how can ufc 227 be salvaged?

They were counting on the two fights that aren't official, they'd make this card stellar. (GSP-Diaz/Gus-Luke)

Beniel fighting a striker would be fun too. Maybe Trinaldo?

Main Card should look like this:

UFC 227 - Los Angeles

GSP x Diaz
Dillashaw x Garbrandt
Gustafsson x Rockhold
Moicano x Swanson
Brunson x Shoe Face
not realy a good ppv card tbh

Dana should just book Diaz/Woolley, yeah his undeserving of a shot but Diaz had an interview a while back saying he wants Woodley, so ufc should have acted on that

That will prob nate's only shot anyway so just make the ppv fun and book it

Last edited:
not realy a good ppv card tbh
You're spoiled sir. Imo that's better than 225. Yeah I don't care for the GSPxDiaz fight, but it's a big fight, I'd rather these cards get some attention.

Besides the circus at the top, all the other match ups are important for their respective divisions.

so far ufc 227 is like a mediocre free UFN card. pretty annoying given the UFC doesn't come to LA often. with room for 1-2 more fights, how can this be saved?

I'm hearing rumors of: Gustafson vs Rockhold, that would help. any other rumors or ideas?

-------
T.J. Dillashaw vs Cody Garbrandt
Renato Moicano vs Cub Swanson
Derek Brunson vs Antonio Carlos Junior
Pedro Munhoz vs Alejandro Perez

Kyung Ho Kang vs Ricardo Ramos
Beneil Dariush vs opponent TBA

Danielle Taylor vs Weili Zhang
Benito Lopez vs Ricky Simon
Irene Aldana vs Bethe Correia
Wuliji Buren vs Bharat Kandare
J.J. Aldrich vs Polyana Viana
This card sucks for a ppv and isnt worth dealing with traffic to drive to the staples center. Pretty shit card considering the last one was 199. Giving us a rematch no one asked for? Cool. No other really appealing fights on the card? Sounds good.

They were counting on the two fights that aren't official, they'd make this card stellar. (GSP-Diaz/Gus-Luke)

Beniel fighting a striker would be fun too. Maybe Trinaldo?

Main Card should look like this:

UFC 227 - Los Angeles

GSP x Diaz
Dillashaw x Garbrandt
Gustafsson x Rockhold
Moicano x Swanson
Brunson x Shoe Face

That would be a good PPV. That should be the regular calibre of PPV cards.

I highly doubt either Diaz or GSP will be on the card. The only fight that seems like it could actually still happen is Gus/Rockhold which would really help this card out. The addition of Gus/Rock would make this card that much better, considering it follows 225 and 126 which are already stacked.

Isn't it still very early to say 227 is shite?? Plenty of time to book the exciting matches.

If you remember from 226, it only had the main event as its only appeal until Holloway/Ortega and Francis/Lewis came out of know where and was added

These motherfuckers don't make things easy especially when it comes to money. I'd say come early June, we have the 227 card finalised with at least an exciting co main

Isn't it still very early to say 227 is shite?? Plenty of time to book the exciting matches.

well, that's the point of the thread. as of now, I think it's a crap card. and there's only room for 1-2 more fights. so I'm asking the question: what fights could be booked to help this card out?

The UFC has lost touch with building cards. I really wish I could give them free advice and help them build better cards, because this is getting ridiculous. Gus/Rockhold will help a lot, if they could add that. If not, my god...

Too many lower caliber WMMA fights on this card to be considered good. There is really only talent in the top 5 of each division in WMMA, outside of that it really takes a shit and thats where we are with these girls on this card.

Not that bad of a card... have you watched recently? You have two massive PPV coming up that are stacked. This one could be just as good just not on paper. But would not complain about added one more name fight.

Nick vs Bisping & Gust vs Luke. Obviously Nick/Bisping is a long shot, so maybe Volkov/Cain? But Cain doesnt fight anymore. Maybe Cruz vs Lineker? Cruz doesnt fight either.

They may have to throw the bank at Nunes for a somewhat quick turn around vs Cyborg

Watch out for Dariush vs. TBA match. I've heard rumors it's gonna be an open weight gauntlet match between Dariush and get this... motivated BJ, Royce with Gi, 70% Hendricks, TRT Vitor, coked up Bones, prime Fedor and sea level Cain. In that order.

Great main event, rest of the card I’m not that interested in. How to save the card? Add two great fights and it’s done. A PPV with at least 3 solid fights including a great main event is good in my book. Cub is fun to watch but I feel he’s very close to retiring now so not very interesting to use him to fill up a card unless it’s against a big name.

And a rematch cody doesnt deserve that the public didnt demand?
While I agree with what you said, it's important to note that this is a matchup worthy of a rematch. They will put on a fucking show! That's a guarantee

Back