How can you eat a rare or medium rare burger???

I understand steak can be rare because if meat is well examined by the inspector, the interior is actually sterile and safe for consumption.

Where burger beforehand is minced and mixed with the outer layer which more often been handled multiple times and even washing it will not fully get rid of all bacteria and other crap.

Whatever...I guess.
Beef can be eaten raw or under-cooked. Yes, it increases the danger somewhat, but I've literally never had an issue. I've had raw beef in France and Italy and plenty of medium-rare burgers in the US and elsewhere. The more you cook meat, the more it dries out. Medium-rare is a happy medium between the flavor derived from searing the meat, and the juiciness left in the meat when it hasn't been completely cooked internally. It's what cultured people prefer.

Ya pre ground beef burgers should never be eaten rare or even pink. Any shit that touched the outside of the beef got ground to the inside and you are playing e-Coli Roulette and you don't want to be a winner.

That said, if you go to a steak house that grinds its own steak or you grind your own steak and you KNOW how to properly wash or flash heat the exterior of the steak first before grinding then you can have your burger as rare as you like and it is glorious. Far better than the well done burgers we are forced to eat due to poor handling.

Where's der eisbar I know his mouth is foaming right now and he doesn't know why lol

You dont eat chicken that isnt fully cooked.

Its either cooked, or it isnt. There isnt a restaurant in the world that serves med rare chicken

Blue foot chicken can be served rare to medium rare.

medium for burger medium rare for steak

i understand the health concerns but id rather not eat than have to choke down well done

I don't care if I sound like the biggest pus on the internet

But if my meat ain't fully cooked I ain't interested, fuck that blood.

It's not blood pus.

Funny story...

My grandfather went to McDonalds one day and asked the girl if he could have a hamburger...rare?

True story

I ground up a couple pounds of ribeye. Cook it up medium rare topped with hatch green chilies, queso fresco, raw onion & pickle on a brioche bun...

Shit was delicious and i couldn't imagine eating it well done

I understand steak can be rare because if meat is well examined by the inspector, the interior is actually sterile and safe for consumption.

Where burger beforehand is minced and mixed with the outer layer which more often been handled multiple times and even washing it will not fully get rid of all bacteria and other crap.

Whatever...I guess.

Medium rare burgers have tons of flavor. Rare I will pass on though.

I like mine medium but it depends where I am eating.

giphy.gif

Wet, pink and sweet.

frightening considering your avatar

medium rare burgers are life last one i had was a caprese style burger.

i feel sorry for the plebeians munching on reheated hockey pucks from there neighborhood weinerschitzel

Technically, you can eat raw chicken if it's really fresh, but it's not really done outside of Japan. In Japan they have ways of serving chicken sashimi safely. But it is very dangerous if not done correctly, so yeah, it's not done in the West or most other places for good reason.
We have a Japanese tapas place in Berkeley called Ipukku that I go to and get the raw chicken dish, delicious.

I won't eat a hamburger anything other than well done; i eat steaks medium rare though.

First of all it is called not being a baby and eating rare meat like the man you should be.

We have a Japanese tapas place in Berkeley called Ipukku that I go to and get the raw chicken dish, delicious.
Thanks for that info. I'll try to keep that in mind the next time I'm in that area...

Technically, you can eat raw chicken if it's really fresh, but it's not really done outside of Japan. In Japan they have ways of serving chicken sashimi safely. But it is very dangerous if not done correctly, so yeah, it's not done in the West or most other places for good reason.

In addition to this, if you cook chicken, or any poultry really, sous vide it can be served medium rare safely. Cook it to 130 degrees and hold it there long enough to pasteurize and it's perfectly safe to eat.

Back