home gym flooring solutions

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
so I am in the process of creating a home gym. The only problem that I have is that the area where the gym will be is on dirt. I have some puzzle mats ready to go but I need something to put in between the mats and the dirt. Anyone have any suggestions?

I would say plastic sheet but it might creat condensation and molds will form....

Is there a way for you to build a sub floor ? IMO it would be best to do so. That way, air can flow underneath.

I don't know if there is an easy solution to having a dirt floor. I would consider pouring concrete or something. Otherwise the puzzle pieces will not stay on the ground, I imagine. Is this indoor?

no its outdoor, i created a roof for the area but its still outdoors, concrete etc is expensive, everything is adding up quickly. trying to go a cheap route. I am looking at just purchasing some canvas and laying it over that. There are quite a few videos of thais training on top of dirt, tarps, etc etc.

Finely ground rubber mulch spread out evenly over the dirt covered by canvas? This would make the puzzle mats (which would slide underneath the canvas) unnecessary.

Big rubber mats. Similar to the ones used in horses stall ?

i was looking at that, they actually make horse stall matts with large circles in them for drainage, which would be even better becuase I could easily mop the matts, and it would drain without getting muddy. Unfortunately those mats are expensive.

The good news is i purchased 15 4' x 6' used mats today for $6 a piece!

Back