Holly Holm is rank #1 at Bantamweight

Like I've said for the past few years it's all about the looks when it comes to WMMA. Cyborg has been WMMA GOAT for years it took Rousey to leave the UFC in order for them to bring the GOAT in. If Cyborg didn't look tough and looked more feminine she would've been in the UFC before Rousey. So Holly loses 4 out of 5 fights and she's #1? If she wasn't somewhat pleasing on the eyes she wouldn't even be in the top 10 today.
I agree they are really hoping Holly can turn around and become something more than she is.

no you won't. These women have been training as long as the current men with the same training techniques. It's not like they don't take advantage of the decades of evolution in MMA training because it's only been in the UFC a few years.
Ive watched the sport since the first day it was on PPV and trained/sparred with the likes of Dennis Bermudez among others so I am very aware on how this thing works lol no education needed.

Ive watched the sport since the first day it was on PPV and trained/sparred with the likes of Dennis Bermudez among others so I am very aware on how this thing works lol

Then how the hell do you think women just need more time to advance lol?

That's a terrible rule of thumb. Politics and money earned Conor his LW title shot.

No other fighter in combat sports history has won a title, fought twice outside that division going 1-1, and then got an immediate title shot in another division without ever defending his original title.

Conor got the title shot at 155 on the basis of having just beat the champ at 145 - the guy who was considered GOAT. In less than 30 seconds.

When RDA got injured, Conor, wanting to save the card, agreed to fight Nate at 170. On very short notice. Conor did not have to do that.

The UFC understood he took a bullet for them, so didn't hold the loss against him and allowed him to get it back with the second Nate fight at 170. Then granted McGregor his TS at 155.

Let's be honest about what went down.

Then how the hell do you think women just need more time to advance lol?
MORE THAN HALF OF THESE WOMEN ENTERING MMA CAME FROM ONE ART OR PROFESSIONAL STYLE LOL...They talked about for years how many of them didnt even start training until Gina Carano inspired them as well as Rousey they knew they had no big stage to perform on so WMMA wasnt even considered being on the main stage.

True. GDR is 135 now. Thats the fight that needs to happen before Holly gets anymore gifted shots for a title.

I think GDR should get the boot. Or just never let her finish her contract.

MORE THAN HALF OF THESE WOMEN ENTERING MMA CAME FROM ONE ART OR PROFESSIONAL STYLE LOL...They talked about for years how many of them didnt even start training until Gina Carano inspired them as well as Rousey they knew they had no big stage to perform on so WMMA wasnt even considered being on the main stage.

Almost everyone fighting tonight has been training less than 10 years.

sherdog mods carded me for pointing out the reality of holly holm. don't be surprised if the same happens to you.

Almost everyone fighting tonight has been training less than 10 years.
In full MMA? Im talking WMMA only bud...

It takes at least 5 years of training first of all before any smart trainer to consider letting their fighter compete in amateur fights. Then depending on how that goes 1, 2, or 3 years later they make Invicta, (some other lesser promotion) or if they are good they make UFC. They still will be sharp using their number 1 skill whether it be wrestling, Judo, BJJ, or boxing at that point get out of their comfort zone to try using the new techniques they utilize in an MMA fight. You wont see Joanna wrestle, she cant, doesn't know how. You wont see Ronda beat a high level striker, she cant, she hasnt trained or learned enough to do so. So I have no doubt in my mind its going to take 5 to 10 more years before any of them reach the level of a full MMA fighter that has been participating in MIXED MARTIAL ARTS like the men since UFC 1 and beyond.

When I was in the gym with Bermudez and the team in Saugerties NY we had not seen one woman train MMA and we even had alternates with Serra/Longo who also had no women fighters, it wasnt until 2013 I saw my first female who was a wrestler just learning to throw a jab. So no they werent training in MMA as long as the men because there was no demand for it. They had no stage to perform.

Last edited:
Conor got the title shot at 155 on the basis of having just beat the champ at 145 - the guy who was considered GOAT. In less than 30 seconds.

When RDA got injured, Conor, wanting to save the card, agreed to fight Nate at 170. On very short notice. Conor did not have to do that.

The UFC understood he took a bullet for them, so didn't hold the loss against him and allowed him to get it back with the second Nate fight at 170. Then granted McGregor his TS at 155.

Let's be honest about what went down.

You're adding your own little spin to events lol.

"Jose Aldo GOAT" - he was certainly in the top 5 discussion but no one has ever said Jose is the outright GOAT over people like GSP and Fedor lol

"The UFC understood he took a bullet for them" - translation, the first fight made great money and they ran it back to make more money.

Your points are weak on their own without misrepresenting the facts or adding your own opinion. Bottom line is, Conor won the FW title, got an immediate title shot at LW without a single fight at LW or defending the FW belt, then he went 1-1 with Nate at catchweight (one being a viscious submission loss and the other a close majority decision), and then received another immediate title shot with Eddie.

It's all about money

Well the Womens rankings are based on how many times you can say ish while punching air, well deserved #1 Holly.

Raquel Pennington is getting a title shot. The whole division is a fucking joke.
Its only because she beat the last champ in Tate who beat Holm.

Plus Holly is pretty and thats who they want on a poster not Cyberg! Cyberrrg Cyberrrg!

sherdog mods carded me for pointing out the reality of holly holm. don't be surprised if the same happens to you.
I know a couple mods and we're cool so I think Im gonna be ok lol

Thanks though

You're adding your own little spin to events lol.

"Jose Aldo GOAT" - he was certainly in the top 5 discussion but no one has ever said Jose is the outright GOAT over people like GSP and Fedor lol

Nonsense. Prior to the Conor fight multiple fighters and journalists were calling Aldo P4P GOAT. Even Dana White declared it. And Aldo was always on his shit list.

"The UFC understood he took a bullet for them" - translation, the first fight made great money and they ran it back to make more money.

Your points are weak on their own without misrepresenting the facts or adding your own opinion. Bottom line is, Conor won the FW title, got an immediate title shot at LW without a single fight at LW or defending the FW belt, then he went 1-1 with Nate at catchweight (one being a viscious submission loss and the other a close majority decision), and then received another immediate title shot with Eddie.

It's all about money

You can make it about whatever you want. But you have to get the history straight. And, again, at the end of the day...

images

mcgregor-beats-alvarez-live-blog-lead.jpg

Zingano hasn't fought since 1998, and her last two fights were losses and she's still ranked. That division doesn't move.

Back