*Holloway Vs Aldo is gonna be like Ferguson Vs RDA: Why or why not?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Holloway and Ferguson are two unorthodox strikers, young and with great cardio.

Aldo and RDA are two 100% orthodox strikers, with good boxing and excellent leg kicks. They are not young, and gone through many battles. Both suffered hard KOs (against McGregor and Alvarez).

So, tell me why Holloway is gonna get the upset against Aldo, the same way Tony beat RDA. Tell me why not.

Fighting in Rio could be decisive?
Holloway could beat Aldo the way he beat Pettis?
Aldo is on a real different level?

Last edited:
If u think Aldo is like rda u know nothing.

Aldo is better technically
Aldo is faster
Aldo is a better kicker
Aldo is better defensively

Aldo is just all around waaay better

1. Tony Ferguson is the oldest person you named. Older then both Aldo and RDA.

2. Ferguson has suspect cardio. RDA's best rounds were 4/5 so I don't think you actually watched the fight. Ferguson slowed down a lot in the later rounds.

3. Can Holloway beat Aldo? Yes if all the stars align properly for him. Will he? Probably not.

4. And that weight cut issue for RDA might actually be real.

Depends on which Aldo shows up because to me he seems disconnected from fighting or maybe just the UFC but I could be wrong. Max on the other hand is the perfect example of a hungry fighter with big plans on his mind. Its that getting rich thing that happenes to them all I think. If you are a multi millionaire it will be difficult to have to get up and go get your ass kicked everyday in training camp. All the greats started falling off when they got that PPV share. Max is a mean dude and Aldo is basically fucked no matter which Aldo shows up

Aldo and RDA are two 100% orthodox strikers, with good boxing and excellent leg kicks. They are not young, and gone through many battles. Both suffered hard KOs (against McGregor and Alvarez).

So, tell me why Holloway is not get the upset against Aldo, the same way Tony beat RDA. Tell me why not.

MAKES SENSE!!

Jus´like Nakao, Spider kissed Weidman & paid the price!

That´s how it works!

nakaokiss.gif

kissspider.png silva-weidman-kiss.gif

The only real reason Holloway can beat Aldo is by using his length effectively, which he has a shot at doing. Aldo is more athletic and 10x the defensive fighter RDA is. There is no real comparison between Holloway/Aldo Ferg/RDA, totally different dynamic between each fight.

Also is way more skilled, faster, has more experience.

It's too bad people only remember from the Conor fight where he paid for a stupid mistake... but he was never shown up. Conor didn't own him for 5 rounds. Holloway could win if he hurts Aldo, but Aldo is still extremely dangerous even when hurt.

1. Tony Ferguson is the oldest person you named. Older then both Aldo and RDA.

2. Ferguson has suspect cardio. RDA's best rounds were 4/5 so I don't think you actually watched the fight. Ferguson slowed down a lot in the later rounds.

3. Can Holloway beat Aldo? Yes if all the stars align properly for him. Will he? Probably not.

4. And that weight cut issue for RDA might actually be real.

Ferguson has awesome cardio. He sets a crazy pace. RDA's best rounds weren't 4 or 5 at all. By that point he was fading and Ferguson had completely taken over. He hadn't slowed either. I'm not sure what you watched.

RDA has nothing on Aldo. GSP. Anderson Silva. Fedor. These are Aldo's contemporaries. He is one of the greatest fighters we've ever seen. Holloway is fantastic but there is no reason to assume it'll be as one-sided as RDA/Ferguson

So, tell me why Holloway is gonna get the upset against Aldo, the same way Tony beat RDA. Tell me why not.

yep.png

If you overlooked that, then clearly your analysis isn't worth reading. That's the most basic of basic information when comparing fighters. Aldo's footwork, boxing, and defense is all better than RDA's.

RDA vs Fergie was in Mexico
Aldo vs Hollywood will be in Rio

Big difference right there.

RDA has nothing on Aldo. GSP. Anderson Silva. Fedor. These are Aldo's contemporaries. He is one of the greatest fighters we've ever seen. Holloway is fantastic but there is no reason to assume it'll be as one-sided as RDA/Ferguson

It wasn't even one sided—it was a 48-47 decision for Tony which only started to go his way after an eye poke.

Good fight......has the makings of a hungry up and comer dishing out an upset. That said, if Aldo shows up ready for war (which going by his last outing against Edgar, id say he will.) I think he'll put too much on Holloway too fast. I see this fight going similar to Aldo vs Hominic. Aldo had dealt so much damage in the earlier rounds, Hominic couldn't finish him even though he had more in the tank. I could be wrong, maybe the kid is way better than what i'm thinking, but up until this point in the UFC, only one man has dethroned the king, just one......and that guy is something else. People forget.....but Aldo IS on another level.

yep.png

If you overlooked that, then clearly your analysis isn't worth reading. That's the most basic of basic information when comparing fighters. Aldo's footwork, boxing, and defense is all better than RDA's.

Are you implying "orthodox/unorthodox" has somethindg to do with having a "regular/goofy (southpaw)" stance?

Looking for your reply to this.

Back