How Big of an Impact Did Hendrick vs Lawler Have on Judging in the UFC?

i see why ur saying that. there have been a few that looked similar, but it did put it out in the forefront a little.

whats funny is that doesnt happen too often. it was like judges were told something that night and they over-exaggerated it

Was that the fight that shifted the judging away from the catch wrestling octagon control bias to the current damage per round criteria?
no it wasnt. the rules were still the old ones. technically, johnny won according to the old criteria, he shoulda won.

It was one of the first fights (but not the first - I remember Sotopolous vs Stevenson) where they finally stopped awarding some loser for laying on a guy. I'm sorry, but takedowns and clinging to a guy's waist should not equate to dominance if they're outstruck during the duration of the round which occurs on the feet.
thats how randy won like 90% of his fights. rewatch vera vs couture.. omg, terrible terrible decision. definition of a robbery. old rules, new rules, prison rules, pride rules,street rules, you name it, no way randy shoulda won

Perhaps , but if Hendricks did nothing in the fight but try to control Robbie and deal no damage , only for Robbie to pull out the stops in the last round ..... than i don;t see a problem with Robbie winning the title ... you can just lay and pray while doing nothing ..... it isn't really so much dominating the fight to be honest.

It wasnt just control. If you watch round by round, without bias, Hendricks clearly outstruck Robbie rounds 2, 3 and 4. He should win according to the rules.

thats how randy won like 90% of his fights. rewatch vera vs couture.. omg, terrible terrible decision. definition of a robbery. old rules, new rules, prison rules, pride rules,street rules, you name it, no way randy shoulda won

I'm not sure how you feel that responds to my post... Learn words, bud.

I'm not sure how you feel that responds to my post... Learn words, bud.

"I'm sorry, but takedowns and clinging to a guy's waist should not equate to dominance if they're outstruck during the duration of the round which occurs on the feet"

you wrote that. this happened to randy during his career. learn words... and fight history, bud.

I can see how you think that , he may of been controlling the fight to some degree , but he wasn't doing as much if any damage in that fight , at least that how i remember it.

Luckily for Hendricks, Lawler took a nap after the first minute of the rematch and didn't wake up till the final 30 seconds of round 4.

And no, this fight had nothing to do with a so-called "change in judging", they are just as poor as ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back