Daley
Saffiedine
Maia

Losses

Condit
Lawlerx2
Wonderboy

Woodley is 6-0-1 in those fights

He has only had more impressive performances than Woodley against Daley and Saffiedine. Woodley had the better performances against all other opponents they have in common. Hory had a FOTN with Maia where he arguably got 10-8 in the 1st and practically mounted the whole round. Maia was lighting him up standing early too. Woodley shut Maia out 5-0, knocked him down and stuffed over 20 TDs

You can live in the past if u want, like Struve KOing Stipe, Duffy finishing Conor, Pickett shutting out Demetrious etc. But Woodley is easily the best WW in the world right now

Didn't he lose to Rory? Not sure it matters about common opponents.

Hes 1-0 vs Woodley

Didn't he lose to Rory? Not sure it matters about common opponents.

Struve is 1-0 VS Stipe too
Whittaker is 1-0 with Court Mcgee
Picket is 1-0 with Demetrious

etc etc

H2H isnt the end all. If it is then u cant reasonably rank Hory over Lawler, Condit or Wonderboy, especially Lawler who beat him twice and finished him once

Woodley would shatter Rory’s nose if they rematched.

Rory peaked vs Woodley and Tyron has continued to improve+Lawler took his soul. Guarantee betting odds would favor Woodley.

I think it would be a much better scrap if those two fought again. Woodley has gotten a lot better since then.

I'd love to see a rematch.

No one is saying that Rory has the better wins but he may have Woodley's number.

I'd love to see a rematch.

No one is saying that Rory has the better wins but he may have Woodley's number.

It's possible. Even Woodley says he's his toughest matchup in the division. But there are ppl here pretending Hory is the better overall WW as if their fights with other WWs don't matter

It's possible. Even Woodley says he's his toughest matchup in the division. But there are ppl here pretending Hory is the better overall WW as if their fights with other WWs don't matter

Yes, styles make fights.

And there are different meanings for "better"

For example if Rory fought Woodley next and won he'd literally be better but Woodley is still better in regards to career accomplishments.

Woodley would shatter Rory’s nose if they rematched.

Rory peaked vs Woodley and Tyron has continued to improve+Lawler took his soul. Guarantee betting odds would favor Woodley.

Go throw on Rory vs Lima.

Rory's still got his soul. And a whole lot of heart too.

I'd take Rory in the rematch, he's just a bad matchup for Tyron.

Styles make fights. Rory doesn't have the power Woodley does. So he can't one shot KO Lawler or rock Wonderboy.

Wins

Daley
Saffiedine
Maia

Losses

Condit
Lawlerx2
Wonderboy

Woodley is 6-0-1 in those fights

He has only had more impressive performances than Woodley against Daley and Saffiedine. Woodley had the better performances against all other opponents they have in common. Hory had a FOTN with Maia where he arguably got 10-8 in the 1st and practically mounted the whole round. Maia was lighting him up standing early too. Woodley shut Maia out 5-0, knocked him down and stuffed over 20 TDs

You can live in the past if u want, like Struve KOing Stipe, Duffy finishing Conor, Pickett shutting out Demetrious etc. But Woodley is easily the best WW in the world right now

And yet Rory beat Woodley.

The only thing we can take from your thread, is that MMAth does not work.

new-website-proves-mma-math-is-uselessand-hilarious-body-image-1464970730.jpg

new-website-proves-mma-math-is-uselessand-hilarious-body-image-1464970751.jpg

or one better: Clay Guida > Fedor

Clay Guida > Rafael dos Anjos
Rafael dos Anjos > Terry Etim
Terry Etim > Brian Cobb
Brian Cobb > Drew Fickett
Drew Fickett > Derrick Noble
Derrick Noble > Jake Ellenberger
Jake Ellenberger > Jake Shields
Jake Shields > Dan Henderson
Dan Henderson > Renato Sobral
Renato Sobral > Mauricio Rua
Mauricio Rua > Chuck Liddell
Chuck Liddell > Alistair Overeem
Alistair Overeem > Fabricio Werdum
Fabricio Werdum > Fedor Emelianenko

Who gives a fuck about common opponents? They fought bruh. And Rory whipped that ass.

"You can live in the past if you want"

*Uses 15 year old Rory losing to Condit to make his point.

Struve is 1-0 VS Stipe too
Whittaker is 1-0 with Court Mcgee
Picket is 1-0 with Demetrious

etc etc

I love how you say "etc etc" after some of the deepest digging I've seen in a long, long time.

I think Rory's best days are behind him while Woodley is at his apex.

MMA is filled with victories that wouldn't repeat. In this case we have two high level athletes, much closer in competition, so it's not shocking, but there are certainly graver cases, Stipe Struve as mentioned, but what about one of Arlovskis early losses to Datsik? Or GSP to Serra? Or Wonderboy to Matt Brown? Or Shogun to Sonnen?

It would be a long list.

Plus Rory kick led his ass but if you want to look at mma as a champion series like fucking NASCAR then that’s on you

If Rory beat Gegard Mousasi then it mean Rory is way way way way mega way better than Woodley.
Why? Rory has beaten Woodley 1-0.
Also if Rory beat a MW/LHW fighter like Mousasi where Woodley has never beat anyone at 185.

Back