how can the UFC justify paying CM punk 500k and paying legitimate talent 10k/10k

It's not all about talent. It's about drawing power, and making the company money.

That said, I don't know what CM Punk's drawing power really is. What did his first PPV do numbers wise?
That's why this is a pseudo sport.
Real talent competes in real sports
Pro bowlers pulling in more a year than 99% of the UFC roster https://www.pba.com/SeasonStats/TotalWinnings/93

I think mma is a sport, I'm not sure the UFC is still running it as a sport.

Every other sport has a minor league system to draw their talent from as well as providing the opportunity to watch the skills develop and improve before reaching the top level. The ufc could use other organizations for this and make sure everything is up to speed before bringing guys in, and in some cases they do. But in other cases, it seems as though they would sign a squirrel that was the star of a viral YouTube video in order to make a few extra dollars.

Why not bring in an athlete from another sport I wondered. Why CM punk instead. I think the top mma guys would win against either one, so why use the softball? I think it's because another athlete would have an actual shot at the upset, which would make mma look really bad. Instead they bring in a psuedo-athlete to come try his all and take a beating. Makes the sport look like 'woah, these guys must be really good. Look what they did to CM punk.' It's unnecessary. Add in the greed factor and the fact wme are not mma fans and here we are...

7453265.gif

I can't believe people actually give to credit this dude for stepping up and fighting in the premier MMA organization in his first fight which other fighters literally train their whole lives to fight for.

HTTP2ltZy5waG90b2J1Y2tldC5jb20vYWxidW1zL3Y2MjkvSm9obm55REEvS2VubnlLb2xhLUNNUHVua0xhdWdoR0lGLmdpZgloglog.gif

This BUM made 500k and is fighting again soon and will probably be paid MORE this time while legitimate talent such as Israel Adesayna makes 10k/10k per fight (made 73.5k including bonus for his last fight) the ufc is not a legitimate mma organization! its a joke.

WME & Dana rather pay this BUM 500k again than give entertaining fighters such as Mousasi, Rory and Cub better contracts.

iWKad22.jpg

This is Israel Adensayas record in kickboxing and MMA

Kickboxing record
Total
Wins 50
By knockout 24
Losses 5
By knockout 1
Draws 2
No contests 0

Mixed martial arts record
Total
Wins 12
By knockout 12
Losses 0

This is what he was paid at UFC 221

$73,500 ($10,000 to show, $10,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $3,500 Reebok sponsorship)

HOW CAN YOU PAY PUNK 500K WHILE THIS DUDE EARNS 10K/10K???

tenor.gif

inb4 WWE retards defending him
If you wanna judge so much, post piccs of your gf!

Maybe that comeback doesn't fit this thread my bad.

The reality is, they don't necessarily have to justify it. That's the main issue. They don't give much of a shit about who is talented, unless it's somebody who's gonna attract viewers - and whose name might look good on a headline in online news. They don't give a shit about who's better when it comes to pay. They give a shit about what adds to their bottom line. If they bother coming up with a reason, it's that... "This guy is a bigger draw so we need to pay him more"

Because he puts butts in seats and sells tickets/PPVs.

You don’t get fucking paid on your talent, you get paid on what you can make your employer.

Learn that fucking lesson kid!

Asses in seats.
What do you want communism?

Because he puts butts in seats and sells tickets/PPVs.

You don’t get fucking paid on your talent, you get paid on what you can make your employer.

Learn that fucking lesson kid!

lol you butthurt WWE fans amuse me.

andre wards last PPV did 130k and he made 6.5 million.

They're paying him a portion of what hes gonna make them. This isnt a sport its prize fighting. Been this way since people started paying to watch ppl fight.

Dumb can of worms to open, tisk tisk..
I will say this though: obviously I'm a pro rasslin fan (a FAN, not a MARK), but when you call him a bum, youre spot on. That was true in the WWF too.

Heres a guy who looked like shit, wasn't a great worker, and basically became famous for whining about superior talent than him getting pushed. "Waaaahhh it's not fair" was more or less his schtick. The guy would have been a jobber in rasslin's heyday. He really "connected" with the limp wristed, angsty, bullied post nu-metal American youth (so basically the world's butt hole), the "losers", so to speak, and McMahon the genius that he is capitalized on that nonsense, used him up, and threw him back out onto the skreetz.

I had to laugh during his "feud" (basically just dragging their boring backstage he said/she said drama into the fan's peripheral) with Triple Nose years back. Neither of those guys would even be in the company in the 80s, let alone feuding in top spots.
I’m not a wrestling fan, but you made that pretty damn interesting. Thanks

It's not all about talent. It's about drawing power, and making the company money.

That said, I don't know what CM Punk's drawing power really is. What did his first PPV do numbers wise?
I don’t watch professional wrestling but I understood Brock Lesnar’s appeal and he is as Sherdog would say an “A level athlete”. I really don’t get CM Punk, he doesn’t seem to have a cult following and I don’t get the reason for a second fight. But I don’t know the numbers either maybe he does have drawing power.

Asses in seats, eyeballs on screens, DOLLAHS.

Very simple to understand.

It's amazing how people don't seem to grasp the ufc is a buisnes and understand this.

Half of the time I don't even think I read you post and still hit "like" because of that avi. Bless your soul.

I don’t watch professional wrestling but I understood Brock Lesnar’s appeal and he is as Sherdog would say an “A level athlete”. I really don’t get CM Punk, he doesn’t seem to have a cult following and I don’t get the reason for a second fight. But I don’t know the numbers either maybe he does have drawing power.
Punk is actually the ideal example of a cult following. He's not a mainstream star, even in pro wrestling, but he had his niche of fans, those fans were for the most part interested in seeing his first fight and it did have one of the better buyrates for UFC. He's still no Brock Lesnar for either UFC or WWE, but he's a draw.

I'll let you in on something that might really piss you off.... they would pay Brad Pitt 50 million

Based on his fights that were shown in Snatch, Pitt would easily beat Phil Brooks, and Bruce Lee would have no chance at all.

Not to mention, with that accent he would be more marketable than Conah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back