Holly Holm is still a premier fighter. She just needs to learn movement from Ido Portal.

It is unbelievable how Sherdog has turned on Holly Holm over the last few days by saying she's past her prime, a "one hit wonder" or "was never that good."

There is no question Holly is an elite level talent. She is dangerous with her hands and kicks when they land and has has proven this from her long and storied career. However, she does lack movement in MMA and sense of space in the moment that allows everything to come together.

I re-watched the fight again and it's apparent that Holm had no defense for Shevchenko's right and jab. Moreover, she had difficulty finding her range much like in her earlier UFC fights. The light at the end of the tunnel is that these issues can be fixed.

Ido Portal said it best. Shaolin monks, samurai and ancient warriors were all doing movement training to become better fighters. And there is no reason it can not be applied to Holly.

Training with Ido Portal would be a game changer for Holly. Being able to learn and master the mental aspects of MMA along with the bodily rhythm of Ido's teachings will be greatly beneficial to her timing and precision. It's obvious what payoff it had on McGregor and his rise (yes he did lose to Diaz but that was two weight classes up and that could be discussed on a different thread). I really do believe Ido can fix her deficiencies in movement and footwork which combined with her current skillset would make her a dominant force in the division.

This is just what Holly needs to make her a complete fighter.

War Holly.
No one needs to train with Ido portal

Arona won 2 ADCC gold medals in a row, including Absolute open weight. Includes wins over Vitor Belfort, Ricardo Almeida, and Mark Kerr, Otriz, Monson.. etc

Then went on in MMA to beat Jeremy Horn twice, Shogun Rua, Wanderlei, Sakuraba, Lister, and Hendo. And he only did it with grappling...

If anything, copying the man doesn't sound like a bad idea.
Imagine if she had him as a personal grappling coach.. damn

Arona was a great fighter, it´s just fun to make fun of him

He didn´t beat Shogun, but he did beat Fedor in their fight in my opinion.

He also beat Overeem

yXC0CQZ.gif

Never seen a poster with that amount of likes... What did I miss here ?

It is unbelievable how Sherdog has turned on Holly Holm over the last few days by saying she's past her prime, a "one hit wonder" or "was never that good."

There is no question Holly is an elite level talent. She is dangerous with her hands and kicks when they land and has has proven this from her long and storied career. However, she does lack movement in MMA and sense of space in the moment that allows everything to come together.

I re-watched the fight again and it's apparent that Holm had no defense for Shevchenko's right and jab. Moreover, she had difficulty finding her range much like in her earlier UFC fights. The light at the end of the tunnel is that these issues can be fixed.

Ido Portal said it best. Shaolin monks, samurai and ancient warriors were all doing movement training to become better fighters. And there is no reason it can not be applied to Holly.

Training with Ido Portal would be a game changer for Holly. Being able to learn and master the mental aspects of MMA along with the bodily rhythm of Ido's teachings will be greatly beneficial to her timing and precision. It's obvious what payoff it had on McGregor and his rise (yes he did lose to Diaz but that was two weight classes up and that could be discussed on a different thread). I really do believe Ido can fix her deficiencies in movement and footwork which combined with her current skillset would make her a dominant force in the division.

This is just what Holly needs to make her a complete fighter.

War Holly.

Nope, she is not an elite MMA talent. She is an elite Boxing talent. She is not even a decent MMA fighter. She is likely top 5 most one dimensional fighters competing in the MMA elite organization the UFC.

2016 join date PrideJitZoo? I am not knocking that, and if you are a long time MMA fan, you know that what I am about to tell you is true.

We oldtimers have already done the one-dimensional discipline thing vs. another one-dimensional thing! Hell, the ring girls in the UFC time didn't even carry cards with the round number on them. They carried a card stating what discipline that the one-dimensional no holds barred fighter practiced.

Let me summarize the results.

It was SO FUCKING LOPSIDED that nothing that remotely could be construed as a striking art could EVER beat a one dimensional grappler. Honestly, there was only one question after UFC 3. Which grappling discipline (Sambo, BJJ or Wrestling) was supreme.

Holly isn't even as good of a Boxer as Art Jimmerson was. He looked about the same against Royce Gracie as Holly looks in grappling exchanges. Totally INEPT!

WTF are you smoking. G.D. near every rule change in the early UFC starting with the referee standup was in an effort to give strikers the slimmest of chances of having success in the Octagon!

Sorry to disappoint you. She will continue to get put on her back and be helpless utterly refusing to train any grappling. That is all.
She is the female version of Mark Hunt as a UFC fighter.

She needs to implement more outside kicks to her game, obliques are no good.

Sorry to disappoint you. She will continue to get put on her back and be helpless utterly refusing to train any grappling. That is all.
She is the female version of Mark Hunt as a UFC fighter.

I'd like to point out for the record that Mark Hunt has actually completed takedowns, advanced position, and attempted submissions in the UFC.

I'd like to point out for the record that Mark Hunt has actually completed takedowns, advanced position, and attempted submissions in the UFC.

I wanted to use Lavar Johnson as my comparison, but decided against it since he is no longer in the UFC. Same with Mittrione. Since these two are no longer in the UFC, I chose Mark.

I agree, Mark with his 12+ years of MMA experience is not as inept as Holly grappling in her less than handful of years MMA experience.

I do tend to agree however. There is nothing in Hollys grappling skills that leads me to believe that with another decade of MMA experience that she would surpass Marks grappling.

That said, Mark is not a good grappler at all.

I agree, Mark with his 12+ years of MMA experience is not as inept as Holly grappling in her less than handful of years MMA experience.

I do tend to agree however. There is nothing in Hollys grappling skills that leads me to believe that with another decade of MMA experience that she would surpass Marks grappling.

That said, Mark is not a good grappler at all.

I still can't believe that Mark Hunt almost had an Americana on Fedor, and that was only 2-3 years in on his MMA career, then went for an armbar on Rothwell in his 3rd UFC fight.

As for Holly, I think she just doesn't have the adaptability of some other fighters, she seems pretty set in her ways and hasn't really changed since her debut. If you look at Joanna who started MMA around the same time as Holly and made her UFC debut only a half year earlier, the progress she's made in that time is huge. She's much more confident in her standup, rips out a lot more combos, and she's opened up her kicking game even against opponents who are strong takedown threats. Holly doesn't seem to have the ability to adjust and fight to the best of her potential.

Arona was a great fighter, it´s just fun to make fun of him

He didn´t beat Shogun, but he did beat Fedor in their fight in my opinion.

He also beat Overeem

He did beat Shogun imo. Can't believe I forgot to mention the overeem match. Arona is a legend.

Yes ... maybe not butt touched cause she is married you know? ... but yes, she is still a top fighter ... and imo she will prove it .
It IS just for training and technic enhancement !
Now just let us touch her butt and go away!!!!

It IS just for training and technic enhancement !
Now just let us touch her butt and go away!!!!
I can clearly understand why you would wanna touch her a$$... but i cant fkin allow it ! cause him her fkin husband !! .... so i have to maintain some sence of morality ... so fuk you , you pervert ..... :D .... still , she has some nice legs doesnt she ?

I can clearly understand why you would wanna touch her a$$... but i cant fkin allow it ! cause him her fkin husband !! .... so i have to maintain some sence of morality ... so fuk you , you pervert ..... :D .... still , she has some nice legs doesnt she ?
Very noice!!
image.jpeg

She can learn movement from Angela Magana

Back