How Big is OneFc in Asia?

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

So i'm watching this fight and i can't help but notice the crowd is bigger than most bellator events, so how big is onefc in asia?

I think the smaller shows not in Manila and Singapore are papered shows. They still produce good shows its just that it hasnt caught on yet because MMA is still new in southeast asia. It wasnt that popular when i was in the Philippines...UFC wasnt even popular and this was from 10' to 14'

My friend was able to gain press row like Jeff Sherwood would in UFC circa 2002

its big here in singapore, i went to the last 2 shows here and they filled the 11,000 seat stadium.

angela lee is more famous here than any UFC fighter. Apart from maybe ronda, maybe more so.

I see people wearing ONE championship and EVOLVE shirts all over the place.

Worldwide i think its the 2nd most popular MMA promotion, after UFC. Based on facebook likes it definitley is.

I went to the very first show they held, back in 2011 and they've certainly came a long way in terms of production and popularity. Also the crowd is much more educated nowadays.

Really nice to see.

It seems like they do well in their base of Singapore, and a few other places, but then they go to somewhere like Myanmar, and it's like, why?

Honestly, you'd have to go to each country it's broadcast in and conduct a real survey. You'll never get a true answer on a forum.

It's pretty big in Singapore. I saw this guy watching it on the train on his smartphone too.

Stadiums are filled (Well at least the cheap and middle tier tickets).

Evolve MMA is packed and has 3 branches. Yes,
it might be the fitness first of MMA, but it has still really helped grow the sport.

UFC PPVs and ONE are on basic sports cable.

How educated the fans are are another thing. I know friends that know jack about the ground game and still think it's kinda gay.

Another thing that helps ONE is the timeslot for live fights. 830pm on Fridays at GMT +8 is pretty good for South East Asia.

It's still finding it's way in places like Myanmar and vietnam maybe, but it has done more for South East Asian MMA than Super Fight League as ever done.

asia is a big place.

angela and christian lee are singaporean and the event was in singapore. judging from the crowd, they have a pretty serious amount of fans.

I'm not sure, but getting a plane from Singapore to England, they had a ONE FC event on my plane ride home, lol.

I think its hard to really say. They seem to do decent on attendance and do very good in Singapore.

But attendance doesn't support MMA today on the big stage. It's the TV deals that make the real coin and I have no ideal how the TV deals work in that area of the world with governments input and even ownership of broadcasting in some cases.

To me there kind of like KSW. Do great in more or less their home region and beyond that its very little.

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but getting a plane from Singapore to England, they had a ONE FC event on my plane ride home, lol.

That's means huge in my dictionary :D

The real question is how many tickets end up being giveaways. Lol

The real question is how many tickets end up being giveaways. Lol

That's always the million dollar question.

Even in Pride's hay-day there was rumors that many tickets were comp or sold at between 5 and 10 US dollars for years. Not all tickets but well into the thousands per an event.

its big here in singapore, i went to the last 2 shows here and they filled the 11,000 seat stadium.

angela lee is more famous here than any UFC fighter. Apart from maybe ronda, maybe more so.

I see people wearing ONE championship and EVOLVE shirts all over the place.

Worldwide i think its the 2nd most popular MMA promotion, after UFC. Based on facebook likes it definitley is.

I went to the very first show they held, back in 2011 and they've certainly came a long way in terms of production and popularity. Also the crowd is much more educated nowadays.

Really nice to see.

That's pretty awesome to hear. Visited Singapore a few years back and loved it. A dedicated MMA scene would be fantastic to add to that place.

I attended one of their shows in KL a couple of years ago. It seemed like a pretty big deal

I hope One becomes a true contender to the UFC one day and works with Rizin, Bellator and KSW openly to provide as much opportunity for fighters as possible

The rules and judging (read: not scoring) are the purest and best for MMA anywhere in the world

Relevant information would be how much they pay the fighters as well. If we put the US promotions aside (UFC< WOSF>Belator>Legacy and others), ONE FC is probably the best, than M1, followed by KSW and EFC.

The issues ONE has is that Victor Cui lies a lot.

-Stating that they have 1 billions viewers, or ateast 1 billion can watch it according to him, i doubt 1 billion in asia has a tv to start with.

- Lies about blue chip sponsors such as Disney,Kawasaki and G-watch, it is only Evolve fighter who can use the sponsors and that is why you saw Angela Lee had a g-watch during a press conference

- Chatri (the person who gave 50 k bonus) is the head investor of ONE and also the owner of Evolve, it was just a PR-trick to give Angela Lee and her opponent 50k , i really hope that both of them got it.

- The contract is horrible in the western europe/north america point of view, six fights in 27 months its never happening unless you will agree a purse such as 1000+1000 usd

- They control media like it was a dictatorship, buying writers to market Evolve Gym

When it comes the fights i love it, but the management around ONE is horrible.

Relevant information would be how much they pay the fighters as well. If we put the US promotions aside (UFC< WOSF>Belator>Legacy and others), ONE FC is probably the best, than M1, followed by KSW and EFC.

Unless you are not fighting a fighter related to Evolve it is under 4k usd , if it is an Evolve opponent it will be 6 or 8 k according to some fighters who have fought there and not living in asia.

most of the articles you read are rediculous and you can easily tell they are on the ONE payroll

even on forums you will have a random person say something like "Angela Lee vs Ronda Rousey SuperFight" hahahah i really wanted to get behind ONE at the beginning

most of the articles you read are rediculous and you can easily tell they are on the ONE payroll

even on forums you will have a random person say something like "Angela Lee vs Ronda Rousey SuperFight" hahahah i really wanted to get behind ONE at the beginning
You dont, its to much bullshit.

Angela Lee did not fulfill the weight in terms ONE have started, they gave Mei more % of Angelas purse to be quiet that she failed.

You dont, its to much bullshit.

Angela Lee did not fulfill the weight in terms ONE have started, they gave Mei more % of Angelas purse to be quiet that she failed.

Where did you hear this?

Back