How are "No Weapons" business employees supposed to defend themselves ?

The Sausage King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not here to argue the merits of gun control, I'm asking a basic question.

If employee X is not permitted to carry a lawfully purchased firearm at their job, what are they or others supposed to do if an mad man with a knife or gun comes into their business ? What exactly does the left offer in defense ? The average response time for the police is several minutes or more depending on the location.

Instead of simply saying, "ban all guns" which isn't possible - why doesn't the left offer a logic option for employees if they can't carry a gun to protect themselves.

I await deflection and excuses and name calling from the leftists on here.

Does the business have a security guard?

Employees are not supposed to defend themselves according to liberals. That's racist.

I live in Canada and havent ever needed a gun in my youth or adult life. You Americans get influenced by news reports too much.

Carry a gun anyway. My boss didn't want me to at first but I just didn't say anything and when he found out months later that I'd been carrying the whole time he just said okay.

If employee X is not permitted to carry a lawfully purchased firearm at their job, what are they or others supposed to do if an mad man with a knife or gun comes into their business ? What exactly does the left offer in defense ? The average response time for the police is several minutes or more depending on the location.

Instead of simply saying, "ban all guns" which isn't possible - why doesn't the left offer a logic option for employees if they can't carry a gun to protect themselves.

If you're that fucking terrified of being stabbed to death at work get another job where you can carry your gun. Problem solved.

Get another job? raise the issue to management?

this is all based on the assumption that the people planning to defend themselves at their jobs will always be the "good guys." just like anyone else, something might cause them to be a bad guy one day.

more guns in more places does not make people more safe. i like guns, and i own 3, but i dont worship them.

I live in Canada and havent ever needed a gun in my youth or adult life. You Americans get influenced by news reports too much.

americans dont need guns at the store either, some of us just think we do.

even in our violent country, youre still more likely to choke to death on a skittle than you are to be killed in public.

this is all based on the assumption that the people planning to defend themselves at their jobs will always be the "good guys." just like anyone else, something might cause them to be a bad guy one day.

more guns in more places does not make people more safe. i like guns, and i own 3, but i dont worship them.

But that’s the entire question. What are the “good guys” supposed to do if they need protection? Obviously, anyone intent on causing harm to another is going to ignore all rules and laws, so they’re irrelevant to the topic.

If you're that fucking terrified of being stabbed to death at work get another job where you can carry your gun. Problem solved.

name me the place or type of job where a mass shooter wouldn't be able to harm people - dumbass

the fort hood shooter killed soldiers in an army base - btw, they weren't permitted to carry.

But that’s the entire question. What are the “good guys” supposed to do if they need protection? Obviously, anyone intent on causing harm to another is going to ignore all rules and laws, so they’re irrelevant to the topic.

its a catch 22.

more guns in more places causes all ships to rise with the tide. more good guys will have guns, but more people can then make bad decisions with guns and become "bad guys." so more people will be able to defend themselves, but theyll be required to more often.

its just math. more swimming pools mean more people are going to drown. no way around it.

Kevlar body suit I guess.

name me the place or type of job where a mass shooter wouldn't be able to harm people - dumbass

the fort hood shooter killed soldiers in an army base - btw, they weren't permitted to carry.
And why do you suspect the military doesn't allow all of its people to walk around carrying? Think it through, you can do this.

Seeing as you have a better chance to be struck by lighting or killing in a car accident on your way to work, have a gun is not needed. Plus, if you don't like the fact that your employer does not allow firearms you can always find a different job.

It's up to the employer, dumbass. So like I said get another where your employer allows you to carry your gun if you're that paranoid about being stabbed to death at work.

o-JUSTIN-TRUDEAU-TORONTO-PRIDE-facebook_640x345_acf_cropped.jpg

bro, do you train mma?

Carry a gun anyway. My boss didn't want me to at first but I just didn't say anything and when he found out months later that I'd been carrying the whole time he just said okay.

What kind of job? Wy do you feel you need to carry a gun, or is it you just want to?

Back