Honest assessment of Conor's cardio? Who has the best cardio of all time?

Conor’s cardio for his weight is just below average however it is underrated, people think it is absolutely atrocious and it’s not good but not quite that bad, I mean if he didn’t fluffy him self to exhaustion he woul fare far better

I said “letting up” twice. I hate doing that shit because it doesn’t read nicely.

Fuck you, XxanaxX, little bar popping bitch ass.

When I think of good cardio I don't necessarily think of guys I haven't seen tired, but more of the guys who use it as a weapon.

Tony Ferguson
Clay Guida
RDA
Cain
Diaz Bros
GSP

39700561_673825772996799_5557076318199218176_n.png
If Khabib see this he would kill himself with a bomb

His cardio is fine as long as it's against somebody he can control the pace against.

Similar to Jose in a way, if he faces somebody more timid then he will easily go 5 rounds.

Against Frankie and Chad, he was pretty tired. Some people handle fatigue better than others, and Conor doesn't handle it too well. Still, his cardio isn't as bad as people say it is.

And as for best cardio - #1 - EL CUCUY TONY FERG

I agree. Aldo is still elite even when gassed. Conor literally turns his back and runs. His cardio is pretty poor and his understanding of cardio is even worse. He knew he gassed in the first Diaz fight and lost as a result. Still gasses in the second fight and barely won* a razor close decision. He doesn’t appear to ever change anything in his training. The best he looked from a cardio standpoint was surprisingly against Mendes and that was after a monstrous cut and being put on his back multiple times. I think he just does his thing and expects early KOs. If he doesn’t get one, he’s usually hanging on by the skin of his teeth.

In boxing Loma and Usyk and in MMA must be someone who move a lot with legs and punching and kicking a lot... Cain Thompson Gastelum Till Tony Edgar TJ Cruz DJ Cejudo

He went 3 rounds at a good pace against Holloway.

Starts to gas in the Diaz fight then shoots a desperation takedown. Gets choked out round 2.

Makes it the whole 5 in the second Diaz fight, but had to run away for minutes of the fight to catch his breath.

Beats Eddie Round 2, looks to be perfectly fine.

Looks good the first 3-4 rounds in the Floyd fight, but then slowly loses it round by round.

Would you say its safe to Call Conor a 2 round fighter? He nearly stops everyone in the first or second, but if you can get it passed that, you have a good chance catching him.

On a second note, who has the best cardio of all time?

Yes, it is safe to say that......
But is he GOAT is a better question : http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i...e-true-mma-goat.3395243/page-2#post-143930159

Conor problem is his MINDSET more than just stamina, he likes to push the pace and when fighting durable fuckers he respond to everything the oponent throws, at full force and speed... When he starts to get tired, instead of not pressing or countering all the time, he keeps reacting to everything and before he realize he is dead tired! Exciting but not very smart agaisnt durable people;

Bendo had great cardio, so does frankie, and diego dont ever recall seeing them tired.

Mighty Mouse and Cruz can run and bounce around for miles inside the cage without slowing down. Clay Guida has excellent cardio. Cain in the JDS 2 fight going for takedowns for 2 rounds straight was insane.
Finally someone mentioned Clay mother fucking Guida. That dude had cardio for days. The average sherdogger wouldn't be able to do what Clay did on the way to the scale haha. I've never seen so much energy expenditure from any other fighter.

His cardio drops with his confidence.

In other words. If you bully him, he gasses.. Thats what floyd and Nate did.

Problem is that you need good striking to be able to do that..

He went 3 rounds at a good pace against Holloway.

Starts to gas in the Diaz fight then shoots a desperation takedown. Gets choked out round 2.

Makes it the whole 5 in the second Diaz fight, but had to run away for minutes of the fight to catch his breath.

Beats Eddie Round 2, looks to be perfectly fine.

Looks good the first 3-4 rounds in the Floyd fight, but then slowly loses it round by round.

Would you say its safe to Call Conor a 2 round fighter? He nearly stops everyone in the first or second, but if you can get it passed that, you have a good chance catching him.

On a second note, who has the best cardio of all time?
"the best cardio... of all time... You said?"

saku bless.jpg

Khabib and Fergusson

Frankie has all time GOAT cradio, nobody even comes close. The best of them tire if they get hurt and Frankie getting destroyed by Maynard still fucked him up in the later rounds like the fight just started.

Back