Holly Holm is a Merciless Finisher

Cicero

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Yes, I know all the criticism - she can be very timid, predictable in her offense, etc...

But whatever else you can say about her, she is a stone cold, ruthless, merciless finisher.

She didn't give a shit that Bethe sat helpless, her hand in the air asking for mercy. She just dove in with that uppercut from hell and flattened her. When Marc Goddard leaped in to push her away, she was chambering for another strike. If Goddard hadn't intervened, I'm sure she would have kept pounding until Bethe was a corpse.

$

She did the same thing with Ronda. She didn't give a shit that Ronda fell from that shin to the neck like she was stone dead. She rushed in and bounced Ronda's head off the matt with a diving punch, then two full-power hammerfists, before the ref pushed her off.

$

No walk away KOs with this chick
. If she knocks you out, pray the ref is alert and moves fast. Because even if you're lying there half-dead, she's going to try to drive your head through the floor.

She seems so nice, this beautiful girl. But there is a darkness in her that shows in her moments of victory.

<DisgustingHHH>

With your logic, every MMA fighters are brutal finishers with very few exceptions.

Lets calm down she KOd Beth. She shouldve KOd Beth in the 1st i am dissapoint

<DisgustingHHH>

With your logic, every MMA fighters are brutal finisher with very few exceptions.

Actually you see a lot of fighters let up when they know they've KO's their oppoent. Lots of examples come to mind. Mark Hunt is the most obvious, Nate Marquardt holding back after he sent Demian Maia down in a heap, etc.

Love the triple H gif though!

Actually you see a lot of fighters let up when they know they've KO's their oppoent. Lots of examples come to mind. Mark Hunt is the most obvious, Nate Marquardt holding back after he sent Demian Maia down in a heap, etc.

You named two, that's not a lot. And for the Nate, he was just being cautious not to get drag down by Maia's ground game, not necessarily showing mercy.

Mark Hunt is a finisher , who knows that the job is done. He walks away because it's time to walk away.
Holm has not finished yet, so she needed to. "Begging for mercy", "merciless" are not factors here.

Bethe wasn't out and still needed to be finished. When Hunt KO's someone, they don't wave their hands around trying to call time out. Their soul leaves their bodies and moves on to less dangerous territory.

Bethe wasn't out and still needed to be finished. When Hunt KO's someone, they don't wave their hands around trying to call time out. Their soul leaves their bodies and moves on to less dangerous territory.

Because they are afraid to get sued.

her finishes are almost as hardcore as Mike Russows

Im happy things went well for her in this fight but she REALLY has to start putting strikes together. Attack in combination, use the punches to set up the kicks as she did in his earlier fights. This single shot stuff is not going to work well for her against other fighters.

Preachers Daughter. Must be a preacher in the church of Satan lol.

Yes, I know all the criticism - she can be very timid, predictable in her offense, etc...

. If she knocks you out, pray the ref is alert and moves fast. Because even if you're lying there half-dead, she's going to try to drive your head through the floor.

She seems so nice, this beautiful girl. But there is a darkness in her that shows in her moments of victory.
wasn't she still punching when choked out too?? Shes danger

But whatever else you can say about her, she is a stone cold, ruthless, merciless finisher.

She didn't give a shit that Bethe sat helpless, her hand in the air asking for mercy. She just dove in with that uppercut from hell and flattened her. When Marc Goddard leaped in to push her away, she was chambering for another strike. If Goddard hadn't intervened, I'm sure she would have kept pounding until Bethe was a corpse.

$

She did the same thing with Ronda. She didn't give a shit that Ronda fell from that shin to the neck like she was stone dead. She rushed in and bounced Ronda's head off the matt with a diving punch, then two full-power hammerfists, before the ref pushed her off.

$

5000822752_05442f7863.jpg

And that's why we love her. If only she can be less timid

"When I hit people they don't fucking move" - Jeremy Stephens

Back