How About GSP vs Kevin Lee for the Inaugural 165lbs Belt at UFC 230?

Dana giving another belt to GSP
m8KcVd.gif

How about no 165 belt and no more threads about it?

A “165’er” should just eat right and fight at 170.

GSP fans afraid to see their man fight anyone and everyone.

How about Georges St-Pierre vs. Anderson fucking Silva already?
but why?

silva's been busted twice and isn't nearly as good as he was, not to mention completely irrelevant in the current landscape. how is that a meaningful fight?

GSP only looking for “legacy” fights but wouldn’t fighting to be the first 3 division champion in ufc be a legacy fight ? Idk tbh

at this stage of their careers, I believe so

Nothing against GSP, Kevin Lee is just extremely underrated at the moment
lol.

Kevin Lee is underrated but come on now. GSP keeps it on the feet and then tunes him up standing. It'd be Koscheck vs. GSP all over again.

This fight does zero for GSP. If he loses he lost to a relatively unknown (to the casual audience) and someone that has fought predominately at 155. It's Khabib or Conor at that weight and that's it.

lol.

Kevin Lee is underrated but come on now. GSP keeps it on the feet and then tunes him up standing. It'd be Koscheck vs. GSP all over again.

This fight does zero for GSP. If he loses he lost to a relatively unknown (to the casual audience) and someone that has fought predominately at 155. It's Khabib or Conor at that weight and that's it.
Comparing Lee and koscheck is ridiculous

Lee has some genuine boxing fundamentals, not just an overhand right. Some solid kicks as well.

he was outstriking both Tony and Barboza on the feet.

Gsp has a great jab, I don't know necessarily think he'd have an edge on the feet though. I personally like the way kevin moves and his overall technique / kicking game more than gsp. Gsp does some things very well but his style on the feet has always felt very stiff to me and i still see some ingrained habits from his initial karate background.

Kevin's 25 as well, he's evolving every fight. I see him very much like a modern version of gsp

I agree though, that fight does nothing for him. At this stage of his career,nly the biggest fights make sense and he's earned that right

Comparing Lee and koscheck is ridiculous

Lee has some genuine boxing fundamentals, not just an overhand right. Some solid kicks as well.

he was outstriking both Tony and Barboza on the feet.

Gsp has a great jab, I don't know necessarily think he'd have an edge on the feet though. I personally like the way kevin moves and his overall technique / kicking game more than gsp. Gsp does some things very well but his style on the feet has always felt very stiff to me and i still see some ingrained habits from his initial karate background.

Kevin's 25 as well, he's evolving every fight. I see him very much like a modern version of gsp

I agree though, that fight does nothing for him. At this stage of his career,nly the biggest fights make sense and he's earned that right
Kevin's striking has improved but it's overrated at this point - people hear that he trains with Floyd and all of a sudden they carry the narrative that he's a killer on the feet.

I agree though he could well be the next GSP given the age. GSP improved out of sight once he started working with Roach so it'll be interesting to see how far Kevin goes with it. Personally I think Kevin is the 2nd best in the division behind Conor (I think he'd beat Fergie in a rematch) and I think he's a horrible matchup for Khabib.

There clearly needs to be some type of division between 155 and 170. Personally I think the weight classes should just be lowered at 155, and 160ish division in between for guys like Cerrone, Masvidal, Dos Anjos, Ferguson, Khabib and Lee. While the new LW division has guys like Conor, Poirer, Pettis, Aldo, Holloway, and Ortega.

Kevin's striking has improved but it's overrated at this point - people hear that he trains with Floyd and all of a sudden they carry the narrative that he's a killer on the feet.

I agree though he could well be the next GSP given the age. GSP improved out of sight once he started working with Roach so it'll be interesting to see how far Kevin goes with it. Personally I think Kevin is the 2nd best in the division behind Conor (I think he'd beat Fergie in a rematch) and I think he's a horrible matchup for Khabib.
fair enough, naw it was just my personal opinion really. I have my view on things, definitely not trying to carry on a narrative

I like what i seen from him the last few fights on the feet, his kicks as well. Definitely some holes, a lot of things to work on and a ton of room to grow

He's been with Mayweathers gym for like 3-4 years now i think.

but yeah, I agree

How about he beats someone of note at 155 and then goes to fight for the title there?

Back