holly holm makes ufc an offer

10 fight deal @ 10k per fight. I see nothing wrong with that :)

I think Holy Holm is awesome but it's these kind of dumb manager requests that will end up fucking up her career much like the did for Brandon Vera early in his career.

I would suggest she starts talking a lot of shit on twitter to generate hype.
Use that hype to get a fight with Cyborg.
Dominate Cyborg.

Then she can use her new found fame to negotiate a deal with the UFC. I want to see her cross over to the UFC, but these arrogant "my way or the high way" tactics will not work. She's not Fedor.

And why did they get those contracts? Because they were part of a television series. They worked for the UFC for months, essentially, as part of a contest trying to get that. You act like they're in the same position as Holly: nobodies from other orgs who just asked for it. That's not what happened with these guys at all. They won a competition, and put on multiple fights on TV (for the UFC already) to get that contract.

All of those guys were on that show either because no one had ever heard of them, or they were old pros in their twilight. If you ask any real MMA fan to name 5 women they would want in the UFCs womens Bantam division, HH will be at or near the top. If not, then don't bother asking said fan any more questions.

You're entire point is only validated by hindsight, and therefore it is not a point at all.

My entire point is that a 6 figure contract is NOTHING for the UFC. That point is valid, and confirmed. They are taking a risk with TUF winners turning belly up. There is no reason they couldn't accomidate the same risk with HH

All of those guys were on that show either because no one had ever heard of them, or they were old pros in their twilight. If you ask any real MMA fan to name 5 women they would want in the UFCs womens Bantam division, HH will be at or near the top. If not, then don't bother asking said fan any more questions.

Let Holly go through TUF, win all her fights, win a fight on live TV for the UFC at the finale, and then give her the 6-figure contract. Then you can compare her to Sadollah, Brookins, etc.

Exactly. Her manager says of course she should have some fights leading up to a shot to familiarize UFC fans with her and who she is. No where did he say they want a single, six figure title fight out of the gate.

Thanks for the post man - really clears it up. I agree with you - a six figure contract could be structured pretty easily over a three fight deal with her being worth it. Something like 12k/12k for the first fight, 16k/16k for the second, and 22k/22k for the third. The title shot (if earned) is really a moot point as that applies to anyone really. I don't think that type of structure is unreasonable.

i don't think holm's manager is being unreasonable. i believe i read a while back to holm turned down a $250K or so boxing match to keep training and fighting in MMA.

she's accomplished a lot in boxing and has started her MMA career off in great fashion. i think she needs a few more wins in regional shows and then she needs maybe two wins in Invicta and then she'll get her six figure contract with the UFC.

she just needs to keep developing her skills and keep working on her takedown defense and ground defense. she is a very talented fighter. I've enjoyed watching her last few fights.

Thanks for the post man - really clears it up. I agree with you - a six figure contract could be structured pretty easily over a three fight deal with her being worth it. Something like 12k/12k for the first fight, 16k/16k for the second, and 22k/22k for the third. The title shot (if earned) is really a moot point as that applies to anyone really. I don't think that type of structure is unreasonable.

doesn't the tuf winner get 3 fight 6 figure contract? didn't tuf just do female 135er?

doesn't it seem like holly could have just did tuf (but was afraid to lose i would bet)

My entire point is that a 6 figure contract is NOTHING for the UFC. That point is valid, and confirmed. They are taking a risk with TUF winners turning belly up. There is no reason they couldn't accomidate the same risk with HH

rich people dont get rich by flushing money down the toilet

Let Holly go through TUF, win all her fights, win a fight on live TV for the UFC at the finale, and then give her the 6-figure contract. Then you can compare her to Sadollah, Brookins, etc.

Yes, let my goal to be comparing a woman that is an 18 time world champion in boxing to Sadollah and Brookins. Sounds like a plan.

I'm assuming you would send Cyborg through TUF also, right?

rich people dont get rich by flushing money down the toilet

James-Toney-118.jpg

doesn't the tuf winner get 3 fight 6 figure contract? didn't tuf just do female 135er?

doesn't it seem like holly could have just did tuf (but was afraid to lose i would bet)

Not everyone wants to commit to doing TUF, nor do I think she should have to either. I don't know the details - she may have been under contract somewhere, family shit, or she maybe thought she was above it. Who knows.

The bottom line is determining if she's worth six figures over three fights. It looks like fighters like Kedzie and Randamie were on $9k/$9k for their first fight. I don't think six figures is really that outlandish for a three fight deal for her.

But the TUF guys are instantly known and marketbale because of the exposure on the show.

The sad reality is, Juluanna Pena would sell more tickets than Holly Holm at this point due to her TUF fanbase.

Holm is a great talent, but she isn't exactly mowing down opponelts like Ronda or Cyborg did. She just went the distance with girl that had a losing record. :rolleyes:

Finally, someone being logical. This is all I was saying. People come in and bash Holm and her management without even watching the video. They had Rousey fight Liz Carmouche, for God's sake, coming off a blistering 2 fight win streak.

10k 10 fight deal. Fights instantly for a TUF title. Its all in the details.

You guys in here with this "she isn't worth a 6 figure contract" business is a little confusing. Let me give you some names that got a 6 figure contract in the UFC....

Travis Lutter (0-2 since that contract in the UFC)
Matt Danzig (4-7 since that contract in the UFC)
Amir Sadollah (5-4 since that contract in the UFC)
Efrain Escudero (2-4 since that contract in the UFC)
James Wilks (1-2 since that contract in the UFC)
Jonathan Brookins (1-3 since that contract in the UFC)

If you tell me, as an MMA fan, that you would rather give ANY of those guys listed a 6 figure contract over Holly Holm, then you are a special kind of special. All they asked for is a 6 figure CONTRACT (not six figure fight), and eventual title shot (if earned). I think it's more than reasonable, and would love to see Holly in the division.

Not even a good example. These folks competed in TUF...a televised "tournament" in order to get to a final fight, televised on television, and if they won that fight, they got a 6 figure contract. If they lost...nothing. Holly goes to a video and says she will fight in the UFC for a 6 figure contract and a possible title shot against Rousey. That is a lot different than competing against 16 other people for a 6 figure contract.

Plus, who really knew how good or bad the guys you listed would do in the UFC? Did you? All I know is they won their TUF season, and they got a 6 figure contract, so they earned what they got.

And yes, I too would love to see Holly in the UFC. I think she would to well.

Holm is a great talent, but she isn't exactly mowing down opponelts like Ronda or Cyborg did. She just went the distance with girl that had a losing record. :rolleyes:

Not mowing down opponents? 6-0 with 5 KO/tKO finishes isn't mowing down? That was her only fight that she didn't finish. And she also finished Finney faster than Tate. How is any of that relevant? MMAth doesn't work, and you can't fault her for one decision.

You guys in here with this "she isn't worth a 6 figure contract" business is a little confusing. Let me give you some names that got a 6 figure contract in the UFC....

Travis Lutter (0-2 since that contract in the UFC)
Matt Danzig (4-7 since that contract in the UFC)
Amir Sadollah (5-4 since that contract in the UFC)
Efrain Escudero (2-4 since that contract in the UFC)
James Wilks (1-2 since that contract in the UFC)
Jonathan Brookins (1-3 since that contract in the UFC)

If you tell me, as an MMA fan, that you would rather give ANY of those guys listed a 6 figure contract over Holly Holm, then you are a special kind of special. All they asked for is a 6 figure CONTRACT (not six figure fight), and eventual title shot (if earned). I think it's more than reasonable, and would love to see Holly in the division.

The TUF contract is a 9 fight six figure contract. If you win all 9 fights it's worth about 300k. It also only guarantees you 3 fights after which UFC can cut you if you aren't performing like Efrain.

Holly is 6-0 against hand picked nobodies. I don't Find her boxing credentials any more impressive than TUF finalist Jessica Rakoczy's.

Back