How big of a celebrity is Vitor in Brazil? How about Anderson

Ch0sen0ne

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Are Vitor and Anderson household names? How popular are they compared to Brazilian football/soccer stars or famous Brazilian actors/singers?

I'm asking the Brazilian members of this site

I heard that after Anderson clowned and lost to Weidman a lot of Brazilians didn't like him anymore so Vitor is the most popular fighter in Brazil right now. I'm not a Brazilian but imagine how big Anderson/Vitor 2 in Brazil would be.

I thought Vitor was a bit more mainstream in Brazil due to his wife and him appearing in reality shows. Would like to hear from those in Brazil.

Edit: Guess not I didn't know Anderson Silva had 4 million Twitter followers.

Anderson was massively promoted as "The GOAT" with the UFC coming to Brazil, so he's a pretty big name but he was kinda manufactured into that.

Vitor was a big name before UFC came back to Brazil and probably will continue to be well known after he retires from MMA.

How big of a celebrity is Vitor in Brazil?

Big enough to lick his wife's feet on national TV.

They're far from soccer player like Neymar, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho or singers like Roberto Carlos or Ivete Sangalo.

Vitor is relatively know since the 1990s mostly because of his wife, Suzana. She became very popular on the show 'H', she was know as 'Feiticeira'.

hqdefault.jpg

They both were on the reality show 'Casa dos Artistas', a very popular show also in the 1990s.

vitor+foot.gif

Anderson became know recently, after some exposition on Globo.

Both are well know, but a little far from the biggest celebrities I think.

Would love to know this answer

My guess

Anderson
Vitor
Nog
Wand
Shogun
Jose
Machida

I bet around this pic shogun was close to the top if not the biggest

thumbnail_crop.php

From what I've heard it's more mainstream there than in America these days.

It could be. But is very, very far from soccer. Globo only airs MMA like 2 or 3 in the morning. It's not even live.

They are both pretty big celebrities. Obviously not as popular as star football players. Football is a religion in Brazil.
Anderson is the face of Burger King and Wizard (language school).
Belfort had some notoriety in the 2000's, when he was a participant in a Big Brother type show in Brazil. That's where he met his wife.
Anderson became very popular after his win over Belfort and the UFC became mainstream in Brazil. After his loss to Weidman, he became a little bit of a joke...
He needs to fight seriously to regain his respect on December 28th, no matter the outcome.

Back