How can he improve???

blkhand

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
sage of course....other than fighting go backwards...the wrestling looked good in the 1st..but thoughts????
Kid has tons of potential maybe a killer instinct would probably help too‍♂️

Head movement, controlling distance and more leg kicks..

Tuck that damn chin down, keep his left hand glued to his temple, for starters.

I feel he's trained martial arts for so long that he's hit his wall a lot earlier age-wise than most. I think a couple years off might actually do him good, or he'll just end up racking up losses and becoming disillusioned.

Needs some boxing training, work on his head movement.

Head movement

Letting go of the right

Understanding he outmatches his opponents, and acting like it with a little damn killer instinct.

Sage is frustrating to watch. Really annoying. Finish these guys. Move your damn head like you have had 3-4 boxing lessons.. He overmatches his opponents yet still does what it takes to basically lose like an idiot. He could be a champ if he wanted to KO guys.

Last edited:
Train boxing,and wrestling for the next 5-10 years. O and move out of his parents basement and stop being a pussy.

Tuck that damn chin down, keep his left hand glued to his temple, for starters.

With his long, skinny neck and upright chin he's just begging to get dropped.

He has to move his head more.

He has to learn to punch straighter and with more force.

For his striking pedigree, he does not seem to have much power and his technique (hands) is not good.

Good to see him doing takedowns, though. He's going to need that.

Lost cause. Not one advancement in 3 years at some of the best camps in mma.

I dont think he will get much better. I expect him to get finished again as soon as he gets another step up in competition.

There is a reason he is looking to land some role in a movie. That is his plan A.

Sage is built to be a fitness model, but he's not a fighter and has average fight IQ.

Better head movement, his head stayed in place and Gouti was able to find it way too often. Also better striking defense in general. Chin down, hands up.

Lateral movement, he kept getting pressed into the cage and trapped because all he does is back up in a straight line.

Learn to throw combinations. That Karate style of 1 at a time doesn't work when you're so easy to get backed up to the wall and when you're not a very good counter striker.

I was disappointed to hear he stopped going to school to train full time, and this was the result.

Anyone think it's his age as to way he hasn't developed some strength as of yet?

Needs to work on ring control, not bouncing straight back into the fence every exchange...

Honestly, he should stop now. Become a male model or something. He's wasting himself doing this shit.

Back