.

cheaters found a way to blood dope making IVs suspicious. its stupid the doping police made a hard rule against it because IV therapy is incredibly useful for athletes.

IV bolus is also a great cure for hangover

natural selection removes the need for weight cutting in real sports.

But you don't think PEDs help in MMA.
My argument is that steroids (especially the types that bodybuilders love) don't make one a better fighter. However, I am sure that there are PEDs that are more suited for fighting, which is an endurance sport.

Even if you took a PED that enhanced your endurance, it could mean that you get beaten up for longer. LOL

Talent, proper skill development through proper training and experience will always get you further than any PEDs.

Back