How About Some Actual Numbers? Boxing vs. UFC in the U.S. 2012

I wasn't sure what this sentence meant.

Is the second average a typo?
It means 1.8 million viewers only watched one fight then turned that shit off.

Comparing UFC to all boxing? Lol. Anyway, a simple google search for fuel tv ufc ratings gives you what you need, but I understand not wanting your "proof" crushed.

http://www.mmamania.com/ufc-ratings

I love Combat sports, and a good fight is a good fight. But your data was very selective, haha.

This is better for Fuel Ratings

[URL="UFC Fight Night on FUEL TV had 326,000 Total Viewers and 203,000 M18

This is actually very interesting. Nice post.

You may be able to find more ratings at thefutoncritic. For example, Donaire/Mathebula did somewhere between 631,000 and 867,000, depending on how you count the timeslots.

You may be able to find more ratings at thefutoncritic. For example, Donaire/Mathebula did somewhere between 631,000 and 867,000, depending on how you count the timeslots.

Thanks. I will say about .8 mil, and then sherdoggies will complain and call me names, and then I'll probably have to adjust it again.

UFC keeps their numbers private and their numbers are ESTIMATIONS.

Boxing is the much bigger sport with much bigger ratings and they dont keep their numbers private.

It was hilarious when that clown Joe Rogan was saying "UFC is SWALLOWING box"

what a joke.

Boxing>>>UFC in terms of ratings

I admit it requires a very close reading of the subtext, but yes, that is the point. One of the clues can be gleaned from a close examination of the title phrase, "Boxing vs. UFC in the U.S. 2012 "

Really...because your conclusion was ""iv) With the Klits, boxing is almost certainly still bigger worldwide."

Excuse the rest of us for not knowing what the fuck you are trying to say.

also I found this headline from your first source (what are you 13?) hilarious

ESPN's "Friday Night Fights" Sees Lowest Season Audience Since Inception In '98

Still boggles my mind that any of this matters to people.

We have a pretty good idea of what would happen if you matched a boxer against a MMA guy. That peace of mind should be enough for you.

also I found this headline from your first source (what are you 13?) hilarious

ESPN's "Friday Night Fights" Sees Lowest Season Audience Since Inception In '98

And yet it still trounces Fuel.

dana white still gets asked questions in interviews about if the fights are

"Scripted" or not

:eek:

Still boggles my mind that any of this matters to people.

We have a pretty good idea of what would happen if you matched a boxer against a MMA guy. That peace of mind should be enough for you.

your post is so left field that its ridiculous perhaps an elitist might appreciate it

If you want to ignore all the numbers, yes, exactly.

What numbers??? UFC's numbers could be made up for all we know. They're not official numbers.

This benefits the UFC because when they need to say they didnt sell a lot of PPVs its easy not to pay fighters shit.

When they want to make themselves look good they say they do a million buys.

The ufc is a promotion, boxing is a sport.

Why not do ufc v goldenboy promotions?

Nice thread.

I wonder if the UFC, as it grows older, tends to attract fighters, pulling them from boxing. As the sport continues to grow we could see more dojos rising, more interest in the sport and more athletes going to MMA.

I actually just watched a couple of old boxing fights on espn over the weekend
It was a heavy weight trillogy of Evander holifield vv Ridick bowe
And it was fucking amazing . I couldnt belive how tough those guy were 12 rounds of absolute war. I havnt seen a heavy weight in the UFC that poceses that much talent yet

What numbers??? UFC's numbers could be made up for all we know. They're not official numbers.

This benefits the UFC because when they need to say they didnt sell a lot of PPVs its easy not to pay fighters shit.

When they want to make themselves look good they say they do a million buys.

Only the PPV numbers are unofficial estimations, and I've seen no compelling reason to think they're biased.

Back