Holding lighter or roll of coins make a difference to your punch?

Decado_

White Belt
Reaction score
I think the boxing forum is the best place to ask about punching power. I just saw a streetfight where a skinny chick was holding something in their hand and knocked the other person out. People were saying it was a roll of coins or a lighter or something. How would this make the punch harder?

Try it out. I knew a guy that had to have major eye surgery because someone at a bar hit him with a roll of quarters.

I'm guessing the roll of quarters put more mass in the persons hand (heavier hand), but i'm not sure about the lighter assuming it's a Bic or something light

mag-lights work wonders as a self-defense weapon. They can be used as kubotons which provide leverage against an opponent, filler in you hands to punch harder, and two more striking surfaces.

I have small hands so I would have to use a roll of dimes.

Decado_ said:
I think the boxing forum is the best place to ask about punching power. I just saw a streetfight where a skinny chick was holding something in their hand and knocked the other person out. People were saying it was a roll of coins or a lighter or something. How would this make the punch harder?

A rolls of pennies or dimes will reinforce the knuckles and add weight to you hand.

it makes your hand heaiver and it supports the bone structure of your hand. imo there are better wepapons to have then that that you can just grab in the ambience

Like I have said a bunch of times, if you are going to use a weapon such as a roll of quarters, then you might as well use a gun or knife. In the eyes of the law, it is basically the same.

Glock 19 > Roll of Quarters

Bamaispriceless said:
Like I have said a bunch of times, if you are going to use a weapon such as a roll of quarters, then you might as well use a gun or knife. In the eyes of the law, it is basically the same.

Glock 19 > Roll of Quarters

But if you are in the wrong, when using your weapon, I would think a court of law would go easier on someone carry a roll of coins rather than a gun.

ur kidding, yeah?

gun = roll of quarters in law??

I don't know about ya'll, but I don't generally walk around with rolls of change in my pockets. Hence the flashlight comment.

zfolwick said:
ur kidding, yeah?

I don't know about ya'll, but I don't generally walk around with rolls of change in my pockets. Hence the flashlight comment.

I think it would be easier to walk around with a roll of coins than a flashlight.

Can provide more stability to your closed fist. Kubotan is best option if you really want.
From my experience, you won't have the time, opportunity, or ability when it kicks off and adrenaline is coarsing through your veins.

zfolwick said:
ur kidding, yeah?

Basically, my point was you are going to jail for either if you are in the wrong...you'll obviously go to jail longer if you shoot someone. However, if you find yourself in a self-defense scenario in which as gun is warranted, use it. Look, this is a weapons and tactics forum, which primarily covers self-defense scenarios. Not a forum for the average street fight. So in a self-defense situation, a gun or knife will do you alot more good then a roll of quarters. In a street fight, a roll of quarters will get you landed in a cell with a guy named Cooter or possibly shot.

GCSD Fighter said:
Can provide more stability to your closed fist. Kubotan is best option if you really want.
From my experience, you won't have the time, opportunity, or ability when it kicks off and adrenaline is coarsing through your veins.

This is probably the most logical post so far.

Jubacat said:
I think it would be easier to walk around with a roll of coins than a flashlight.

you must live somewhere strange. You've never just been walking or working somewhere and said to yourself "hey, this would be better if I had a flashlight, then I could do [X]"?

Some kindof fuckin' Oregon Vortex type shit. . . . like NYC or some shit.

zfolwick said:
you must live somewhere strange. You've never just been walking or working somewhere and said to yourself "hey, this would be better if I had a flashlight, then I could do [X]"?

Some kindof fuckin' Oregon Vortex type shit. . . . like NYC or some shit.

Sorry, I don't have such an experience to often.

Back