Hook kick knockouts

DoubleAAZ

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any in fighting sports? I don't think I've ever seen one could some one put a video up or give some details.
Kind regards

I believe Thompson knocked out ellenberger with a spinning hook kick. maybe lando vannata on makdessi. might of been a spinning back or wheel kick. I dunno. spinning shit is spinning shit.

Last edited:
Hook kicks and spinning hook kicks are 2 different techniques... If you mean spinning ones, there are lot of examples. If you mean simple hook kicks the only two i can remember in MMA are:

(That was one of the most ugly, awkward technique i have ever seen worked)

In teakwon-do and some karate styles, it's a lot more common:

As for technique, it's kinda like throwing a side kick, but your target is right next to the face... And when your leg is stretched, you hook it using the knee across his face. You also use your hip to add power, moving in the opposite way you would do with a roundhouse, but a lot of times, for a clean technique in demos, it's just the knee doing the job.
You want to impact with the heel.
And most of the time you must step in, before you throw it, it also adds power.

Last edited:
MMA strikers aren't good enough other than the few examples as posted above...

Just because it hasn't been seen in MMA doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Yair will be one of the first to have a SH threat, fighters will need to train to defend.

I believe Shawn Michaels has many finishes with the hook kick.

I knocked down a big dutch kickboxer with a rear leg hook kick to the liver during a full contact spar at the superpro camp a few years ago.

I dont remember his name. But he hade some k1 / glory style fights under his belt.

Never been been able to do it in a real fight tough.

Back