How can some people not understand how these guys felt and why they wanted their rematch so badly?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
These were 2 of the most watched KOs over the years, along with the Barboza KO over Etim, IMO.

henderson-bisping-gif.gif

5f4017ccd1551383551c343666c263ce.gif

People critized Bisping and Aldo for wanting their revenge, but these kind of brutal KO stays deep inside a fighter´s mind (look what´s happening to Etim these days... it´s sad).

Hendo wasn´t interested in giving him that rematch until Bisping got the belt. Of course Bisping would never let it go! That was his only chance to avenge such humiliating loss.

The 13 sec KO must've hurt even deeper. Aldo thought it was really unfair not getting his rematch, specially after being the most dominant small man in the world for so many years. That´s why he was willing to go as far as fighting Khabib at LW, just so he could maybe have a chance at Conor again.

For some people, this is more than just money... it´s about honor, pride, respect...

So how can you blame them???

Thoughts?

Mike deserved to call what he wanted at that point, I think it was a fair overall decision to let him take on Hendo for the 2nd time, he had just shut up an angry MMA community that had been saying he sucked for the past god knows how many years of his career, he has fought everyone UFC put in front of him, I think it was decent of them to honor his request despite what the butt hurt were saying.

Aldo, he kinda got his chance to take the McGregor II fight and blew it, I don't think the UFC take kindly to that, so gave the fight to Diaz I believe? Anyways, I do still think Aldo/McGregor II has to happen, I also think it will be a completely different fight. But it will be on UFC's terms not Aldo's, he notoriously pulls from fights, slags the company name off and says dumb shit like "ill tap when the fight starts to get out of contract".

I get it. Doesn't mean i have to like it. Bisping/Hendo 2 for the belt was bullshit.

I cant blame them....
Aldo should get a rematch, werdum should get a rematch, hell shogun should have gotten a rematch

I cant blame them....
Aldo should get a rematch, werdum should get a rematch, hell shogun should have gotten a rematch

Brock should have gotten a rematch.

Yea Bisping wanted it so bad that's why he waited 7 years.

<{Heymansnicker}>

I can understand Aldo, considering every dominant UFC champ had his rematch.

Aldo, he kinda got his chance to take the McGregor II fight and blew it, I don't think the UFC take kindly to that, so gave the fight to Diaz I believe?

lol, here's your rematch, but you're not allowed to train for it and he just finished a full camp during your medical suspension. You're welcome.

no-thanks.gif

A combination of hero worship, lack of empathy, fear that "their" fighter might lose a rematch and the anonymity of being on a message board.

Mike deserved to call what he wanted at that point, I think it was a fair overall decision to let him take on Hendo for the 2nd time, he had just shut up an angry MMA community that had been saying he sucked for the past god knows how many years of his career, he has fought everyone UFC put in front of him, I think it was decent of them to honor his request despite what the butt hurt were saying.

Aldo, he kinda got his chance to take the McGregor II fight and blew it, I don't think the UFC take kindly to that, so gave the fight to Diaz I believe? Anyways, I do still think Aldo/McGregor II has to happen, I also think it will be a completely different fight. But it will be on UFC's terms not Aldo's, he notoriously pulls from fights, slags the company name off and says dumb shit like "ill tap when the fight starts to get out of contract".
This is an extremely well thought out, intelligent, and correct post. It has no business being on sherdog.

no one criticize then for wanting a rematch, people criticize Conor for not giving the rematch for Aldo, Bisping for having the rematch as a fucking title defense and Aldo for bashing Conor for running when he canceled a couple of fights himself not so long ago

"Anytime, Anywhere"
Oh, you're one of those who don't know how words work. I'll help you out. Not everything people say is meant literally. For example, the guy in your av has said "I'll fight him in a phone booth", and then expected it be in a full octagon. I can't even count the number of guys who've said "I want that fight so bad, I'd go to his house and fight him in his yard". So far the UFC has not hosted any backyard fights.

This is an extremely well thought out, intelligent, and correct post. It has no business being on sherdog.
Ban the man's IP!!!!!!
Conor's left hand could sleep both klitchkos in one night! See if it doesnt!!!

Back