How About Kelvin Gastelum vs. Derek Brunson?

I thought Brunson was rematching Jacare?

If they allow Kelvin to fight Whitaker,.....Rockhold and Romero will visit UFC headquarters and clean fu*king house.

Romero is coming off a loss to Whittaker. Rockhold is on a one fight win streak after getting knocked out by Bisping and it was against David Branch who outstruck him. He is not in a position to talk.

The problem is no one in that division has any kind of momentum.

I thought Brunson was rematching Jacare?
Discussed, not official. Jacare wants it on the Belem card in Brazil, Brunson wants on the Charlotte card as it's his hometown. That may be the deal breaker.

Great fight! I wonder if Kelvin ever wants to try 170 again. I think Jacare, Weidman, maybe Rockhold, Whittaker and GSP all beat them though.

Both guys have very, very good hands. Brunson is a legit KO artist but still no one recognizes him as such.

Brunson has terrible hands, he's sloppy and over aggressive. He just flails at guys, when he faces anyone good he gets dropped like a bad habit (Jacare, Whittaker). Don't let Brunnson's KO of an old, washed up, two year retired Machida fool you kids...Brunson's either going to be on the wrestle game plan or he's getting floored. Gastelums striking is light-years better, his footwork and speed are too.

Pretending the Lyoto KO didn't happen, it seems like a step backwards for Kelvin after facing Weidman then Bisping.

Romero is coming off a loss to Whittaker. Rockhold is on a one fight win streak after getting knocked out by Bisping and it was against David Branch who outstruck him. He is not in a position to talk.

The problem is no one in that division has any kind of momentum.

Especially Gastelum!

Romero lost a close fight by decision.

Heck, let's bring in Hendo back to face GSP.......George will NOT fight any of the other top 10 middleweights.

Georges-St.-Peaceout!

Either Rockhold or the winner of Jacare/Brunson

though I would prefer the Brunson/Jacare fight to be scratched

Brunson vs Kelvin
Jacare vs Whineman
GSP vs Whitaker
Rockhold vs Romero

Either Rockhold or the winner of Jacare/Brunson

though I would prefer the Brunson/Jacare fight to be scratched

Brunson vs Kelvin
Jacare vs Whineman
GSP vs Whitaker
Rockhold vs Romero
These are exactly the matchups that should happen.

Makes perfect sense imo. Both are coming off dominant early KO wins and looking to break into that "elite tier" at 185. They're about in the same spot in the division and another win will put them right up there in the discussion for a top 5 guy or potentially a title shot. I think this is the perfect fight to make right now and would be an awesome headliner for the Charlotte event.

What do you guys think? Brunson wants it. Would be a barn burner.

Book it !

I’m definitely here for this match-up, book it!

GSP vs. Whittaker
Rockhold vs. Romero
Weidman vs. Jacare
Brunson vs. Gastelum
Borrachinha vs. Boestch

Imo

Brunson is very sleoppy. Thibk Krlvin catches him clean.

Especially Gastelum!

Romero lost a close fight by decision.

Heck, let's bring in Hendo back to face GSP.......George will NOT fight any of the other top 10 middleweights.

Georges-St.-Peaceout!

It was a definitive victory for Whittaker and Romero gassed the fuck out. No one wants to see that rematch. Gastelum is a way more interesting fight.

Discussed, not official. Jacare wants it on the Belem card in Brazil, Brunson wants on the Charlotte card as it's his hometown. That may be the deal breaker.

Good then, your fight is better.

Back