Horizon: Zero Dawn (robot dinosaurs)

One of my biggest fears for this was it would have a bunch of trash side quests, but reading they went with less, more meaningfully side quests. sounds like the real reviews are coming in really positive. IGN scored it at 93.
The IGN video review also said the side quests are all basically fetch quests though.

Thing I have noticed about the reviews I have seen from the publications pages on YouTube... I haven't seen a single male review this game yet.

Yep and what I've noticed from this gen as well is they always seem to start off strong and then they slow down a lot and focus on sequels a lot more. It was so annoying to be on Xbox and I'm getting some Gears of War prequel and Sony is getting two brand new IP's with the PS4 coming out in a year.

Sony first party developers make Last OF Us, Uncharted, Horizon, Indigo Prophecy/heavy rain/Detroit become human, infamous, God of War, plus studios they partner with and produce Sony only games like Bloodborne, Nioh, Persona,Ni No Kuni.

It's what's separated Playstation from other consoles for 20 years now. The amount of quality games spanning every genre is what makes them the console god

Currently 88 on Metacritic after 78 critic reviews accounted for. USgamer gave it a 50 which seems to have weighed down the average.

Thing I have noticed about the reviews I have seen from the publications pages on YouTube... I haven't seen a single male review this game yet.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this.

Sony first party developers make Last OF Us, Uncharted, Horizon, Indigo Prophecy/heavy rain/Detroit become human, infamous, God of War, plus studios they partner with and produce Sony only games like Bloodborne, Nioh, Persona,Ni No Kuni.

It's what's separated Playstation from other consoles for 20 years now. The amount of quality games spanning every genre is what makes them the console god

I have both consoles, and I desperately want some amazing Xbox exclusives simply to justify the damn purchase at this point. I've always been more of a "Playstation" gamer but man Sony is kicking Microsoft's ass right now.

I mainly bought my Xbox for Titanfall (ugh) and Gears and I can say I put in exponentially more time into Rocket League, which was a free game on Playstation Plus over a year ago, than I ever did in those two games.

Aside from Bethesda games I'm really questioning what the hell I'm going to do with my One for now.

The IGN video review also said the side quests are all basically fetch quests though.

One of the early reviews posted here, was by a female feminist known for anti gamergate stance and working for shill companies.

I'm not knocking the game I haven't played it and don't know much about it but there are some reviews out there by people I would not trust

One of the early reviews posted here, was by a female feminist known for anti gamergate stance and working for shill companies.

I'm not knocking the game I haven't played it and don't know much about it but there are some reviews out there by people I would not trust
I'll go on record as admitting to wanting to be proven wrong but here's the thing... This game looks like an Ubisoft tower to clear the map thing with a Dance With Wolves humans and tech are bad and destroying mother earth LONG LIVE THE MATRIARCHY shill agenda sorta game.

Like I said, I'd love to be proven wrong.. but I really don't think I will. I also suspect Angry Joe is going to "love" the game but I don't trust his reviews the same way I used anymore.

If people like it.. more power to them.. but for myself personally I don't think I will.

Gamergaters are hypocritical pieces of shit, that makes me more interested in this game. Also lol at shill company, what does that even mean?

I'll go on record as admitting to wanting to be proven wrong but here's the thing... This game looks like an Ubisoft tower to clear the map thing with a Dance With Wolves humans and tech are bad and destroying mother earth LONG LIVE THE MATRIARCHY shill agenda sorta game.

Like I said, I'd love to be proven wrong.. but I really don't think I will. I also suspect Angry Joe is going to "love" the game but I don't trust his reviews the same way I used anymore.

If people like it.. more power to them.. but for myself personally I don't think I will.

Nothing wrong with that. Just because something is well liked and reviewed doesn't mean it meets your taste/genre in games.

Overwatch isn't for everyone, The Last of Us isn't for everyone. Each person is their own critic.

Nothing wrong with that. Just because something is well liked and reviewed doesn't mean it meets your taste/genre in games.

Overwatch isn't for everyone, The Last of Us isn't for everyone. Each person is their own critic.
I know Overwatch and TF2 are great games and I can feel it in the engine, I just can't stand the art style.

Horizon for me is something different. It LOOKS fucking amazing graphically but I worry the game will essentially become a mash up of AC and the Arkham games. And as a guy that has played all but one AC game (the one on Vita) and all the Arkham games I think I've been burnt out.

I was watching a preview for Horizon of the main character climbing one of the walking towers and I swear I saw animations from AC II or Brotherhood in how they have the character scale the thing and jump from spine to spine.

I know Overwatch and TF2 are great games and I can feel it in the engine, I just can't stand the art style.

Horizon for me is something different. It LOOKS fucking amazing graphically but I worry the game will essentially become a mash up of AC and the Arkham games. And as a guy that has played all but one AC game (the one on Vita) and all the Arkham games I think I've been burnt out.

I was watching a preview for Horizon of the main character climbing one of the walking towers and I swear I saw animations from AC II or Brotherhood in how they have the character scale the thing and jump from spine to spine.

I hear you man. I've seen some people say Far Cry like. One of my close friends refuses to play The Last of Us because he doesn't like long cinematic scenes in games like Metal Gear games. You can't force yourself to like a game if it has mechanics or some aspect in it that you know you don't like in games.

Wow that IGN girl who reviewed this game gave it a 9.5

I just read about her. Apparently shes notorious feminist for giving games with female protagonists high ratings and other games that "objectify" women a low rating. Theres even a petition for IGN to fire her.

I'll still buy this game though.

Yes it does seem like a lot of women reviewers and yes it has a lot of Far Cry, Assassin's Creed and Tomb Raider in it.

Still looks good to me. Stellar graphics, gameplay supposed to be very good and yes I will get sick of side quests (like every open world game even Goats like Red Dead, Witcher 3, Far Cry 3)

Story and combat will make or break how truly good it is. I trust the developers technical ability. Just like I trust Platinum seem ability to make Nielsen combat shine

My Body is ready, game is going to look insane on my PS4 PRO , finally put this 4K tv to use.

The combat in this game looks pretty legit, so many games coming out, it's hard to keep up! Gotta make some tough choices.

Wow that IGN girl who reviewed this game gave it a 9.5

I just read about her. Apparently shes notorious feminist for giving games with female protagonists high ratings and other games that "objectify" women a low rating. Theres even a petition for IGN to fire her.

I'll still buy this game though.

Lmao I just read the petition. Holy fuck these neckbeards are pathetic. They want her fired for giving Uncharted 4 a 9/10

<36>

Back