holly holm makes ufc an offer

Dana when presented with a list of her demands:

5br09.gif

I bet they forward her offer here right away

filepicker%2FVZP9sw8QnCzxwvQJF75w_paper_bin.jpg

Next to Askren's lol

But Holm is entertaining and Dana called her te new Conor McGregor. Not a 6 figure and titleshot but they will for sure make a good offer

She's certainly not getting six figure, but her manager is a genius.
Pretty lady boxer....Why not?

It makes for perfect hype fodder. She'll have to get at least halfway decent money though, to pay for the inevitable surgery on her arm.

Last edited:
Holm is infinitely more credible as an up-jumped title contender than someone like Brock Lesnar. Dude was a decade removed from a quasi-combat sport and 1-1 in the UFC (with the win coming by way of decision against Heath "Who The Fuck Is This Guy?" Herring), and he was given a title shot because the UFC realized he was uber-marketable thanks to the unfortunate cross-pollination between MMA and pro wrasslin,' not because he'd demonstrated his worth in the crucible of actual fighting.

You guys talk about deserving a title shot like it has anything to do with matchmaking. The two sometimes coincide, and you get obvious fan-friendly/ranking-logical matchups like JDS-Cain; but if you think money and marketability aren't the primary motivators, you're fooling yourselves.

Holm is extremely marketable and has the credentials, semi-cutesy farm girl looks, and highlight-reel KOs to get people excited about this fight.

This. If you ask me she's worth SIGNIFICANTLY worth more that 6 figures considering what she brings to the table. Shit, TUF guys are making this much and most of them have sucked these past few seasons, are nowhere near as seasoned, or both.

She probably makes like 5k/5k now, pretty strange position to be in to make demands.

She's crazy. She has to come earn her stripes like everyone else.

Yeah, it's actually pretty amazing how well she's been able to add kicks to her game. She's gotta be the best striker in WMMA at the moment; what she lacks in Cyborgian retard strength and steroid aggression she more than makes up for in timing, precision, variety, and ring generalship, IMO.

Definitely doesn't have the Cyborg power, but everything else you say is spot on. Not to mention, a really good gas tank from what I have seen. She pretty much keeps a high pace during her fights, at least the few I have seen.

You guys in here with this "she isn't worth a 6 figure contract" business is a little confusing. Let me give you some names that got a 6 figure contract in the UFC....

Travis Lutter (0-2 since that contract in the UFC)
Matt Danzig (4-7 since that contract in the UFC)
Amir Sadollah (5-4 since that contract in the UFC)
Efrain Escudero (2-4 since that contract in the UFC)
James Wilks (1-2 since that contract in the UFC)
Jonathan Brookins (1-3 since that contract in the UFC)

If you tell me, as an MMA fan, that you would rather give ANY of those guys listed a 6 figure contract over Holly Holm, then you are a special kind of special. All they asked for is a 6 figure CONTRACT (not six figure fight), and eventual title shot (if earned). I think it's more than reasonable, and would love to see Holly in the division.

You guys in here with this "she isn't worth a 6 figure contract" business is a little confusing. Let me give you some names that got a 6 figure contract in the UFC....

If you tell me, as an MMA fan, that you would rather give ANY of those guys listed a 6 figure contract over Holly Holm, then you are a special kind of special. All they asked for is a 6 figure CONTRACT (not six figure fight), and eventual title shot (if earned). I think it's more than reasonable, and would love to see Holly in the division.

You're entire point is only validated by hindsight, and therefore it is not a point at all.

Great. Now when Dana doesn't immediately jump on this ridiculous grandstand offer, Holly Holm will become the next killer the UFC is protecting Ronda from. Though, she'd hopefully replace Cyborg in that role, so at least it's a step up.

I can't watch video at work, but is this really what they said? An "eventual title shot against Rousey (if earned)" is a completely moot point as that would apply to the signing of any fighter. A six figure contract is completely different like you said. The title/op makes it appear that she wants an immediate title shot for six figures.

I think Holm is very talented, and can go far, but I don't think she deserves that much. Doubt she even got that much 6 boxing matches into her pro career.
Offered even more she downed alot of money to pursue MMA full time.

And why did they get those contracts? Because they were part of a television series. They worked for the UFC for months, essentially, as part of a contest trying to get that. You act like they're in the same position as Holly: nobodies from other orgs who just asked for it. That's not what happened with these guys at all. They won a competition, and put on multiple fights on TV (for the UFC already) to get that contract.

I can't watch video at work, but is this really what they said? An "eventual title shot against Rousey (if earned)" is a completely moot point as that would apply to the signing of any fighter. A six figure contract is completely different like you said. The title/op makes it appear that she wants an immediate title shot for six figures.

Exactly. Her manager says of course she should have some fights leading up to a shot to familiarize UFC fans with her and who she is. No where did he say they want a single, six figure title fight out of the gate.

Back