How can tyron be GOAT Weltwerweight ?

Ruthless_swag

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
who does Woodley have to beat to become the greatest Welterweight of all time in your opinion. marquardt is gone for good and is pretty abysmal without roids. Rory is broken and battered. not the same anymore. Shields beat a green Woodley. Does not stand a chance post usada. none of them do for the matter. Does he have to beat Colby and usman to cement himself? or Gsp?

GSP would be the gift wrap on GOAT but he be ducking Tyrone...

Probably nothing he can do at WW. If he could win the belt at MW, most likely allot of peeps would seriously start debating him vs GSP.

Drop to lightweight to get the belt and cement his legacy.

Defend the belt 10 times since GSP did it 9 times.

Last edited:
who does Woodley have to beat to become the greatest Welterweight of all time in your opinion. marquardt is gone for good and is pretty abysmal without roids. Rory is broken and battered. not the same anymore. Shields beat a green Woodley. Does not stand a chance post usada. none of them do for the matter. Does he have to beat Colby and usman to cement himself? or Gsp?

He has to beat top competition like Matt Hughes, Jon Fitch, and Dan Hardy.

i dunno about GOAT but he will be remembered as one of the best.....isnt that enough?
imageds.jpg

As another said, he needs more defenses than Gsp. Even then its not a lock. Georges didn’t backpeddle to the fence for 90% of his title fights, while looking scared to engage.

Last edited:
i dunno about GOAT but he will be remembered as one of the best.....isnt that enough?
View attachment 471783

It is enough if are a cup half full kinda guy...

But most of the people fighting aim to be "cup all full" kinda guys. People don't really wanna be known as "one of" anything. They want it to be clear that they are THE ONE...

Therefore...

GOAT is...

maxresdefault.jpg

damn Rory went from arguably #1 welterweight to just another washed up guy very fast for sherdog lol

i think Tyron would need to beat Colby, Usman and Ponzinibbio - if he does that pretty much closes the debate

Defending 10 times would be a good beginnig

Hughes and Fitch are SCRUBS!

Am I right?
Hughes is 45-9
One of the best WW eva.
There is no point in arguing with people like that man, they will always say that the competiton was easier back then, steroids blah blah blah.

I would say beating khabib would be the biggest test. Just hasn't had anyone go to to toe with him. All been mediocre.

damn Rory went from arguably #1 welterweight to just another washed up guy very fast for sherdog lol

i think Tyron would need to beat Colby, Usman and Ponzinibbio - if he does that pretty much closes the debate

He would still have fewer defenses and more losses...so no it would not close the debate. Or even make it interesting imo.

It is enough if are a cup half full kinda guy...

But most of the people fighting aim to be "cup all full" kinda guys. People don't really wanna be known as "one of" anything. They want it to be clear that they are THE ONE...

Therefore...

GOAT is...

maxresdefault.jpg
well put lol

How would that close it? That would bring him at 7 won title fights vs GSP's 12. 6 defenses vs 9. 9 fight WW win streak (if we say the draw does not end the streak, but obviously does not extend it) vs 12 for GSP.

I think its a bit delusional to think Tyron is close to GOAT contention. Fighters these days are a bit too trigger happy with the GOAT talks and talking about "having cleaned out the division".
GSP beat everyone for 5 years, Tyron has had the belt for 2. Easy now, Tyron.

I don't think Tyrone could ever beat GSP in terms of title defenses, he is 36 already and the level of competition is just too high.

The only way to enter that GOAT talk would be to actually beat GSP, which could totally happen if the latter weren't ducking him.

Last edited:
By GSP clearly ducking him despite them being almost the same age.

Back