home alone parents would be incarcerated today

stellarborg

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
On September 21 in Johnston, Iowa, police conducted a welfare check at an apartment they were called to. They found four children eating dinner, but they didn’t find an adult at all. The 12-year-old twins seemed to be caring for six and seven-year-old girls.

They claimed that their mom left on a trip and wouldn’t be back until October 1 -- a full 11 days later.

Police found out that their mother Erin Lee Macke had indeed boarded a plane to head out to Germany to visit her brother and his daughter.

The Johnston Police called her and asked her why she left her children alone. She responded that she couldn’t find anyone to take care of the kids, and she was confident that they could take care of themselves for the 11 days she would be gone.

The police were shocked by her brazen, unaware attitude and ordered her to return home immediately to face the consequences of her actions. She was immediately arrested upon arrival and taken to the Polk County Jail.

v1.bjsyMjM0MTA7ajsxNzUwNzsxMjAwOzMyODs0Mzc

They would have been locked up back then as well. The difference between the two are intention, though. The McCallister's accidentally left Kevin at home. That might make them even worse parents, but atleast they didn't intentionally leave him there.

If they could afford a flight to Germany, they could afford a sitter.

Had they been attending some emergency or been at work, it would be a different story.

Hell, when I was 12 years old I had a full time job and 3 kids.

11 days does seem like a long time to leave two 12 year old kids in charge of six and seven year old kids but it does depend on the community they live in. If its a more close knit community I could see the kids taking care of themselves by relying on neighbors if need be.

11 days? The hell's wrong with these parents? During the day or overnight? Sure, why not. A week + is pretty ridiculous.

11 days does seem like a long time to leave two 12 year old kids in charge of six and seven year old kids but it does depend on the community they live in. If its a more close knit community I could see the kids taking care of themselves by relying on neighbors if need be.

Assuming nothing goes wrong while you're gone. But if there were a break in, a fire, a medical emergency, then there should be a parent (edit: adult) there. My parents left me alone all of the time, for long periods of time, and it was a really stupid thing for them to do.

How long would the parents in "don't tell mom the babysitters dead" get?

11 days? The hell's wrong with these parents? During the day or overnight? Sure, why not. A week + is pretty ridiculous.
It's not parents, it's single mom. There's no link, but a single mom with 4 kids living in an apartment and she dips out and leaves them alone for almost 2 weeks sounds like the type of chick who has kids with multiple dads.

It's not parents, it's single mom. There's no link, but a single mom with 4 kids living in an apartment and she dips out and leaves them alone for almost 2 weeks sounds like the type of chick who has kids with multiple dads.
Probably multiple dads, yeah. Multiple dads who either don't keep in touch with their kids, or are cool with leaving them alone for days at a time.

welfare as in government assistance?

How did she afford the trip?

This guy turned out fine

GTY_macaulay_culkin_jef_151113_16x9_608.jpg

If home alone was real the burglars would've raped then killed Kevin.

But that doesn't make for a good movie

If home alone was real the burglars would've raped then killed Kevin.

But that doesn't make for a good movie

you dont think a smart fifth grader couldnt smoke a few losers trying to break in ? Im pretty sure ive seen that story on the news a time or 2.

I mean, you're not wrong, it's just....stop ruining my childhood, asshole!

I love home alone as well.

If you want me to be really honest that guy who played Santa Claus would've prob molested Kevin. That seems more real life than anything else. Some creep preying on kids

Back