How About Some Actual Numbers? Boxing vs. UFC in the U.S. 2012

I just mean that only talking about U.S. events relative to north American events decreases the UFC's relative performance because their biggest star doesn't like to leave Canada.

ahhh gottcha. in all the lists of #'s and big fonts, i missed this little base rule or your analysis:

This is only for significant, large events held in the U.S.in 2012.

yes, having a GSP fight or 2 in Canada would impact overall US #'s.

cheers.

Very well done.

I love them both but I see them differently. I watch boxing like a sport but UFC I tend to watch as entertainment. I think they appeal to different fan bases. Boxing with sports fans and UFC with wwe fans.

Fuel execs would sell their souls to the Devil to do what FNF does. But if you find a nice summary sauce I'll post it if it will make you happy.

I'm sure they would if they could get ESPN type numbers on their little Fuel network....are you serious with that?

It's about hours of content. You included a replay of a PPV on HBO to up your boxing numbers, yet failed to include every UFC replay, pre-show, post-show, and live fights which happened on Fuel.

Also since you included all of boxing and not just one origination, you also have to do the same for MMA and include groups like Bellator and Strikeforce.

Very well done.

I love them both but I see them differently. I watch boxing like a sport but UFC I tend to watch as entertainment. I think they appeal to different fan bases. Boxing with sports fans and UFC with wwe fans.

WWE fans? You're joking right?

Very well done.

Nice little post with a great big troll hook set at the end.

WWE fans? You're joking right?

ya, what a dumbass.

why anyone would bother with UFC if they viewed it as WWF-entertainment level is beyond me. it probably makes sense to a WWF fan though :redface:

I'm sure they would if they could get ESPN type numbers on their little Fuel network....are you serious with that?

It's about hours of content. You included a replay of a PPV on HBO to up your boxing numbers, yet failed to include every UFC replay, pre-show, post-show, and live fights which happened on Fuel.

The point is that Fuel is just a drop in the bucket when comparing the two; you seem to admit this but still complain for some reason. And again, find me a sauce for Fuel ratings and I'll amend the OP.

Also since you included all of boxing and not just one origination, you also have to do the same for MMA and include groups like Bellator and Strikeforce.

Purpose of the thread is to compare UFC and boxing, as the title says. If you want to throw other orgs in there go make your own thread. I'll graciously allow you to use my stats.

ya, what a dumbass.

why anyone would bother with UFC if they viewed it as WWF-entertainment level is beyond me. it probably makes sense to a WWF fan though :redface:

The only similarity is the business model (which probably confuses the heck out of people who can't think any more deeply than my dog).

I like both Boxing and MMA.

This "rivalry" is retarded

The point is that Fuel is just a drop in the bucket when comparing the two; you seem to admit this but still complain for some reason. And again, find me a sauce for Fuel ratings and I'll amend the OP.

Purpose of the thread is to compare UFC and boxing, as the title says. If you want to throw other orgs in there go make your own thread. I'll graciously allow you to use my stats.

Ok, when you did it the first time I assumed it was an auto-correct typo.

But now you've done it twice. I hate to be the spelling/grammar police but why do you type "source" as "sauce?"

This is a damn fine point this fella has. If you want to be fair in your assessment, this would be necessary. Speaking of Fuel numbers, they've been pretty good lately, bringing in more folks.

Ok, when you did it the first time I assumed it was an auto-correct typo.

But now you've done it twice. I hate to be the spelling/grammar police but why do you type "source" as "sauce?"

You need to get with it, old man. "Sauce" is what the cool kids say. Maybe you need to go take a nap.

I'm not doing your job for you, I'm only pointing out how anybody can skew numbers in their favor. At least you are admitting you aren't using fuel numbers, but how you attempt to come to a conclusion without all the facts is pretty stupid.

The purpose of your thread was to show UFC as a company vs. multiple boxing orgs?

The purpose of your thread was to show UFC as a company vs. multiple boxing orgs?

I admit it requires a very close reading of the subtext, but yes, that is the point. One of the clues can be gleaned from a close examination of the title phrase, "Boxing vs. UFC in the U.S. 2012 "

And you put in peak audience for Boxing on Network vs the average for UFC.

Example Cunningham vs Adamek averaged 1.6 million and peaked at 3.2 million.

Diaz vs Henderson average 4.4 million and peaked at 5.7 million.

Just really skewed numbers basically.

What I gather from this is that mma basically operates at a higher volume(more ppv's, more tv time, etc) but does lesser numbers than boxing/event.

Comparing UFC to all boxing? Lol. Anyway, a simple google search for fuel tv ufc ratings gives you what you need, but I understand not wanting your "proof" crushed.

http://www.mmamania.com/ufc-ratings

I love Combat sports, and a good fight is a good fight. But your data was very selective, haha.

You need to get with it, old man. "Sauce" is what the cool kids say. Maybe you need to go take a nap.

LOL, when I see "sauce" I think a sweet saucer pass on a two on one breakaway in hockey.

Or gravy. Yummmm, gravy.

And you put in peak audience for Boxing on Network vs the average for UFC.

Example Cunningham vs Adamek averaged 1.6 million and peaked at 3.2 million.

Diaz vs Henderson average 4.4 million and peaked at 5.7 million.

Just really skewed numbers basically.

I wasn't sure what this sentence meant.

The 2-hour telecast averaged 1.6 million viewers and peaked at 2.2 rating and 3.2 million average viewers

Is the second average a typo?

Back