How big was tupac back then?

Oh this guy fuckin sucks.
@JustOnce ignore this man for he knows not what he speaks.

The sexual assault, I think is bullshit, its been documented enough.

His lyrics touched more people than anyone else ever had in the rap genre, and you could debate out of any genres.
Was he lyrical like Lord Finesse or Nas? Of course not.
I hate to say the poet stuff, but his writings are more of that nature, but it carries alot more weight than some of the more lyrical rappers.

Also him shooting the two cops, he didn't know they were cops and he did it after he witnessed two white guys beating up a black man.
The two cops were off-duty, drunk, and were using a handgun that was stolen from evidence. Its why the case was dismissed.

As for the westcoast stuff. He moved to Marin county and its where his rap career really took off, so he represented that area.
He was in NYC and Baltimore all the time. It was when the Biggie stuff happened that it really drove the whole West vs East, but he always maintained that hes from New York.

Greatest of all Time

Agreed accept for one thing, he repped West coast hard like he was from there. California love, throwing west side throughout his lyrics, its overwhelming. Hit em up was a retaliation against biggy smalls for the elevator shooting and he represents himself as westside hard in that. I use to listen to a lot of Tupac man and I'm surprised to hear he grew up in New York.

So I think he was a smart guy who saw opportunity in the W-E coast rivalry and cleverly embraced it while feuding with others. Some points removed for not being as real on that front.

Also, he spat at people while on coke yelling gangster bullshit. I honestly grew up and changed my opinion on him. Underrated talent still, but kind of a POS. His mom was educated but he turned out to be a punk and got himself killed because he couldn't stop attacking those around him.

Underrated as fuck song. This one was my shit

Another good one that doesn't get talked about it

Pac was huge.
I STILL see people wearing T-shirts with his face on them in KOREA and JAPAN every now and then, or run into some young kids that are fans of him

I'm a metalhead so would have missed a lot of it, but he would still be my favourite rapper of all time, should really get deeper into his material (but there's too much metal out there ha ha)

Allso, he spat at people while on coke yelling gangster bullshit. I honestly grew up and changed my opinion on him. Underrated talent still, but kind of a POS. His mom was educated but he turned out to be a punk and got himself killed because he couldn't stop attacking those around him.

His mom was a crack head. She got addicted to crack when he was a teenager and wasn't around to help raise her kids because she was doing activisim stuff with the Black Panthers.

His mom was a crack head. She got addicted to crack when he was a teenager and wasn't around to help raise her kids because she was doing activisim stuff with the Black Panthers.

I read she was educated, high functioning, and very active with the black Panthers and had time for 2 pac. That's where his political viewpoints formed.

I don't know if she was a long term dead beat crack head, not that type.

I realized how big he was in the 90s when a "redneck" looking Dutch white trucker (mullet, handlebar mustache, tattoos, wifebeater) was blasting 2Pac in his truck next to me.

People say Nirvana only got big because their lead singer killed himself.. that’s bullshit. ‘Nevermind’ was Beatles fucking mania V2.
Beatlemania was everywhere in the west, no one gave a fuck about Nirvana outside the US.

Beatlemania was everywhere in the west, no one gave a fuck about Nirvana outside the US.

There was hype in the UK but it wasn't nearly as dominant as you had Madchester/House already in fully swing by 91 and then Britpop starting to rise by 93 with Suede. It was probably only around 18 months when they were considered the most hyped band.

As far as Tupac goes from a UK perspective I would say his death represented the point at which mor standard hip hop went mainstream.

I read she was educated, high functioning, and very active with the black Panthers and had time for 2 pac. That's where his political viewpoints formed.

I don't know if she was a long term dead beat crack head, not that type.
Yea, I wasnt disputing that she was educated. I'm just saying she was also a crackhead and abandoned him for a while, they were also homeless for a bit when he was a teenager. You can be educated, and an addict.
She had put her Black Panther work ahead of her kids at some points.

She obviously had a lot of influence on his view of the world, but it wasn't like she was a model mother. She had 6 kids with different men, was on welfare, and was hanging around people that were wanted by the FBI. Considering all of that, it's easy to see how he turned out wild, but also the thoughtful poet

There was hype in the UK but it wasn't nearly as dominant as you had Madchester/House already in fully swing by 91 and then Britpop starting to rise by 93 with Suede. It was probably only around 18 months when they were considered the most hyped band.

As far as Tupac goes from a UK perspective I would say his death represented the point at which mor standard hip hop went mainstream.
that was my era dude, I never really saw any hype to be honest, like you said Madchester/House then straight into Britpop, was the route I went, I was genuinely oblivious to this apparent 18 months of hype,
Tupac, i know even less about, i was done with rap by the very early 90's

that was my era dude, I never really saw any hype to be honest, like you said Madchester/House then straight into Britpop, was the route I went, I was genuinely oblivious to this apparent 18 months of hype,
Tupac, i know even less about, i was done with rap by the very early 90's

I mean I was in my early teens at that point so not really the prime market but I remember the NME giving they a bit of attention around 1992 in the period between those two scenes but it never really took off to the degree say the Stone Roses/Happy Mondays or Oasis/Blur/Suede either side of them.

Nothing outside the US matters anyway. We don’t concern ourselves with the shitty dirt covered opinions of the impoverished 3rd world.

<DisgustingHHH>

Nothing outside the US matters anyway. We don’t concern ourselves with the shitty dirt covered opinions of the impoverished 3rd world.

<DisgustingHHH>
your ''only murica matters'' schtick, is tired and old, there are parts of your shithole country, that are more 3rd world, than the 3rd world.

your ''only murica matters'' schtick, is tired and old, there are parts of your shithole country, that are more 3rd world, than the 3rd world.

giphy.gif

So, tupac is one of the legends of the hip hop, one of the biggest, but just wondering how big he was when he was alive.
Tupac's death was huge. They showed the news footage during class when I was in high school.

Agreed accept for one thing, he repped West coast hard like he was from there. California love, throwing west side throughout his lyrics, its overwhelming. Hit em up was a retaliation against biggy smalls for the elevator shooting and he represents himself as westside hard in that. I use to listen to a lot of Tupac man and I'm surprised to hear he grew up in New York.

So I think he was a smart guy who saw opportunity in the W-E coast rivalry and cleverly embraced it while feuding with others. Some points removed for not being as real on that front.

Also, he spat at people while on coke yelling gangster bullshit. I honestly grew up and changed my opinion on him. Underrated talent still, but kind of a POS. His mom was educated but he turned out to be a punk and got himself killed because he couldn't stop attacking those around him.
He didn't do coke.

Back