How accurately does Sherdog represent MMA fans?

Sherdog is worse than internet Pro-Wrestling fans who think their Roman Reigns opinions speak for the entire world.

Just about as good as the internet represents real people. So, not at all.

Accurate, but most Sherdoggers are actually 5'2 pasty fat boys (twig skinny if they're lucky) who are incapable of holding a conversation in public unless you fuel them with booze or weed. Thus you don't get the true Sherdog experience unless you can get them piss water or a speech therapist.
spoken like a man with experience.

YoUXisz.png
The embodiment of sex

Barely even a 5% representation of regular/mainstream MMA fans.

On here Conor is hated.
In the real world people actually like Conor.

Anyone i meet in person at work likes him.
People on my facebook like him.

Maybe if the mods did their fucking job and cleaned this place up a bit, the conversations would be a bit more intelligent. Instead, they let this place end up being run by trolls and incels that shit post and talk about manlets all day.

oh wait, wrong account. I'll see myself out.
bring back big chats

I wouldn't give 5 minutes to an MMA fan on a good day... this sport is great but attracts creeps like no other sport.

Poorly. Most fans don't know about weight classes. Almost every talk I've had begins with a question or statement that a popular striker would beat a HW wrestler. Like that Conor would KO Brock. The conviction, 100% sureness is similar as in here tho.

Pretty accurately, considering the number of people on here who say that Cormier deserves a money fight with Brock.

It’s a good gauge of overall casual reactions and interest. Back in the day it was way more esoteric, now as ufc has gone more mainstream, the convos are more casual esque these days. Detailed analyses are ignored and classic keyboard wars take all the attention, just like its sports center or something.

MMA is cockfighting
Sherdog is cocks talking

I think Sherdog accurately represents fans at MMA events. Let me make my case.

Fans who boo jiu-jitsu or grappling as "lay and pray", fans who want haymakers being thrown and blood flowing freely (not that there's anything wrong with that), root for fighters from their home country unless it's the United States, have widely ranging views of whether PEDs are the death of the sport or a cool addition to it, are hetero or not, and who find MMA as a uniting interest regardless of background.

I think this represents the average fan at an event and represents Sherdog.

About right?

Poorly. Most fans don't know about weight classes. Almost every talk I've had begins with a question or statement that a popular striker would beat a HW wrestler. Like that Conor would KO Brock. The conviction, 100% sureness is similar as in here tho.

At first, some of them seem to know what they are talking about, and after 2 or 3 minutes, it's as pointless as talking about what will happen in Avengers 4 but with more superpowers involved when they talk about MMA.

My BJJ buddies are very fun in that regard though. They are more knowledgeable, sometimes they get a bit biased when they are a fan of someone but all in all they are less extreme and kind of understand that MMA is a very tough business and that nobody is invincible. BJJ is far from MMA but we still kind of understand what can happen in a fight. We had a blast talking about the 2 kneebars this weekend, even trying it before classes.

Kind of an unfair comparison because Sherdog is pretty much a competition to see who is the biggest idiot and there's no clear winner

Most MMA fans are casuals who think DC's days are numbered once Conor moves up, and CM Punk should be fighting for a title.

So I guess it's a fair representation.

Back