How bad would a young 28 year old prime Romero Yoel Romero have beat Whittaker?

And the other time a broken hand that he broke in the first round (I think it was the first).
Yes, I forgot about that.
Yoel is a great, but I think a lot of his fans don't give Whitaker due credit. He controlled the fight when he needed to, he had a better gas tank, shut down most of the grappling game and survived when he needed to.

How bad would Jon Jones get beat by an elite Roman Gladiator in his prime 237 b.C.\

What a bullshit thread this is.

Whittaker would have his consciousness taken, get beta'd, son'd and cucked. Not necessarily in that order.

It's insane that the guy beat the crap out of Rob at the age of 41. He has endurance issues because of his very old fighting age and has to use a very low energy/ output fighting style because of it. Because of his age he can't even use his biggest weapon, wrestling anymore, because it consumes too much energy for a 41 year old. On top of that he has admitted himself that he was much more explosive and fast when he was younger, even more than now. At the age of 41 he did this to a prime Whittaker, who has twice the striking experience.:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

How would a young, prime Romero who was even more explosive than he now is without cardio issues, a Yoel who could use his wrestling, have done against Whittaker? He would have started with mma earlier.

I say a brutal knockout inside 3 rounds for Yoel after a domination.
Even the 41 year old Romero kicked his ass. MMA judging criteria is a joke, that was one of the worst decisions in a long time.

Yoel = the people’s champ

well this thread didn't turn out how OP was hoping. lol.

It's insane that the guy beat the crap out of Rob at the age of 41. He has endurance issues because of his very old fighting age and has to use a very low energy/ output fighting style because of it. Because of his age he can't even use his biggest weapon, wrestling anymore, because it consumes too much energy for a 41 year old. On top of that he has admitted himself that he was much more explosive and fast when he was younger, even more than now. At the age of 41 he did this to a prime Whittaker, who has twice the striking experience.:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

How would a young, prime Romero who was even more explosive than he now is without cardio issues, a Yoel who could use his wrestling, have done against Whittaker? He would have started with mma earlier.

I say a brutal knockout inside 3 rounds for Yoel after a domination.
Wouldn’t matter, prime Silva would murder matrix prime Romero!

If Romero started MMA competition in the early 2000’s... very likely he would be the MW GOAT right now and possibly outright GOAT.
Prime Silva matrix prime Romero stand up no where close enough to Anderson stand up. Anderson still will be MW goat.

No wonder you have a double yellow lol.

Ya... Speaking the truth around here gets you got I found out. Can't make true feelings known about fighters if they aren't positive... Which is the strangest thing ever, in a sport where trash talk is so vital and important. I'm out.

From my understanding Yoel used to wrestle the same way he fights and that this is specific to the Cuban wrestling program. Also hard wrestling when you are over 210+ lbs gasses most people at a fast pace.

We have seen it with a younger Weidman too the moment they fully commit to wrestling and it adds up in minutes it just very draining to the gas tank if you don't get your desired position or your resting time you got problems, you have to manage it very carefully.

The heavier weight class the harder it is to adopt a fully wrestling gameplan if the other dude is also game in defense that is, if you can get him where you want then different story.

From my understanding Yoel used to wrestle the same way he fights and that this is specific to the Cuban wrestling program. Also hard wrestling when you are over 210+ lbs gasses most people at a fast pace.

We have seen it with a younger Weidman too the moment they fully commit to wrestling and it adds up in minutes it just very draining to the gas tank if you don't get your desired position or your resting time you got problems, you have to manage it very carefully.

The heavier weight class the harder it is to adopt a fully wrestling gameplan if the other dude is also game in defense that is, if you can get him where you want then different story.

Why DC is a freak.

Well he made his professional MMA debut in 2009 after retiring from wrestling in 2007. So in this hypothetical he stops wrestling at or before he's 18 years old, instead of 30ish.

So he wouldn't have had any world class experience in wrestling, so likely wouldn't be able to use the threat of the take down like he does now. His entire game would be different. He'd likely be more of a striker, but who really knows.

To answer your question, he'd have done differently.

Last edited:
Why DC is a freak.

He is very impressive with his cardio considering his age and body fat and wrestling moves.

He is also smart he never goes full on wrestling if he doesn't have anything to gain from it for example vs Gus he did his moves earlier then Gus started defending good so DC ignored the wrestling and just focused on dirty boxing and constant pressure.

Also if he sees a clear weakness in the grappling compared to himself you are screwed see Rumble, Volkan, Silva, even Hendo after he realized the old man can't hang with him no more he went yolo on him. The only timed he forced it was vs Jones the first time he was kinda on a personal mission to get a damn takedown but Jones limbs were so long and it was hard for DC's style to get him down and pin him too.

Do hypothetical scenarios of Romero winning help you sleep at night TS.

Yoel is head and shoulders above everyone else, despite having 3 out of his last 5 fights be either losses or close, split-decision wins.

What actually happens in the cage doesn't count, what really counts is that he looks like a superhero.

#sherdog

Back