How badly will the MR. Olympia bodybuilding event in Vegas take from Canelo vs. GGG 2 the same day?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by TidWell, Sep 10, 2018.

1. BoxingMMA

BoxingMMA Green Belt

Won't be a problem, Vegas constantly has multiple events going at the same time. I remember when I went to the MGM on the Conor vs Aldo card, the MGM also had the rodeo convention or I dont know what the fuck that was but the octagon in the middle of the lobby had a bull in the middle, one of the restaurants was dressed as a pub and the other restaurant as a country music bar and a lot of cowboys and drunk ass irish guys seemed to blend nicely, even if the cowboys were a bit...worried when mobs of drunken irish walked by. And that fight still did pretty good.

2. CatchnShoot

CatchnShoot Black Belt

Zero percent. If it were a UFC event maybe since I assume there is a lot more coviewership what with them both being tailored to gay men.

Sterling, JayE and Mr.Maelstrom like this.
  3. Blazeblack

Blazeblack Blue Belt

The Olympia is on the same day? Looks like I’m going to have to cancel my ppv buy.

4. Blazeblack

Blazeblack Blue Belt

Excuse you! Just what could be more impressive than a bunch of half naked men who can squat 900 pounds but can’t wipe their own asses?

5. Woldog

Woldog Boxer

0% no one gives a shit about juiceheads posing on a stage when you can watch juiceheads fight in the ring.

6. nastyleft

nastyleft Brown Belt

[​IMG]

TidWell likes this.
  7. Lots

Lots Blue Belt

I don’t think it will effect the fight that much.

The Olympia isn’t exactly mainstream. Body building is still seen as a freak show cult sport.

Two completely different fan bases.

Boomb and Phisher like this.
  8. Phisher

Phisher Silver Belt

Yeah, the people who are willing to travel to the Olympia or watch the live stream wouldn't miss for anything besides maybe a natural disaster destroying their home.

9. HelpYouFall

HelpYouFall Green Belt

In the kitchen, not bothered over a steak.
  10. Newave

Newave Blue Belt

That’s interesting. I went to an Olympia at the Orleans about 10 years ago and that place was barely half full.

11. Newave

Newave Blue Belt

Nah, I think the promotion for the fight has been lagging. I haven’t had a single friend ask me about the fight or try to put together a fight party or bar night. Many of them don’t even know it’s happening this weekend. And that’s odd because the first fight that’s all anyone in my network was talking about one month out, and my uncle of all people had a massive fight party at his house.

12. TidWell

TidWell Red Belt

That was before the huge surge in social media and youtube, for the four years the olympia expo has been booming even the La fit expo and the arnold classic expo.

Regular everyday Fitness Youtubers make more money than pro bodybuilders now

They are the reason for the surge in fans because every expo invites them to have a booth and promote their supplements.

13. Newave

Newave Blue Belt

I’m aware of the social media fitness trend. I just didn’t think it crossed over into traditional bodybuilding. From what I saw most of the fans of guys like Rich Piana and Boston Loyd dont event know who Dexter Jackson is, nor care. There seems to be some animosity between those communities too, a lot of IFBB bodybuilders talk shit about that movement because it’s heavy on the synthol and light on the leg work lol.

But yeah it makes total sense that Olympia expo would bring all youtube fans to town and that they’d go to the show while they are there.

14. GordoBarraBJJ

GordoBarraBJJ Gold Belt

<{anton}>

<[analyzed}><{jackyeah}>

<36><{outtahere}><{Heymansnicker}>bork1}{<jordan}<{MingNope}><Oku02><Dany07>

<20>

15. bad seed

bad seed Gold Belt

I thought bodybuilding (the real Mr. Olympia shit) was dying and "physique modeling" was taking its place? There is no big star since Ronnie Coleman retired.

16. Stormtrooper85

Stormtrooper85 Brown Belt

Sounds an awful lot like UFC.

17. GolovkinGOAT

GolovkinGOAT White Belt

GGG vs Canelo is a sold out event. Most VEGAS goers are debauchery enthusiasts... booze, sex, drugs.... PPV Stars anyday over Bodybuilding without a doubt.

18. TidWell

TidWell Red Belt

Phil heath is a big name

Its all because of those youtubers who they call fake nattys they were able to get new eyes into bodybuilding and they promote aesthetics over mass.

Yeah, jeremy bundia got heat for telling the truth mens physique and classic physique are the most popular categories at olympia, they even got rid of the original ms olympia category because it was too freaky and now the bikini and figure are the most popular

I personally only enjoy the golden era type bodybuilding which classic is, but the mens physique are becoming too muscular, they need to put them in check buendia is getting to huge, the mens physique is supposed to be a leaner more realistice aesthetic now guys are getting to freaky

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 10:08 AM
  19. wallyboxngvsmma

wallyboxngvsmma Green Belt

1.5mill buys

20. ccm22

ccm22 Orange Belt