holly holm makes ufc an offer

16HolmHendersonCorner.jpg

I can picture Holm and RR doing a little 'grappling'

I can see myself grappling with that ring girl.

Ain't gonna happen. Holly is not Nick Diaz.

Now that the UFC had established a clear path for BW contendership after all those 135 vs. 125 exhibitions, she will get in line, albeit not all the way back of the line (Tate was an exception and got moved up simply because they needed the rivalry to boost TUF 18 viewership).

I'd say a shockingly-quick first-round KO over a Top 10 opponent followed by total domination over a quality Top 5 will expedite the process, but in all likelyhood, Holly's first two fights in the UFC will go the distance and ends in Decisions.

And she's sure as hell not getting six-figured doing that.

I bet they forward her offer here right away

filepicker%2FVZP9sw8QnCzxwvQJF75w_paper_bin.jpg

It's only an offer, it can be changed or refused.

No guarantee of a title fight, anyone except Sonnen has to earn it.

She's very talented. If you don't know about her you should check into it, and don't knock her until you do.

6 figures is very vague, over 6 fights it's around 16k per fight. For someone with her ability it's not that much.

Dana knows who she is and wants her, even if Shertards don't.

I would not be so quick to rule this out and Dana would market the crap out of it. Ronda would roll over Holly but unfortunately this fight will not happen because it would set the bar higher "money wise" for Ronda and everyone else in the division. Holly is likely putting this out there to say "Dana is protecting Ronda from me that's why he does not want to pay me!".

I'd say a shockingly-quick first-round KO over a Top 10 opponent followed by total domination over a quality Top 5 will expedite the process,

Sure it would, but Coach Wink and her manager seem to refuse to put her in there with anyone who poses any danger at all until they cash the big check. Asking for an immediate title shot in the UFC supports that.

How much is she currently being paid to fight?

I'd much rather see Cecilia Braekhus

Would she be able to keep a fight with Ronda standing? That is the million dollar question.

There is absolutely nothing that tells me Holm could make this a good fight with Rousey a this point in Holm's career. She's not finishing opponents until the 2nd and 3rd round. These are opponents who others have taken out much quicker. Good luck avoiding being on the ground with Rousey within the first 2 minutes, let alone the entire first round.

At this point, the biggest threat to Rousey is someone like Cyborg who has big KO power. Besides that, McMann is intriguing. I don't think Holm would last close to as long as Tate or Carmouche. Outlandish offer by Holm.

People are looking at this all wrong. It's not a matter of whether Holm is a legitimate threat to Rousey. What matters is whether she can be marketed as such. The matchup is oozing with intrigue. Holm is one of women's boxing's all-time talents, and she sports an undefeated MMA record. It would a take colossal marketing fuck-up to botch the return on this investment.

Dana White doesn't play that shit. You would think people would learn from Fedor. It's even worse that she made it public. Dana's ego alone will prevent this chick from fighting in the UFC under her own terms.

Holly Holm is one of the most famous and accomplished female boxers of all time. Go google your name before you embarrass yourself further.

Whether or not she deserves what she is asking for, her mistake is making it public. This tactic may work on other promoters but they should have done their homework on Dana and Zuffa....they react violently to demands like this in the public eye.

Most likely because of this, she will not be in the UFC for a while if ever. Bad management is gonna prevent us from seeing her at the tail end of her prime.

She hasn't faced the best opponents but her TDD looks very decent and Winklejohn believes in her. If Roussey was not able to take her to the ground, she would get beaten into a bloody pulp. It would be like a striking match between Anderson Silva vs Sean Sherk if you told Anderson that Sean just stole from him.

I think you're being too generous. It would be like a striking match between Anderson Silva and Jake Shields. :icon_lol:

bah edited out attack on another poster, it was fun too. dammit.

Back