How can some people not understand how these guys felt and why they wanted their rematch so badly?

I would love to see Aldo get the rematch,but Aldo cant get that fight on his own merits alone. Its gonna take luck and circumstances beyond his control,and if the short notice fight happens to come his way,hes gonna have to take it.

Ban the man's IP!!!!!!
Conor's left hand could sleep both klitchkos in one night! See if it doesnt!!!
I mean your usual postings prove my point but thanks for really driving it home :)

forget martial arts, or sports in general... when my buddy beats me in Tekken or Street Fighter or Fifa holy shit I'd trash talk to the moon to get my rematch (since I was more often the winner).

I had to throwdown big too cause at this point they knew they had me hooked. One-sided incentive. If I won the rematch I got nothing. If they won they got a cash price, a personal stripper at the lounge, a fine bottle of single malt at the bar...

And that's just gaming. When we sparred, or fished, or played soccer/basketball or even just roll dice ('mexico'), shit got very serious and often ended in fights.

Guy things.

Obviously I understand why Aldo said "anywhere, anytime" because that was an emotional statement. He desperately wanted that one back, but that's why at that level, on a global stage, these guys have managers to overlook the business side of things.
Its no accident that his manager didn't inform him of the UFC's offer to have him fight Conor on 2 week's notice for no belt. Aldo would probably have jumped on it regardless, which would have been a bad move from a career-perspective.

Absolutely no one has criticized Bisping or Aldo for wanting revenge. Why are you making this up? One thing is to want revenge, one thing is to fight the #1 contender. Bisping wanting to fight Hendo again is understandable but the timing wasn't right.

I think the rematch concept is a case by case. I like watching rematches down the line. Immediate rematches are stupid unless there was a tie. Champion rematches should be 2 fights after at least.

The 13 sec KO must've hurt even deeper. Aldo thought it was really unfair not getting his rematch, specially after being the most dominant small man in the world for so many years. That´s why he was willing to go as far as fighting Khabib at LW, just so he could maybe have a chance at Conor again.

Aldo has zero cause for complaint. He put no effort into promoting their fight and then pulled out. Why should Conor go through all that again when Aldo has nothing he wants?

Woodley has the 170 belt, likes to talk, and shows up. Of course Conor would rather fight him.

Back