holly holm makes ufc an offer

Not even a good example. These folks competed in TUF...a televised "tournament" in order to get to a final fight, televised on television, and if they won that fight, they got a 6 figure contract. If they lost...nothing. Holly goes to a video and says she will fight in the UFC for a 6 figure contract and a possible title shot against Rousey. That is a lot different than competing against 16 other people for a 6 figure contract.

Plus, who really knew how good or bad the guys you listed would do in the UFC? Did you? All I know is they won their TUF season, and they got a 6 figure contract, so they earned what they got.

And yes, I too would love to see Holly in the UFC. I think she would to well.

You are missing the point that 100k is nothing to the UFC for a talent like Holm. They just gave Ryan Benoit over 100k for ONE fight at the TUF 18 finale. I think that there are two females at least outside of the UFC that their accomplishments mean more than winning the TUF tournament, Holly and Cyborg. I think a 6 figure contract for either one of them should be a no brainer. Now whether they will give HH it or not is another story. I completely agree that it was incredibly stupid to publicize it.

The bottom line is determining if she's worth six figures over three fights. It looks like fighters like Kedzie and Randamie were on $9k/$9k for their first fight. I don't think six figures is really that outlandish for a three fight deal for her.

Alexis Davis got 6k to show versus Liz Carmouche. She's finished Baszler, Akano, Nunes, Evinger (twice), beat Kedzie, and fought in the 2012 women's FOTY and is now 2-0 in the UFC and ranked #3.

Holm has beat up 6 cans with losing records and fights in events put on by her own manager.

UFC wants her.
She knows how to negotiate.
Everytime she fights, her stock moves up considerably.
She will get a very good UFC deal, sooner or later.

Unless she means 6 figures broken down over several fights like the TUF winner then just lol

Alexis Davis got 6k to show versus Liz Carmouche. She's finished Baszler, Akano, Nunes, Evinger (twice), beat Kedzie, and fought in the 2012 women's FOTY and is now 2-0 in the UFC and ranked #3.

Holm has beat up 6 cans with losing records and fights in events put on by her own manager.

And your point? Alexis should use that when she negotiates her contract. The fact is that Holm brings interest which brings revenue which affords her a higher pay. Don't get this twisted - I think Rousey thrashes her quick if they fought. I'm also not convinced Holm would be able to work her way up to the title shot. That doesn't change the fact that there is intrigue with her.

Not mowing down opponents? 6-0 with 5 KO/tKO finishes isn't mowing down? That was her only fight that she didn't finish. And she also finished Finney faster than Tate. How is any of that relevant? MMAth doesn't work, and you can't fault her for one decision.

Ok I'll admit I didn't do my research but most of her opponents were cans with losing records.
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Holly-Holm-75125
And based on her last fight, she's actually getting worse?

Her boxing accolades are great but so were Rackozy's, and she got mounted and dominated by Pena who has NO grappling credentials.

James-Toney-118.jpg

At least people knew who James Toney was. And the guy knew how to sell himself to people that didn't know him.

I'd love to see Holm in the UFC, but she is in no position to demand a specific pay bracket. She needs to get a standard UFC contract and some legit UFC wins first before I'd consider her martketable. It's business sense as well as common sense.

Jesus people, think about the marketing potential of this fight. Some of you guys get it pretty clearly; others woefully don't.

THE best striker in WMMA, an ultra-aggressive knockout artist, and one of the most accomplished female boxers of all time versus THE best grappler in WMMA, a relentless arm-collector, and one of the most accomplished American female judoka of all time. UFC brass would presumably acquire the rights to dozens of hours of footage from which they could make Holm look like the preeminent striker in all of mixed martial arts--boys and girls (hell, she honestly might be, as far as skill and credentials go).

Rousey is A-list popular and Holm would definitely captivate casual fans with a few pre-fight hype videos, press conferences, etc. This is a huge-money match and would easily out-sell any of the other matches on the horizon for Rousey, even a showdown with Cyborg (who, despite her talent and obvious skill, is not, to my knowledge, a fan favorite).

Want WMMA to become a household norm? This is the match to make.

You are missing the point that 100k is nothing to the UFC for a talent like Holm. They just gave Ryan Benoit over 100k for ONE fight at the TUF 18 finale. I think that there are two females at least outside of the UFC that their accomplishments mean more than winning the TUF tournament, Holly and Cyborg. I think a 6 figure contract for either one of them should be a no brainer. Now whether they will give HH it or not is another story. I completely agree that it was incredibly stupid to publicize it.

Erm your forgetting to mention Ryan earned that bonus by being in the FOTN and taking a percentage of his opponents salary, that didn't make weight. He wasn't offered 100k.
Holly hasn't earned nothing by beating a bunch of cans. She isn't even hyping herself like Conor, Ronda or Chael. At least if she had some kind of martketable angle beyond her looks, you could promise a return on investment. For a 100k, UFC could promote another 10 equally talented female fighters from Invicta. Why would they gamble it on one unproven fighter making diva demands. You think they want to deal with another Tito?
I'm not even blaming her. I'm willing to bet her manager is the real diva in all this.
Just keep fighting and winning and the UFC will eventually come to you.

And to the detractors who insist that the matchup is bullshit because Holm would likely get steamrolled by an apex-grappler, all the more reason to make this happen right now. Mystique and intrigue are rare, fleeting commodities. Strike. While. The. Iron. Is. Hot. </marketing hat>

She isnt gonna get 6 figures a fight and def not getting a title shot right away.

Plus lets face it Ronda would beat her by taking her down and subbing her.

Take 25/25 and win KOTN but no title shot before whats her face that beat Tate

Wow that seems a bit much, all they need to do is give her a counter off & then set up her first match "as a warm up" to RR with Sarah McMann.

Watch Winklejohn etc get humbled quickly.

Six figues ha ha she makes like four a fight now.gtfo Holly your on crack.

Six figues ha ha she makes like four a fight now.gtfo Holly your on crack.

It's more her management/coaches than her if that is the scenario.

If what you're saying is true, then she'll be down for anything just to get some fights.

She's worth it. I also think she's as marketable as Ronda so Dana shouldn't be worried that she knocks her out. Which she will do.

Considering the fact that a female boxing match in norway got over 400k views, in a land where pro boxing is outlawed. I think some people here are delusional about markets in tv.

btw.. Only 5 million inhabitants here.

100k is pennies to sign a fighter like her. Even if she loses 3 straight fights

On the plus side, the UFC marketing machine can have a field day with her, she is definitely hotter than meisha tate.

parameter

even post fight she doesn't seem too bad on the eyes either (I know, I googled for these images! I stand by my words though)

1364119138947_315.jpg

Back