Holy Sh*t! Flyweight Is CRAZY Good Right Now

You guys need to calm the fuck down and let things play out a bit. You over hype prospects and jump the gun on divisions.

Flyweight will be good soon but not quite yet.

Id rather watch the women fight ANY day over the fucking flyweights.

There are currently only two women in the FW division, Cyborg and Holly. Evinger is really a BW and Megan hasn't even fought in the UFC yet, so she doesn't count either.

Holly's last fight was at BW and it hasn't been confirmed that she's going back to FW. So technically, there's only one active fighter in the entire division and that's Cyborg herself. A literal division of 1. That's a first.

All Flyweight fights from Pettis v. Moreno to Swanson v. Lobov:
Morales v. Sanchez = Finish
Ortiz v. Sandoval = Finish

Pettis v. Moreno = Dec
Brooks v. Shelton = Dec

Pantoja v. Seery = Finish
Sasaki v. Scoggins = Finish

Moraga v. Mokhtarian = Dec
Nguyen v. Elliot = Finish
Figueiredo v. Beltran = Finish
Sandoval v. Schnell = Finish
Moreno v. Ortiz = Finish

We're seeing a lot more finishes lately in the Flyweight division. I think Flyweight is slowly becoming my favorite division.
Mighty Duck Johnson, is that you?

Id rather watch the women fight ANY day over the fucking flyweights.

That's a contradiction. Your main complaint was that the Flyweights go to Dec a lot. Well, so do the women. If your answer is 'well, at least I get to look at women', that doesn't make sense either, since you can find much better looking women elsewhere.

finishes dont equal good fights neccesarily some of them were ok but some of them were soso at best. and most of the greatest fights in history were decisions not finishes because if every fight is a finish that just means there are some crazy mismatches going on ... finishes can defintley happen in matches were skill is close but they are much more common in the aforementioned situation. i know this is an unpopular opinion but i dont think anyone though jones vs gus was bad and i know no one enjoyed mir vs cro cop which ended in a ko. i will say it again a finish does not mean anything other than the fight didnt go to the judges has nothing to do with quality

daily coolidge thread about FLW

All Flyweight fights from Pettis v. Moreno to Swanson v. Lobov:
Morales v. Sanchez = Finish
Ortiz v. Sandoval = Finish

Pettis v. Moreno = Dec
Brooks v. Shelton = Dec

Pantoja v. Seery = Finish
Sasaki v. Scoggins = Finish

Moraga v. Mokhtarian = Dec
Nguyen v. Elliot = Finish
Figueiredo v. Beltran = Finish
Sandoval v. Schnell = Finish
Moreno v. Ortiz = Finish

We're seeing a lot more finishes lately in the Flyweight division. I think Flyweight is slowly becoming my favorite division.
Having more finishes is good, but how you deal with the main problem ? Midgets jumping all around the cage ? They have the perfect body types for other sports, why don't they just stick to that ?
Dwarf-Tossing.jpg

Having more finishes will increase the popularity of the division to some extent but not having any interesting fights to make whatsoever still hurts it. I watch all fights but the FlW fights rarely seem interesting, mostly a bunch of somewhat talented fighters fighting for being in the top 15.

Having more finishes is good, but how you deal with the main problem ? Midgets jumping all around the cage ? They have the perfect body types for other sports, why don't they just stick to that ?

And here I thought the main problem was big guys plodding through the cage!

Bantamweight is better

Flyweight needs a Cody Garbrandt

I agree. The new up and coming talent at FLW is interesting, Demetrious is definitely not running out opponents.

Sergio Pettis (16-2)
Ray Borg (11-2)
Brandon Moreno (14-4)
Ben Nguyen (16-6)
Louis Smolka (11-4)
Alexandre Pantoja (18-2)
Magomed Bibulatov (14-0)
Joseph Morales (9-0)

I'm looking forward to see how this plays out.

Last edited:
But cub and artem are featherweights...

Also fuck flyweight

I enjoy watching Fly Weight fights. I don't care about their size. They make up for it in technique and speed. I just wish someone was close to Mighty Mouse level so we could have competitive title fights.

Some Things that are better than watching 2 flyweights fight:
- taking a shit
- a stroll on a warm summer's day
- slipping into some freshly pressed sheets
- sleeping
- cleaning the toilet
- being stung by a bee
- arguing with idiots on sherdog
- reruns of the golden girls
- womens gymnastics
- falling down a flight of stairs

Some Things that are better than watching 2 flyweights fight:
- taking a shit
- a stroll on a warm summer's day
- slipping into some freshly pressed sheets
- sleeping
- cleaning the toilet
- being stung by a bee
- arguing with idiots on sherdog
- reruns of the golden girls
- womens gymnastics
- falling down a flight of stairs

I love the Golden Girls. Thank you for being a friend. Travel down the road and back again. Your heart is true. You're a pal and a confident. Thank you for being a friend. And if you a threw a party, invited everyone you knew, and you would see, the biggest gift would be from me, and the card attached would say, 'thank you for being a friend'. That was from memory and I can't guarantee it's completely accurate.

Flyweight is starting to pick up imo. They've got some interesting prospects and fun fights, just a lame champ.

Back