Holly Holm is rank #1 at Bantamweight

Not true at all

Randy Couture
Chael Sonnen

The only title shot Chael got that wasn't earned was the Jones fight and that was last minute and he was the only one who said yes.

As for Randy, I don't like that he kept getting title shots, but at least he was an accomplished fighter who had a prolonged recipe

ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish ish

You're welcome. I just saved you from having to watch any of her fights.

ish
Man I can't stand that shit. It annoyed me to the point that during the Cyborg fight I just wanted her to get KO'd the fuck out.

Like I've said for the past few years it's all about the looks when it comes to WMMA. Cyborg has been WMMA GOAT for years it took Rousey to leave the UFC in order for them to bring the GOAT in. If Cyborg didn't look tough and looked more feminine she would've been in the UFC before Rousey. So Holly loses 4 out of 5 fights and she's #1? If she wasn't somewhat pleasing on the eyes she wouldn't even be in the top 10 today.
This OG knows what he's talking about. <mma4>

The only title shot Chael got that wasn't earned was the Jones fight and that was last minute and he was the only one who said yes.

As for Randy, I don't like that he kept getting title shots, but at least he was an accomplished fighter who had a prolonged recipe

Not true at all. Jones refused Chael, caught flack for it so then they did a season of TUF together.

Actually Chael stepped up to fight Jones to fill in for Dan Henderson who pulled out of his fight with Jones and Jones camp advised him to not take the fight with Chael on short notice then they both agreed to coach on TUF.

Here's a good rule of thumb: If you win the belt you earned your title shot.

Canner earned two. In two different divisions.

That's a terrible rule of thumb. Politics and money earned Conor his LW title shot.

No other fighter in combat sports history has won a title, fought twice outside that division going 1-1, and then got an immediate title shot in another division without ever defending his original title.

Well she has only lost to Shevchenko and Tate in a hail Mary comeback.

11-2 at 135 in a weak division.

+1 for having the guts to fight Cyborg.

Then again WMMA and rankings c'mon now. :D You think HW is bad then o shit.

Beth Correia is ranked #11?? wow...just wow...a chick who only did mma to lose weight and get in shape, is ranked #11....I have seen 10 year old boys with more skill than her.. women's mma is such a disgrace...go watch some young kids in golden gloves...they have 10x better striking than most of these chicks...
To be fair though, WMMA is still young. Its in the early stages as UFC was in the early stages when it started, it was awful sloppy shit. Ronda was the Royce Gracie of WMMA in that she had one skill better and more effective than her opponents. Give WMMA the same amount of time the UFC has had from UFC 1 to now...and you will see a dif type of Woman MMA fighter.

She wasn't counted bc it was 145 when we are talking about her ranking at 135.
True. GDR is 135 now. Thats the fight that needs to happen before Holly gets anymore gifted shots for a title.

To be fair though, WMMA is still young. Its in the early stages as UFC was in the early stages when it started, it was awful sloppy shit. Ronda was the Royce Gracie of WMMA in that she had one skill better and more effective than her opponents. Give WMMA the same amount of time the UFC has had from UFC 1 to now...and you will see a dif type of Woman MMA fighter.

no you won't. These women have been training as long as the current men with the same training techniques. It's not like they don't take advantage of the decades of evolution in MMA training because it's only been in the UFC a few years.

Back