How badly will the MR. Olympia bodybuilding event in Vegas take from Canelo vs. GGG 2 the same day?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just noticed the biggest bodybuilding event in Las Vegas with the Olympia expo is taking Place the same day and time as the Canelo vs. GGG 2 PPV also in vegas.

How badly will this affect the numbers on the PPV, remember this is a very huge event, Im pretty sure it will affect the attendance most of those Olympia fans book their rooms months in advance anyone who wants to watch the boxing match with Canelo and GGG will have to book rooms outside of the strip.

Considering Bodybuilding is slightly homoerotic, a lot.

I just noticed the biggest bodybuilding event in Las Vegas with the Olympia expo is taking Place the same day and time as the Canelo vs. GGG 2 PPV also in vegas.

How badly will this affect the numbers on the PPV, remember this is a very huge event, Im pretty sure it will affect the attendance most of those Olympia fans book their rooms months in advance anyone who wants to watch the boxing match with Canelo and GGG will have to book rooms outside of the strip.
No wonder it's not sold out

No wonder it's not sold out
so the Canelo GGG event isn;t sold out? the Olympia really did cut into it, a lot of people couldn't find rooms and nobody wants to stay outside the strip and have to drive in thick traffic back to their hotels

It would mean more ppv buys right? What did the first fight do like 900k buys?

Not if Clenelo shows up and shows them up!

so the Canelo GGG event isn;t sold out? the Olympia really did cut into it, a lot of people couldn't find rooms and nobody wants to stay outside the strip and have to drive in thick traffic back to their hotels

1.3m buys

As of 2 weeks ago there were about 2000 tickets left. It will probably come close to selling out by Saturday. The live gate is expected to be at least $27 million.

My guess is body building and boxing appeal to two very different fan bases.

As of 2 weeks ago there were about 2000 tickets left. It will probably come close to selling out by Saturday. The live gate is expected to be at least $27 million.

My guess is body building and boxing appeal to two very different fan bases.
UFC 229 started out at $205 i believe for what may be the biggest PPV of the year. I believe the cheapest tickets for Canelo/GGG 2 is $495. They aren't hurting if it isn't a sellout

UFC 229 started out at $205 i believe for what may be the biggest PPV of the year. I believe the cheapest tickets for Canelo/GGG 2 is $495. They aren't hurting if it isn't a sellout
I bet the UFC ppv prices are a lot more reasonable too. Canelo/GGG is 84.99 US. Luckily, I’m watching at a bar. $10 cover charge.

I bet the UFC ppv prices are a lot more reasonable too. Canelo/GGG is 84.99 US. Luckily, I’m watching at a bar. $10 cover charge.
Canelo/GGG is $84.99 depending on the market, some in the US will be cheaper, some will be at the markup price.

I know the theatre tickets to watch here in Boise were up to $21.50 from the usual $15

I doubt many boxing fans are that into bodybuilding and vice versa so I highly doubt it will have any affect. I mean how many people actually go to mr. Olympia? Bodybuilding isn't gonna take away from any real sport

I doubt many boxing fans are that into bodybuilding and vice versa so I highly doubt it will have any affect. I mean how many people actually go to mr. Olympia? Bodybuilding isn't gonna take away from any real sport
MR olympia weekend is HUGE

With the boom of youtube fitness and lifestyle channels it gave a boost to the expo and lifting, a lot of those fitness youtubers are millionaires from just showing them meal prep and lift weights in 10 minute video vlogs and they attend these expos and are sponsored or have their own supp company

its huge especiall the past 3 to 4 years with the social media and youtube craze and fanatics who follow these fit heads.

MR olympia weekend is HUGE

With the boom of youtube fitness and lifestyle channels it gave a boost to the expo and lifting, a lot of those fitness youtubers are millionaires from just showing them meal prep and lift weights in 10 minute video vlogs and they attend these expos and are sponsored or have their own supp company

its huge especiall the past 3 to 4 years with the social media and youtube craze and fanatics who follow these fit heads.

No I know, I don t mean to down pay how big mr. Olympia is . Ifollow a lot of guys and know it's a big thing in the fitness industry but the people who are going to the expo are more likely than not people who follow boxing. Both are very niche sports and bodybuilding is even more so. It's pretty much Superbowl weekend for the fitness industry but I still can't see it taking away from a massive fight like ggg vs canelo.

I just think it means there will be a lot of people in Vegas and doubt either event will take too much away from the other.

But I do understand how big it is in the fitness industry

I'm pretty sure they've sold most of the tickets. As for the PPV buys, I don't think that'll take a hit at all. Considering you can watch the PPV on your phone from just about anywhere, I don't really see that being an issue for someone who is going to Mr. Olympia but also wants to watch the fight.

No I know, I don t mean to down pay how big mr. Olympia is . Ifollow a lot of guys and know it's a big thing in the fitness industry but the people who are going to the expo are more likely than not people who follow boxing. Both are very niche sports and bodybuilding is even more so. It's pretty much Superbowl weekend for the fitness industry but I still can't see it taking away from a massive fight like ggg vs canelo.

I just think it means there will be a lot of people in Vegas and doubt either event will take too much away from the other.

But I do understand how big it is in the fitness industry
I think it takes away from the luster because its like you said the Superbowl of bodybuilding and fitness, its a huge 3 day event Thursday, Friday and Saturday

All the ROOMS are taken, by the Olympia goers, so that makes the feel very difficult, and they probably swiped up all the room son the strip forcing people who wanted to watch the boxing match to either just stay home and order ppv or have to get rooms off the strip or in downtown vegas. and traffic is a bitch on fight night so it kinda hurts the fight.

They should make a sport where you box for 12 rounds, and if there is no KO you win by whoever has the better bench press.

Back