How an openweight tournament with all top fighters from 185 to 265 goes ?

Not built as a HW? You understand Gus, DC, Jones are some of the bigger LHWs, and absolutely walk around 240+lbs, look on JRE where Gus is slightly chbbier and says he moves just as well as he does at LHW than he does at HW.

Don't tell me you can't see the difference between these guys? Gus is the same height as Stipe but lankier and not as broad shouldered. I'm pretty sure Stipe throws a harder punch then Gus

miocic.jpg
689492690.jpg.0.jpg

Don't tell me you can't see the difference between these guys? Gus is the same height as Stipe but lankier and not as broad shouldered. I'm pretty sure Stipe throws a harder punch then Gus

miocic.jpg
689492690.jpg.0.jpg

I cant in those pics you posted, but I agree, Gus' frame is lankier, but size doesnt always win fights and Stipe has a little size advantage, maybe 5lbs.

Stipe vs DC can answer a lot..
Both are in prime.

Since all 185-ers weigh at least 200+ its not that crazy ,a lot of 185-ers used to fight in openweight tournaments back in the day . 4 top fighters from each division also 4 special entries (Fedor , Chael , Rumble , GSP) are included in this randomized bracket
fnB1Ugb.png

Ok here is how I see it:

Quarter finals:

Gustaffson - Stipe (Stipe wins)
Jones - Blaydes (Jones)
Fedor - Rumble (Fedor)
DC - GSP (DC)

Semi-final

Stipe - Jones (Stipe)
Fedor - DC (DC)

Final

Stipe - DC (We find out 7th of July)

Marvelous :)

Swap Whittaker for GSP and Whittaker would make the final.

DC got his ass beat too, but that fight wasn't razer close, easy 3-2 for DC.
QHDoBzS.png

LOL and forget the top control and takedown, DC beat Gus standing, he didn't win because he beat Gus on the ground
What is your points when you said DC couldn't finish Gus? DC hits hard but he has no KO power, that is like saying Anthony Rumble couldn't finish Gus because DC couldn't do that in 5 rounds. And why are you bringing DC's boxing in here, you want to say DC is a better striker than Yoel or what? Rumble also doesn't have DC's gas tank too but look what happened lol. Yoel doesn't need to throw 10 punches to knock you out, he just need 1 moment and you are done, most of his KO came form 3rd round and he still have power even in 5th round (Whittaker fight).
DC is nothing like Yoel. DC has better MMA's wrestling, they both great at getting up after being taken down, DC's boxing and Yoel is also 2 different things and i would say Yoel's striking skill is much better based on their records, Yoel has KO Power while DC doesn't, DC has better gas tank that help him being more aggressive, both have best chin in the UFC, Yoel can take body shot better than DC, Yoel is also more unpredictable than DC, he can go form CM Punk's speed to MM's speed in a second. LOL saying Yoel is an alpha version of DC proved that you have never watch any DC's fights and Yoel's fights except that Gus fight
What is the problem with i have a Yoel pic as an AV? Because i have Yoel pic as my AV that means i will lose to you or what

Whether you like it or not, Gus would still be the favorite over Romero. He is clearly the bigger man with a huge reach and cardio advantage and Romero has never KOd someone with as strong chin.

Because DC has some of the best dirty boxing in the UFC, and actually has the gas to punch consistent numbers for 5 rounds, and he still couldnt finish Gus. DC also has some of the best takedowns in the sport

DC got his ass beat too. If it werent for his ridiculous chin, he wouldnt of made to 5, that fight was razor close.

Yoel doesnt have the gas to throw shots like DC, doesnt have the takedowns of DC in MMA, and really doesnt have the top control of DC in MMA, he isnt anywhere near the fighter DC is.

Yoel is like an alpha version of DC but with explosive movement and shots . But then again I see you have a Yoel pic as an AV.
yoel is not the alpha version of dc because dc would sodomize him and I love both.

Back