Holy hell, Andre The Giant would have insane KO power

I would add mass as part of the power equation, that's one enormous fist and if he steps into it...

Yeah, power isn't strength x speed, it's speed x mass. Of course how much of your mass you can deliver in a punch depends on your technique as well. But Andre would never have made the HW limit.

I wonder if having huge hand is really conductive to having great power? If you could deliver the same mass with a smaller hand (it's not the weight of the hand that does the damage, after all), you would have a far more focused area of impact and thus deliver a higher amount of damage to that area (just like an arrow is more lethal than a stone even if both travel with the same velocity).

Love Andre. Truly one of the most fascinating athletes of all time. He was larger than life. His drinking, eating and romps with women was legendary. He was famous all over the world. He had a great personality. Princess Bride is a classic, he was awesome in that.

Sooo many wrestlers have come out and said that he was insanely strong and basically could do whatever he wanted to them in the ring.

Some joker mentioned the Big Show, LOL...please...there's only one true GIANT

andre-716757.jpg

2942940833_e7184bce52_o.jpg

Andre7_original.jpg

Andre had a lot of issues, no doubt about that...

But take him in his prime, train him to punch (Instead of training him pro wrestling), and he'd be one scary motherfucker.

Making Prime Arnold look small.

OlSMHmDIaqjn99c7VcLXpxIwo1_1280.jpg

Image Wilt's knockout power. Arnold said Wilt used to left more than all the lifter at Golds Gym. He was Benching 500lbs with his long arms, and that was when he just picked up weight lifting. That is a true "A Level Athlete" that Sherdog should really be Obsessed with

Being big does not mean can fight worth a damn. Here is the mountain fighting, and he fucking sucks.

Making Prime Arnold look small.

OlSMHmDIaqjn99c7VcLXpxIwo1_1280.jpg

He does make arnold look small but thats not prime arnold. He would also make prime arnold look small. Theres a story about when andre took arnold and wilt out to dinner. Wilt was also very strong so he and andre were trying to see who could pick arnold up easier.

Yeah, power isn't strength x speed, it's strength x mass. Of course how much of your mass you can deliver in a punch depends on your technique as well. But Andre would never have made the HW limit.

force is mass x acceleration brah

I wonder if having huge hand is really conductive to having great power? If you could deliver the same mass with a smaller hand (it's not the weight of the hand that does the damage, after all), you would have a far more focused area of impact and thus deliver a higher amount of damage to that area (just like an arrow is more lethal than a stone even if both travel with the same velocity).

Yes because a hand can totally be shaped like an arrow.

I can tell you from my own family members who saw Andre literally smack around 5 local tuffs at once in a bar fight in N.Y who were harassing him in the early 80's with open hands wind mills arm swings, I heard they went flying every where....anyone that size hits plenty hard and on top of being a former wrestler/pro wreslter himself ,he was more than just a gigantic guy who did nothing, he was active and was used to constantly picking /throwing and using arm motions.

Those who think a 7'4 500 pounder will not hit hard ,need to rethink things over! His Slaps would feel like bowling ball coming down on your head,slow or not.

Image Wilt's knockout power. Arnold said Wilt used to left more than all the lifter at Golds Gym. He was Benching 500lbs with his long arms, and that was when he just picked up weight lifting. That is a true "A Level Athlete" that Sherdog should really be Obsessed with

I dont know about Wilt, but Kermit Washington nearly killed Rudy Tomjanovich with one punch.

tumblr_lygv26QeIi1qcmnsoo1_r1_400.png

Except a punch isn't a piercing blow, it's more like a mallet. The bigger the hand and bone structure the harder the punch will be.

It is said that Manny Pacquiao has close to 8in wrists.

He would be so slow , he would lack snap in his punches lol

Except a punch isn't a piercing blow, it's more like a mallet. The bigger the hand and bone structure the harder the punch will be.

It is said that Manny Pacquiao has close to 8in wrists.

Doesn't have to be piercing as far as I can make out. A big hand will spread the impact over a larger area while a smaller hand swung with the same force and speed would deliver a higher degree of impact to a smaller area - which would conceivably give more knockout power.

Now this is only theory, of course, but it is something to consider. There are probably a lot of other advantages to having big hands (grappeling, durability etc.).

Back