Holly Holm gets down to Milly Rock

I can't think of a single MMA fighter who went from hero to zero as fast as Holly Holm. Not just in the Octagon. Remember when she came into the UFC with a highlight reel of knockouts (she finished 6 of her first 7 fights). She had a rough few fights to start, but she seemed likable. Then she smashed Ronda and HOLLY HAD ARRIVED.

But now? She's fucking annoying. Like she got to Jackson-Wink and she thinks they're the coolest kids on the block, when most people actually just think the people she hangs out with are douchebags. Hell, I know grandmothers younger than Holly, and she's out here doing hip hop challenges. It's like some weird fucking midlife crisis, and it's all cringeworthy as hell.

Hope she retires before she's even more punch drunk. Fuckin' weirdo.

Something happened to Holly Holm the first of this year. She got some really bad promotional advice or has a screw loose from the deRandamine fight. That first after the bell punch to the top of Holm’s head almost turned the lights off. Cyborg couldn’t have helped matters either. Holm is 37 years old and tries to act like she’s 20. Most of her stuff is really hard to watch. I think her husband got sick of her and left her a few months ago. Jones and those other gym bums she hangs with at JW are her life now. I’ve followed Holly since she was in Boxing. It’s hard to watch this happening to her.

Back