Holloway vs Ferguson is the best superfight to make

Osiris3657

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know neither guy has much name recognition among the casuals, but fuck the casuals. This would be an amazing fight.

On one side, you have Max Holloway, featherweight champion (which he will remain after he thrashes Aldo again on Saturday).

11 fight win streak over nearly 4 years. Action fighter, loves to stand and bang but is no slouch on the ground. Has a great chin, cardio and pushes the pace.

Max%2BHolloway%2BKTFO%2BAkira%2BCorassani%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B53%2BStockholm.gif

32.gif

On the other side, you have Tony Ferguson, lightweight champion (interim blah blah).

10 fight win streak over nearly the same time as Holloway's streak. Cardio for days, good chin (gets dropped but recovers quickly), pace machine, slick submission game but also a very creative and underrated standup. Will also stand and bang and love it.

vtVK2hw.gif

eDQgHgA.gif

Both guys are a skinny 5'11" so there would be no size disadvantage. Yes, Tony does have a significant reach advantage (76 to 69) and it would be a factor, but reach advantage is not the end all, be all.

This would be a 5 round war that would be the greatest offering the Just Bleed Gods have ever received

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}<{Joewithit}><{Joewithit}><{danawhoah}><{danawhoah}>:meow::meow:

I want to see this fight so bad, and you should too!

If Conor vacates the title to Tony then yeah.

That whole fucking mess needs to be sorted first. If Conor just want's to duck then give Tony the title what's so hard about it.

Tony Ferguson is skinny? How?

Not until one of them clean his weight class, to Max there's Edgar and Ortega at least. Enough of super fights, i wanna see fighters defending their belts.

they would be very similar stylistically and physically

Would be a great fight. I think Tony's size would be a big factor..

Not until one of them clean his weight class, to Max there's Edgar and Ortega at least. Enough of super fights, i wanna see fighters defending their belts.

<LikeReally5>

Guess you missed the part where I said both guys have double digit win streaks in their respective divisions.

Neither are super

Don't ruin the word

Ortega may very well lose to Swanson next and I think Max beats the brakes off him. I agree Edgar is next.

The work Max put on FW division is outstanding. He beat them all except Frankie.

Tony has Khabib and Justin/Eddie winner in case Conor does not come back.

Both guys are a lean 5'11" so there is no size advantage for Tony. He does have a big reach advantage though
Size as in, muscle-mass and strength. Although they are the same height, Tony is the bigger boned stronger fighter..

I think that's very debatable. It certainly isn't obvious based on the eye test. Someone call up Dana and have both guys have their BMI measured followed by a lifting contest in the weight room.

I know neither guy has much name recognition among the casuals, but fuck the casuals. This would be an amazing fight.

On one side, you have Max Holloway, featherweight champion (which he will remain after he thrashes Aldo again on Saturday).

11 fight win streak over nearly 4 years. Action fighter, loves to stand and bang but is no slouch on the ground. Has a great chin, cardio and pushes the pace.

Max%2BHolloway%2BKTFO%2BAkira%2BCorassani%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B53%2BStockholm.gif

32.gif

On the other side, you have Tony Ferguson, lightweight champion (interim blah blah).

10 fight win streak over nearly the same time as Holloway's streak. Cardio for days, good chin (gets dropped but recovers quickly), pace machine, slick submission game but also a very creative and underrated standup. Will also stand and bang and love it.

vtVK2hw.gif

eDQgHgA.gif

Both guys are a skinny 5'11" so there would be no size disadvantage. Yes, Tony does have a significant reach advantage (76 to 69) and it would be a factor, but reach advantage is not the end all, be all.

This would be a 5 round war that would be the greatest offering the Just Bleed Gods have ever received

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}<{Joewithit}><{Joewithit}><{danawhoah}><{danawhoah}>:meow::meow:

Why not TJ vs Max then?

32.gif

vtVK2hw.gif

eDQgHgA.gif

Tony is skinny during his weigh in, he's probably got a good thirty pounds on Max

Stop with this shit!

None of em has defended their title yet and Tony is still the fucking interim champ (even though he shouldn't be)

Back