Horizon: Zero Dawn (robot dinosaurs)

Goddamn, everybody is raving about this game.

Just finished the game. I played it on the hard difficulty and what a fun game. The story was excellent with great plot twists (would not mind seeing this made into a movie) and the gameplay was consistent and fun the entire time. I did just about everything you could do in the game. I really appreciated that there weren't that many tedious "fetch quests" which I just loathe in games like this. I finished at around level 42, got the special shield weaver armor, and did every side quest I could find in the game.

However, with all that said, I do see one downside to this game. For me, the replayability for this game is extremely low. Dialogue choices in the game seem to not change the story at all, only the way other characters answer you in particular conversations. While it was one of the best gaming experiences I have had, I have no desire to play through the game a 2nd time.

Just finished the game. I played it on the hard difficulty and what a fun game. The story was excellent with great plot twists (would not mind seeing this made into a movie) and the gameplay was consistent and fun the entire time. I did just about everything you could do in the game. I really appreciated that there weren't that many tedious "fetch quests" which I just loathe in games like this. I finished at around level 42, got the special shield weaver armor, and did every side quest I could find in the game.

However, with all that said, I do see one downside to this game. For me, the replayability for this game is extremely low. Dialogue choices in the game seem to not change the story at all, only the way other characters answer you in particular conversations. While it was one of the best gaming experiences I have had, I have no desire to play through the game a 2nd time.

There is almost 0 replayability. That's fine it's a 50 hour game with almost 0 fetch quests and even the collectibles aren't overbearing.

I'm finishing up the main quest right now. God it's written well I lament over every data point I miss because the lore is fantastic

Good news on sales numbers. Ps4s best selling new IP's, outselling Zelda nearly everywhere

There is almost 0 replayability. That's fine it's a 50 hour game with almost 0 fetch quests and even the collectibles aren't overbearing.

I'm finishing up the main quest right now. God it's written well I lament over every data point I miss because the lore is fantastic

Same, the main story is already great, but all of the little data recorders really paint a great picture of what happened, and I found myself spending far to long scouring every area to try and find them all.

I loved finding out what Project Zero Dawn really was and what really happened to civilization. It was a real gut punch, but damn that was a great reveal.

Same, the main story is already great, but all of the little data recorders really paint a great picture of what happened, and I found myself spending far to long scouring every area to try and find them all.

I loved finding out what Project Zero Dawn really was and what really happened to civilization. It was a real gut punch, but damn that was a great reveal.
Since I won't be buying this any time soon.. could I get a PM for what exactly is going on, very curious on the story but since I won't grab it till the bargain bin most likely given Wildlands and ME: Andromeda dropping I don't care about spoilers personally.

From what I gather the lady in the crazy helmet is like a God of War type character trying to get the greatest warriors she can for some reason.

A close friend of mine has been raving about it non-stop. Texted me last night that he thinks it's going to be his GOTY. He plays quite literally every single AAA release every year.

What is really surprising to me is the glowing endorsement the story is getting, and that's what is really piquing my interest. At first I thought this would be "Ubisoft" quality open world narrative, but it seems to be considerably better.

A close friend of mine has been raving about it non-stop. Texted me last night that he thinks it's going to be his GOTY. He plays quite literally every single AAA release every year.

What is really surprising to me is the glowing endorsement the story is getting, and that's what is really piquing my interest. At first I thought this would be "Ubisoft" quality open world narrative, but it seems to be considerably better.

It's a really interesting story, paints a very realistic picture of how certain views lead to prejudice and ignorance and how human greed and ambition can spin out of control. Every data point or audio point paints the picture a little more

Since I won't be buying this any time soon.. could I get a PM for what exactly is going on, very curious on the story but since I won't grab it till the bargain bin most likely given Wildlands and ME: Andromeda dropping I don't care about spoilers personally.

From what I gather the lady in the crazy helmet is like a God of War type character trying to get the greatest warriors she can for some reason.

Just saw this, will type something up.

not sure who you meant by crazy helmet lady, but I'm guessing she's probably one of the village priests who actually has a pretty small role.

its fun. When I put the controller down I cant wait to pick it back up the next day... Most games I play whenever but this one has me wanting coming back to finish up the story... I put five hours in today which is pretty rare for me, Usually I play a game for an hour or so here and there while drunk... This game I only play sober because I dont want to forget anything.... Sorry for long reply im drunk now.

This game is fucking great. Surprised how much I love it. Thought it looked alright in the previews but I've been completely hooked. Putting off the final mission and working on getting the platinum trophy for it.

The story is really fantastic. Usually in these type of open world game I get OCD when it comes to side quests and wrap up all of the content before I tackle the main story. By the time I get into the story I'm so over leveled that I just blast through the content and I get bored. Happened in Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout C/NV/4, Witcher 3, etc.

I was expecting the same for this, but the story grabbed me fairly early on and I couldn't get through the story missions fast enough. I completely dropped all of the side content and just focused on the story. I wouldn't say I was "rushing" the missions to beat the game, I just wanted to uncover the rest of the story and lore it was that interesting. Even with very little side content I still clocked in 28 hours.

The game doesn't offer much in replay value, but because I skipped out on so much of the side content, I do plan on a second play through after I finish up a few games and do all of the side stuff.

The story is really fantastic. Usually in these type of open world game I get OCD when it comes to side quests and wrap up all of the content before I tackle the main story. By the time I get into the story I'm so over leveled that I just blast through the content and I get bored. Happened in Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout C/NV/4, Witcher 3, etc.

I was expecting the same for this, but the story grabbed me fairly early on and I couldn't get through the story missions fast enough. I completely dropped all of the side content and just focused on the story. I wouldn't say I was "rushing" the missions to beat the game, I just wanted to uncover the rest of the story and lore it was that interesting. Even with very little side content I still clocked in 28 hours.

The game doesn't offer much in replay value, but because I skipped out on so much of the side content, I do plan on a second play through after I finish up a few games and do all of the side stuff.

That sounds right up my alley. I am completely burned out on "Ubisoft" level open world games and want a story I can sink my teeth in.

Just started it. Combat is really fun.

But I feel like this game is gonna be really short. Like 72 hours short

has anyone got the secret armor? the one where you have to collect 5 power cells

has anyone got the secret armor? the one where you have to collect 5 power cells

Yes and it's OP as f#ck. You can go head long into battle and melee everything in sight and take no damage. The amount of damage it can absorb before the shield drops is pretty incredible.

Yes and it's OP as f#ck. You can go head long into battle and melee everything in sight and take no damage. The amount of damage it can absorb before the shield drops is pretty incredible.
What level were you when you got it ? Seems like it takes forever to find the power cells

What level were you when you got it ? Seems like it takes forever to find the power cells

The last 3 Power Cells are locked in story missions. If you miss them during the mission you can go back, but you won't be able to access the area until you reach that point in the story. The last one isn't available until one of the last missions so I was already around 30+ when I got it, but I hadn't done much side content leading up to that so I'm sure that number would be higher. I finished the game at 37, and got 3 levels after the point of no return.

When I pick it back up to hit up some of the side quests and future DLC it will be nice to have the armor in hand. The last few boss battles drained my armor a ton, so I imagine without the armor I would have had to play a lot more cautiously.

Back