Holloway vs Ferguson is the best superfight to make

Ortega may very well lose to Swanson next and I think Max beats the brakes off him. I agree Edgar is next.

The work Max put on FW division is outstanding. He beat them all except Frankie.

Tony has Khabib and Justin/Eddie winner in case Conor does not come back.
Maybe, but i have Ortega by Sub (round 3 of course).

<LikeReally5>

Guess you missed the part where I said both guys have double digit win streaks in their respective divisions.
And? There's contenders there right now, if im not mistaken Ferguson only fought 2 guys in top 15 (Lee and Barboza). This is a sport.

I dont doubt Max's skills but you do realize there is a considerable size difference here right? Max walks at 160....At most where as Ferguson cuts from 185+

Yes he is dumbass. Skinny, lean, slim, pick whatever synonym you want. He's certainly not "ripped" or "jacked"

130928.jpg

20161105104225_GettyImages621328702.JPG

that 2nd picture doesn't show a ripped Tony? please circle the bodyfat. Dude is super lean. Not genetically blessed with abs, but not carrying almost any bodyfat.

I think that's very debatable. It certainly isn't obvious based on the eye test. Someone call up Dana and have both guys have their BMI measured followed by a lifting contest in the weight room.
Are you looking at the same two fighters?

Jesus fuck people, two fighters do NOT have to be exactly the same size to make a fight. How many times have we seen fights over the years where someone has a considerable size advantage and the "smaller" guy wins?

More to the point here, Tony is not dwarfing Max. They'd look each other eye to eye and Tony would have alittle more muscle mass (Tony has a LEAN physique. Arguing otherwise makes you an idiot).

?

Tony has more subs because fighters like to give up their neck to him. He's a better grappler but they both like to stand and bang.

Your understanding of styles is extremely vague.

These are the only two champs I'd care to see in a super fight. Do it at 150!

Only bc you're trying to avoid asking me to actually compare their styles and the clear contrasts between them.
WTF? you're quoting me. I'm not trying to have a conversation with you. If you got something to contribute to the topic then say it.

WTF? you're quoting me. I'm not trying to have a conversation with you. If you got something to contribute to the topic then say it.

And you're quoting back. So maybe you are.

I did contribute. Your understanding of styles is extremely vague.

"This guy likes to strike"

"This guy likes to strike and sometimes grapple"

Lol that's my contribution so far.

Maybe Max could outpoint him to a decision, if it's a pure striking match unless you're dealing with a KO artist strength doesnt matter. Who knows, it'd be a close fight for sure, very similar styles as OP pointed out.

I know neither guy has much name recognition among the casuals, but fuck the casuals. This would be an amazing fight.

On one side, you have Max Holloway, featherweight champion (which he will remain after he thrashes Aldo again on Saturday).

11 fight win streak over nearly 4 years. Action fighter, loves to stand and bang but is no slouch on the ground. Has a great chin, cardio and pushes the pace.

Max%2BHolloway%2BKTFO%2BAkira%2BCorassani%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B53%2BStockholm.gif

32.gif

On the other side, you have Tony Ferguson, lightweight champion (interim blah blah).

10 fight win streak over nearly the same time as Holloway's streak. Cardio for days, good chin (gets dropped but recovers quickly), pace machine, slick submission game but also a very creative and underrated standup. Will also stand and bang and love it.

vtVK2hw.gif

eDQgHgA.gif

Both guys are a skinny 5'11" so there would be no size disadvantage. Yes, Tony does have a significant reach advantage (76 to 69) and it would be a factor, but reach advantage is not the end all, be all.

This would be a 5 round war that would be the greatest offering the Just Bleed Gods have ever received

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}<{Joewithit}><{Joewithit}><{danawhoah}><{danawhoah}>:meow::meow:

I want to see this fight so bad, and you should too!
It would be a good fight sure

But for god's sake can we stop talking about super fights, support some belts getting unified and defended
In my book once a champion is established and cleared out their division. Defended 4/5+ times

Then sure discuss superfights

Until then I'm just sick of it. Sick of it I tell ya!

Dude Tony was a WW before coming to the UFC. If you think Max is anywhere near his size then you are out of your mind.

Max dont want those problems not to mention they have lots of work to do in own divisions. neither have proven they are best to step out

Max needs to beat Frankie first

Tony needs to beat Khabib and Conor.

Back