How are gun rights advocates going to be able to debate their way out of gun confiscation now?

There is evidence that this is a real tipping point. The number of these shootings, relative to Australia, Japan, the UK, France, Italy etc is so high that I suspect that there will be confiscation of guns from American homes everywhere. If you are a regular American family in Indiana or Texas or Georgia or neighboring state then there is going to be proclamations that the blood of the Vegas country goers is on your hands in some way. At the very least, I think this will be the end of any firearms that can be turned into automatics with basic modifications. I mean, it has been well under two attacks since the shooting that held the previous record for the deadliest in US history.

For the segment of Sherdog that is behind gun rights and the Second Amendment, how can this be countered at all given this phase? Is it time to start embracing the repeal of that Amendment and to embrace America being more like Australia, the UK, France or Japan, countries deemed vastly superior when it comes to how well they have handled gun violence, and indeed other types of violence too?

How very liberal. More of something that didn't work.

There already was a law stating automatic weapons were illegal. The madman broke it. And now you suggest that if only we had another law this would've been stopped.

I think I'll keep my guns and risk becoming a statistic before I give them up in hopes that all the low life criminals and psychopaths ditched theirs too.

I was going to honestly ask what sort of cunt actually believes that a law can be written that will make criminals not want to commit crime, but then I read this:
If you are a regular American family in Indiana or Texas or Georgia or neighboring state then there is going to be proclamations that the blood of the Vegas country goers is on your hands in some way.

So do you believe regulation stops terrorists?

How do you know regulations have not stopped terrorists?

This argument is down right stupid

Yeah because if i wanted to do a mass shooting, and changed my mind because i couldn't get guns, I'm gonna run around screaming "Guys gun laws stopped from me committing a mass shooting, please add me to statistics +"

TS, do you support the war on drugs?

Probably not, because people who want drugs will still get them. And because this also just lines the pockets of the Mexican cartels and other shady characters.

A gun ban would go the same way. People who want them will still get them illegally and still commit murder.

It's a cultural issue, not a legal one.

Ban all guns developed after the year 1791, to keep in spirit with the gun technology available at the time the 2nd amendment was ratified.

How do you know regulations have not stopped terrorists?

This argument is down right stupid

Yeah because if i wanted to do a mass shooting, and changed my mind because i couldn't get guns, I'm gonna run around screaming "Guys gun laws stopped from me committing a mass shooting, please add me to statistics +"
Because terrorist attacks certainly haven't decreased as regulations have increased globally.

How very liberal. More of something that didn't work.

There already was a law stating automatic weapons were illegal. The madman broke it. And now you suggest that if only we had another law this would've been stopped.

Real gun control will dramatic at reduce the amount of firearms available to criminals and the insane. Fact.

America's childish obsession with guns has left it looking like a third world shit hole. I feel safer in some Muslim countries.

Time to stop playing Cowboys and Indians and grow up.

There is evidence that this is a real tipping point. The number of these shootings, relative to Australia, Japan, the UK, France, Italy etc is so high that I suspect that there will be confiscation of guns from American homes everywhere. If you are a regular American family in Indiana or Texas or Georgia or neighboring state then there is going to be proclamations that the blood of the Vegas country goers is on your hands in some way. At the very least, I think this will be the end of any firearms that can be turned into automatics with basic modifications. I mean, it has been well under two attacks since the shooting that held the previous record for the deadliest in US history.

For the segment of Sherdog that is behind gun rights and the Second Amendment, how can this be countered at all given this phase? Is it time to start embracing the repeal of that Amendment and to embrace America being more like Australia, the UK, France or Japan, countries deemed vastly superior when it comes to how well they have handled gun violence, and indeed other types of violence too?
No, maybe if there werent millions of guns ALREADY in circulation. People will get them illegally regardless, you're only hurting people who want guns for home-safety by taking them away from law abiding citizens while you let criminals have a free murder pass.

Real gun control will dramatic at reduce the amount of firearms available to criminals and the insane. Fact.

America's childish obsession with guns has left it looking like a third world shit hole. I feel safer in some Muslim countries.

Time to stop playing Cowboys and Indians and grow up.

So emotional.

Wow. This might be the dumbest thing I've ever read. There is roughly 15 million more people just in California than there are in Australia. Do you have any idea how much violent crime there is in France, the UK, and Italy? Tons and tons. Look at the number of stabbings just in the UK. THis is the most tone deaf, idiotic, liberal shitposting I've ever seen. This part takes the cake, by the way:

If you are a regular American family in Indiana or Texas or Georgia or neighboring state then there is going to be proclamations that the blood of the Vegas country goers is on your hands in some way

You're a dumbass.

As for the Second Amendment, how can it be "countered"? How can a repeal not happen? Are you legitimately retarded? Is that a real question? I can't think it is. If this wasn't an honest troll post before, that has to be the deal sealer. The Second Amendment is what makes the Constitution. Removal of the Second Amendment invalidates the Constitution. Without the Constitution there is no country. Nice try though, kid.

Yes, but do you agree that guns are more efficient weapons than anything else that an ordinary citizen can get his hands on and use as a weapon?

What could have Stephen Paddock used yesterday to kill 58 people and injure more than 400 that is not a gun?

Explosives. Your argument is invalidated. You're welcome.

A man can have a gun in almost every country in the world but he has to pass a few psych, safety and shooting range tests, nothing serious for a gun enthusiast, they should even enjoy learning about guns. Most European countries have many gun owners but they don't give guns to everyone and only militia members can have military grade guns at home the rest are restricted to sports and hunting grade firearms.

So next to Uganda, Sudan, Somalia and other hotspots the USA is only country where a mentally deranged fucker can walk into a store and buy an assault rifle no questions asked, and if you guys really dont see a problem with that, i dont know what to say.

And if youre worried if shit really hits the fan the citizens will be un armed, trust me, as a guy who lived through the civil war in yugoslavia, we had 0 weapons when Serbs attacked us, literally threw shovels at tanks, but in matter of days streets were flooded with guns, my neighbour had a bazooka. Simple law of supply and demand. But un trained citizens with guns couldnt do much vs an organized army. You need trained soldiers. So if you are really worried about your government sending police to kill civilians for whatever reasons, you should add mandatory military training for every citizen to that sacred 2nd amandment for it to be realistically functional.

This is an objectively untrue statement. This post is bad, and you should feel bad.

Back