Honest question

So if I went to a church... a Christian church... Then I'd be allowed to go after his religion?

giphy.gif
the opposite is happening in mid east

I would love to see t ferg vs khabib. T ferg is dangerous off his back, dangerous on his fight.
Good fight stylistically for tferg to win
As much as I’d love for Tony to win, people who are good off their backs never prosper against people who are just as good from top.

As much as I’d love for Tony to win, people who are good off their backs never prosper against people who are just as good from top.

Tony also has shown endless cardio thus far in his career. Khabib has shown solid cardio but has slowed down due to how much energy his style uses.

No doubt Khabib likely gets the better of it early. But if he slows vs a cardio machine like Tony? Second half of that fight could be a different story.

I jerk it after getting high before eating

Tony also has shown endless cardio thus far in his career. Khabib has shown solid cardio but has slowed down due to how much energy his style uses.

No doubt Khabib likely gets the better of it early. But if he slows vs a cardio machine like Tony? Second half of that fight could be a different story.
Doubt it. We’ve never seen Khabib burn himself out. We’ve seen him pace himself. But honestly everything aside, I think they have even cardio.

I thought people as stupid as TS only existed in movies...

IF it happens like you asked...

I'd like to see Al with a full camp vs Khabib.
Khabib also didn't have a full camp against Al. He was training for Tony, a lanky striker with bad TDD and opportunistic submisisons

Doubt it. We’ve never seen Khabib burn himself out. We’ve seen him pace himself. But honestly everything aside, I think they have even cardio.

Nah. He slowed noticeably vs Iaquinta. Al also slowed so it didn't matter. He needed round 3 off vs Conor after going so hard for the finish in rd 2. Even vs Barboza he wrecked Edson for 2 rounds and then had a harder time holding Edson down in rd 3 (and that was a ruined Barboza).

Khabib gets tired. He just takes enough out of his opponents early that they are even more tired and not a threat to him as the fight goes on. That's not a knock on him, if anything it's impressive as hell that he can do that. But Tony's cardio has looked to be on another level than anyone Khabib has fought. Maybe another level than anyone period. Mexico City altitude and EVERYONE was slowing down yet he upped his output and pressure in a 5 round fight as it went on.

That's why it will be interesting to see how fresh each guy looks after rd 2. We've seen Khabib tire a bit. We've never seen Tony tire even a little. BUT...while Tony has had high paced fights featuring plenty of grappling, he's never had to deal with an animal like Khabib and his control and gnp.

It's the most fascinating aspect of the fight to me.

Once Khabib defeats T Ferg, Al Laquinta beats Kevin Lee AGAIN, and Conor loses whatever next fight they put him in (and Rouseys his way to the WWE), WHAT SALT WILL YOU THROW AT KHABIB NEXT?

Considering most of you dont go to church any way, going after him for HIS religion makes you a hypocrite. STOP......
1. Using a thread title of "honest question," followed by a post constituted entirely of assumptions presented as facts, is asinine.
2. Conor is obviously too small to do the professional wrestling thing.
3. So only people who go to church can go after him for his religion? How about agnostics? Atheists? Buddhists? I think we need clarification.

Nah. He slowed noticeably vs Iaquinta. Al also slowed so it didn't matter. He needed round 3 off vs Conor after going so hard for the finish in rd 2. Even vs Barboza he wrecked Edson for 2 rounds and then had a harder time holding Edson down in rd 3 (and that was a ruined Barboza).

Khabib gets tired. He just takes enough out of his opponents early that they are even more tired and not a threat to him as the fight goes on. That's not a knock on him, if anything it's impressive as hell that he can do that. But Tony's cardio has looked to be on another level than anyone Khabib has fought. Maybe another level than anyone period. Mexico City altitude and EVERYONE was slowing down yet he upped his output and pressure in a 5 round fight as it went on.

That's why it will be interesting to see how fresh each guy looks after rd 2. We've seen Khabib tire a bit. We've never seen Tony tire even a little. BUT...while Tony has had high paced fights featuring plenty of grappling, he's never had to deal with an animal like Khabib and his control and gnp.

I don't know. Personally, I think both of them can go five rounds without much of an issue. That "tired" Khabib that you're referring to, in my opinion, can keep up with any pace we've seen from Tony. And even if say he's lost that round three, it's only so that he can win four and five, and he's already won one and two. The small degree of stamina that Tony might have over Khabib, I think that's a difference we'd only get to see clearly if fights were longer than five rounds. But who knows really. All of this is hypothetical. I'd love to be proven wrong, because I'm a bigger Tony fan.

Everything you wrote in actually your OPINION. I could flip it around and say we have see T Ferg lose 3 times but Khabib has never lost.

And Conor is going to knock Khabib out......lol.........

1. Using a thread title of "honest question," followed by a post constituted entirely of assumptions presented as facts, is asinine.
2. Conor is obviously too small to do the professional wrestling thing.
3. So only people who go to church can go after him for his religion? How about agnostics? Atheists? Buddhists? I think we need clarification.

Sorry you didnt get any prom queen votes for this........

Everything you wrote in actually your OPINION. I could flip it around and say we have see T Ferg lose 3 times but Khabib has never lost.

And Conor is going to knock Khabib out......lol.........

I mean...you can say it's my opinion but it is all backed up by stats, visuals, etc. I'm not sure what else to say. If you want to argue you've seen it differently that's fine. I will think you are wrong and/or dishonest but that's what a forum is.

I've seen Khabib slow down. I've never seen Tony slow down. BUT the thing is that I also explained it may not be that simple from a cardio standpoint. Maybe Khabib wears Tony down enough where Tony's cardio doesn't look so inhuman.

I feel like I'm being objective here, but seems like you feel the need t defend Khabib.

I don't know. Personally, I think both of them can go five rounds without much of an issue. That "tired" Khabib that you're referring to, in my opinion, can keep up with any pace we've seen from Tony. And even if say he's lost that round three, it's only so that he can win four and five, and he's already won one and two. The small degree of stamina that Tony might have over Khabib, I think that's a difference we'd only get to see clearly if fights were longer than five rounds. But who knows really. All of this is hypothetical. I'd love to be proven wrong, because I'm a bigger Tony fan.

Could be. I'm basing this on what I've seen. There are so many variables that I'm just giving an educated guess. How tough is Khabib's weight cut? How much exactly does Tony make him work early on? How much damage can Khabib inflict early?

Tons of questions and we have no idea as to how they will be answered.

i dont see conor going to wwe, i dont think it would fit his personality, i do see him doing more boxing though

How does one spot if the other is pacing himself. Is it like noticing that he/she's less aggressive and is trying to rest?
To me, yes. The difference between a tired fighter and a fighter that is pacing themselves is the difference between Khabib in the third round of his fight against Conor, and Conor in the second round of his fight against Nate - at least to me.

Back