Holy thread pollution! I'll add another. ***NOT A ROBBERY***

People thought they were going to get "justice" for the first fight, then were in shock when Canelo brought it straight to GGG and made him fight off the back foot mostly limiting his offense to jabs. GGG rallied late but he gave away too many rounds moving away and not power punching or throwing combos. Canelo, especially after the cancellation earlier this year was viewed as a cowardly cheater about to get his comeuppance from the mighty heroic GGG.

This isn't a Rocky movie, we don't always get the results we want.

Close fight, excellent fight but GGG lost, all the complaining in the world won't change the result unless Canelo pissed hot after the fight. You guys want to put an asterisk next to this win, by all means do so...it won't change anything anymore than the one I put by Cejudo/M.Mouse.

This was truly a great sequal. Had GGG sweeping the last 4 rnds and giving him the W by 1.

yea, banning anyone calling it a robbery would greatly help sherdog as a whole. Not just in this subforum. Would show the trolls and assclowns who don't know shit about anything, but act like they do... but they don't.

This was fight of the year thus far IMO, and an all time classic.
Oh trust me, I wish it were that simple.

You know if GGG hit Canelo with some combinations that stopped him in his tracks and virtually absorbing the whole combo earlier in the fight like he did a couple times later in the fight, it might have turned out way differently. He needed to get off like that more and he didn't.

You could argue the first bout I think, but this was very close and 115-113 X 2 and 114-114 is totally acceptable and even the same scores in favor of GGG would have been. It was close. Great fight, no scoring issues. Jesus.

Knock the robbery shit off. It almost screams I DKSAB.

I guess 51 press members and 1,800 fans DKSAB? But PHATV does?

people get shit wrong. Anybody seeing it 116-112 has no opinion worth listening to. Whoever won, got it 115-113.. it looks like a good chunk had it a draw, which it was really feeling like it could be around the 9th.

people get shit wrong. Anybody seeing it 116-112 has no opinion worth listening to. Whoever won, got it 115-113.. it looks like a good chunk had it a draw, which it was really feeling like it could be around the 9th.
At best for either guy is by a point imo.

One of the most even incredible fights I can recall.

yea, banning anyone calling it a robbery would greatly help sherdog as a whole. Not just in this subforum. Would show the trolls and assclowns who don't know shit about anything, but act like they do... but they don't.

This was fight of the year thus far IMO, and an all time classic.
Meh, I'm not on board with banning but maybe we need some rule here about people spamming the forum with threads about what big boxing fans they are except not anymore because their guy lost.

Close fight.

Could have gone either way (or a draw).

No controversy.

No robbery.

dumbass said 6 rounds to 5. It is a 12 round fight. Don't listen to this asshole. He said it multiple times.

He clearly added "with the 6th being even" every time he said it. Nothing wrong with this score.

I don't think the problem is so much the score, it's just Canelo getting the benefit of the doubt in the closer rounds every time he fights. If the fight went exactly the same but the fighters' roles were reversed it would have undoubtedly resulted in an even wider Canelo win. Golvkin will always have to do a little bit more every time they fight to get the decision, and for two fighters that are so evenly matched, and with time only favoring Canelo it's probably not possible anymore unless another rematch happens within a year.

This gets old. The hollow complaints reak of butt hurt mma fans attempting to bellittle anything that upstages “real fighting “.
lol pretty much all these new boxing fans with high-level judging criteria

Do you just look for shit to argue about?
I guess there must be some miscommunication. I took that to mean the widest acceptable score was 115/113. I'm not sure what you meant I guess.

Back