how can the UFC justify paying CM punk 500k and paying legitimate talent 10k/10k

That said, I don't know what CM Punk's drawing power really is. What did his first PPV do numbers wise?
475,000 with Stipe-Reem.

Stipe-Werdum did 217,000
Stipe-JDS 300,000

It's safe to say Punk added at least 150-200k

The 10k guys probably don't even generate enough to cover their cost. It's strickly an investment for the ufc to pay them with the hope one day they do generate money.. cm will most likely draw millions but he's willing to only take 500k because he sucks

When i read threads like this wonder if some people have even heard of the term business, or are aware of the concept of money.

Because he puts butts in seats and sells tickets/PPVs.

You don’t get fucking paid on your talent, you get paid on what you can make your employer.

Learn that fucking lesson kid!

Once worked with a sales guy who told me a former employer told him, "Your job is to bring in 10x what we pay you. If you can't do that you are going to have to find a new job."

So if Brooks got $500K, but the organization pulled in an extra $5MM, then job done.

Wme cares about 1 thing making money the sport part of mma is over

Because people talk about and watch him. If there's a 10k/10k prospect out there that interests you maybe you should start a thread about them.

I can't believe people actually give to credit this dude for stepping up and fighting in the premier MMA organization in his first fight which other fighters literally train their whole lives to fight for.

HTTP2ltZy5waG90b2J1Y2tldC5jb20vYWxidW1zL3Y2MjkvSm9obm55REEvS2VubnlLb2xhLUNNUHVua0xhdWdoR0lGLmdpZgloglog.gif

This BUM made 500k and is fighting again soon and will probably be paid MORE this time while legitimate talent such as Israel Adesayna makes 10k/10k per fight (made 73.5k including bonus for his last fight) the ufc is not a legitimate mma organization! its a joke.

WME & Dana rather pay this BUM 500k again than give entertaining fighters such as Mousasi, Rory and Cub better contracts.

iWKad22.jpg

This is Israel Adensayas record in kickboxing and MMA

Kickboxing record
Total
Wins 50
By knockout 24
Losses 5
By knockout 1
Draws 2
No contests 0

Mixed martial arts record
Total
Wins 12
By knockout 12
Losses 0

This is what he was paid at UFC 221

$73,500 ($10,000 to show, $10,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $3,500 Reebok sponsorship)

HOW CAN YOU PAY PUNK 500K WHILE THIS DUDE EARNS 10K/10K???

tenor.gif

inb4 WWE retards defending him

They do it to make retards like you cry.
And it's worth every penny. I love seeing your bitch tears.

They're trying to get some of the WWE fan base and it's obviously working. They needed a big paycheck to out price the WWE.

Once again keep crying.

You are paid an amount based on how much money you make your boss, not how talented you think you are. It is the same in every workplace in the world.

For the same reason PRIDE used to pay talentless pro wrestlers to step into their ring for large dollars.

They're big draws and make them money.

The 10k/10k guy doesn't

That being said, both practices are bullshit . . .

if kim Kardashian fought in ufc they would pay her 100m easy

I'd step into the cage to get my ass kicked for half a mil, he's lucky they gave him a grappler imagine if he was matched up with someone like Paul Daley for his first fight.

because they feel they can make 500k off of punk. The fighter that makes 10k can't even draw 10k

475,000 with Stipe-Reem.

Stipe-Werdum did 217,000
Stipe-JDS 300,000

Yep, I forgot the exact amount, but before the event, UFC said they were crediting anything over something like 325k to Punk

I can't believe people actually give to credit this dude for stepping up and fighting in the premier MMA organization in his first fight which other fighters literally train their whole lives to fight for.

HTTP2ltZy5waG90b2J1Y2tldC5jb20vYWxidW1zL3Y2MjkvSm9obm55REEvS2VubnlLb2xhLUNNUHVua0xhdWdoR0lGLmdpZgloglog.gif

This BUM made 500k and is fighting again soon and will probably be paid MORE this time while legitimate talent such as Israel Adesayna makes 10k/10k per fight (made 73.5k including bonus for his last fight) the ufc is not a legitimate mma organization! its a joke.

WME & Dana rather pay this BUM 500k again than give entertaining fighters such as Mousasi, Rory and Cub better contracts.

iWKad22.jpg

This is Israel Adensayas record in kickboxing and MMA

Kickboxing record
Total
Wins 50
By knockout 24
Losses 5
By knockout 1
Draws 2
No contests 0

Mixed martial arts record
Total
Wins 12
By knockout 12
Losses 0

This is what he was paid at UFC 221

$73,500 ($10,000 to show, $10,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $3,500 Reebok sponsorship)

HOW CAN YOU PAY PUNK 500K WHILE THIS DUDE EARNS 10K/10K???

tenor.gif

inb4 WWE retards defending him
Because they are a profit oriented business and have a responsibility to generate the most revenue they can. If people pay to see him he deserve every penny of that.

I'm tired of explaining this shit to the kids. Someone take a crack at it and explain it really well so that we can make a sticky on it.

This is not always true

boxing PPV's are cheaper too.

Ward vs. Kovalev I
160,000 PPV Buys
Ward: $5,000,000
Kovalev: $2,000,000

Ward vs. Kovalev II
130,000 PPV Buys
Ward: $6,500,000
Kovalev: % of gate and PPV revenue
Different business model in many ways. Boxing does not have the overhead that the UFC does due to its history.

It's not all about talent. It's about drawing power, and making the company money.

That said, I don't know what CM Punk's drawing power really is. What did his first PPV do numbers wise?

203 did around 450,000 or a little above in PPV, according to most reports.

I think based on 220 numbers (350,000 or a little below) for a similar card otherwise (maybe a little bit better, really), I'd say it's fair to credit him for 100,000 or so extra PPVs.

Consider that MM wants $2 Million to fight TJ, and cards that he headlines have trouble getting 100,000 PPV buys total.

I'll let you in on something that might really piss you off.... they would pay Brad Pitt 50 million
The real question is who would they pay the most? I'm thinking Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton or Trump vs. Kim Jong Un would get the highest PPV buys and payout.

Trump: $1 billion
Clinton: $500 million

Trump: $1 billion
Kim Jong Un: The entire U.S. Nuclear arsenal

I got Trump with brutal KO in both ;)

475,000 with Stipe-Reem.

Stipe-Werdum did 217,000
Stipe-JDS 300,000

I guess he's worth some dollars then.

Personally, I don't care what he gets paid. I do however, find it a little irresponsible from a safety standpoint. His first fight was one thing. Nobody really knew what he could do. We do now though, and the only thing he showed everyone, was that he has the potential to get seriously hurt in there, by anyone above the level of the dads in the Karate classes he was taking before he turned pro.

Back