How clean should octagon be?

Not sure if this would work on Lindland stank or not.
Now - that's priceless cause you're talking to someone who's favorite comical MMA comment comes from Mr. Quinton" that guy (Lindland) smells like hot garbage"
In tears when first heard.

Now - that's priceless cause you're talking to someone who's favorite comical MMA comment comes from Mr. Quinton" that guy (Lindland) smells like hot garbage"
In tears when first heard.
Yea, the guy would apparently not shower at all before the fight. I don't know if it was just during his cut, or for a longer period, but gross either way.

You have everyone walking inside the octagon with their dirty shoes on except fighters who are often kissing that floor with their face.

Are there any standards at all regulating those things ?
is that you, Howie Mandel?

Hey, you could actually try contributing to the conversation instead of acting like some fedora tipper with a sweet katana collection.

Hygiene is a big issue.

SUPER huge issue. Hygiene is a competition, you gotta be cleaner than everyone else so you can look down on em like yyyyuuucccckkkk. The only reason I could never do BJJ for longer than a week despite getting props from Eddie Bravo (one time) is cuz i straight up couldnt deal with grapplying super sweaty 40+ old dudes who smelled like absolute shit all session every session

Yea, the guy would apparently not shower at all before the fight. I don't know if it was just during his cut, or for a longer period, but gross either way.
But having shower before the fight is not mandatory ? so infact you can enter the octagon
stinking like a polecat ?

Yeah- been an avid supporter of MMA for the better part of 20 and have heard some nasties about the guy which is flat out taboo when it comes to MMA.

These guys are out there to hurt another human... doubt some dirt on the bottom of their feet matter.
I read one article where just being in some outdoor stream or something, you could catch something bad, I forget what it was, but it could fuck you up.

I read another article where some cancers can spread from organism to outside the body to new host. I think they said it's mostly non-human cancers, but some human cancers can do that too.

I like the idea of UV or infrared red light, but I think it takes longer than 3 min to kill a significant amount and the light has to be really close to the target.

Blood, piss & shit is all game but for the love of fucking god do NOT spill ice in there .

Hey, you could actually try contributing to the conversation instead of acting like some fedora tipper with a sweet katana collection.

Hygiene is a big issue.
Yeah maybe between rounds the cutmen should spray hand sanitizer on the gloves. You know for hygiene purposes.

At first I thought you were just trolling or full of shit... Then I googled it...

I can understand using your own shoe if it was fresh out of the box for a publicity stunt... But a random fan's shoe, likely damp inside from being worn for the 12+ hours from gate entry to main event???

<{clintugh}>

I've seen British people do it various times and I've wanted to puke each time.

These guys are out there to hurt another human... doubt some dirt on the bottom of their feet matter.

I now have the joe rogaine “there’s ice on the cage floor” rant in my head.

You have everyone walking inside the octagon with their dirty shoes on except fighters who are often kissing that floor with their face.

Are there any standards at all regulating those things ?

Good question? They should be doing a quick sweep & blood wipe after each fight...

They should change the damn canvas when they switch from prelims to main card. At least start fresh after having like six fights.

Back