Hoger is fighting tomorrow...

The only season of TUF that I owned in DVD.

Lodune Sincaid in the UFC HoF!!

Hahaha. Fuck man, of all the people that could've been sent to rep my home country canada, we sent strange brew :(

Hahaha. Fuck man, of all the people that could've been sent to rep my home country canada, we sent strange brew :(
GJnoHy6.gif

I went in here thinking this thread is about this guy.

sam-hoger.jpg

Disappointed.

I totally forgot about this guy. Man. Lol I might rewatch TUF 1 some day as I'm sure it would be interesting looking back. Is it available on the fight pass?

Are any of those guys still fighting? I guess Forrest had the most successful career out of them, followed by Leben? Is Koscheck still active? Man all the memories one picture can spark.

Just checked - TUF 1 is indeed available on Fightpass. I'm going to watch some right now.

I totally forgot about this guy. Man. Lol I might rewatch TUF 1 some day as I'm sure it would be interesting looking back. Is it available on the fight pass?

Are any of those guys still fighting? I guess Forrest had the most successful career out of them, followed by Leben? Is Koscheck still active? Man all the memories one picture can spark.

Just checked - TUF 1 is indeed available on Fightpass. I'm going to watch some right now.
Hoger is my Royce Gracie. He's the one that inspired me.

To steal freebies.

Found a stream too late. Roger now wants his second One Championship belt.

awesome for roger! he looked jacked!

Glad for him, I hope he wins a couple and gets back to the UFC.

If Roger gets two belts will they let him move to the UFC?

Who was that commentator?

"Does he have the confidence to take this to the ground? There's no gi here!"

But then he talked about Roger winning world championships from mount position so he wasn't clueless. Am I missing something?

Anyway, Roger looked good. Ate a couple and his composure didn't slip at all. Still looks stiff on his feet, though. Definitely put on some muscle and looks stronger and leaner.

awesome for roger! he looked jacked!

Glad for him, I hope he wins a couple and gets back to the UFC.

Yup, he seemed noticeably ripped up for this match compared to his prior matches. Too bad we didn't get to see more of his striking improvement, but he took what was given to him.

I get the feeling at his age/price, the UFC doesn't want him back, but maybe Bellator, WSOF, Rizin, etc....

Amazing performance by Roger once it hit the ground!

However, Roger's style of stand-up transition to clinch is very risky against high level strikers (i.e. on his heals, ducking his head, arms pawing out looking for the body lock).

Roger almost got King Mo'd again.. :eek:

14wx7nr.png

98nxUS.gif

King Mo Lawal vs Roger Gracie
15zfewx.gif

Roger will always be one of my favorites, I study his matches a lot and try to add some of the things he does to my game, but I will never forgive him for breaking my heart and losing to Tim Kennedy.
He gets on my nerves on the internet (but never in person!), but Tim is kind of insanely talented.

Diego is the last one standing in the UFC. Swick and leben are both recently retired and Koscheck is in bellator. that's all that's left I believe who still fight.

Amazing performance by Roger once it hit the ground!

However, Roger's style of stand-up transition to clinch is very risky against high level strikers (i.e. on his heals, ducking his head, arms pawing out looking for the body lock).

Roger almost got King Mo'd again.. :eek:

14wx7nr.png

98nxUS.gif

King Mo Lawal vs Roger Gracie
15zfewx.gif

Didn't something mildly weird happen in that King Mo fight right before the KO, like Roger getting poked in the eye or something? Either way, you bring up a good point. Seems like the best strategy for sub grapplers in MMA is the one used by Demian Maia, Marcin Held, etc. where you constantly press forward and look to get the fight to the ground by any means necessary, even if it's pulling guard. Corrolary to this is the RDA (who I notice was in Roger's corner) and Khabib strategy where you swarm your opponent with dirty kickboxing and work a takedown off the reaction.

Didn't something mildly weird happen in that King Mo fight right before the KO, like Roger getting poked in the eye or something? Either way, you bring up a good point. Seems like the best strategy for sub grapplers in MMA is the one used by Demian Maia, Marcin Held, etc. where you constantly press forward and look to get the fight to the ground by any means necessary, even if it's pulling guard. Corrolary to this is the RDA (who I notice was in Roger's corner) and Khabib strategy where you swarm your opponent with dirty kickboxing and work a takedown off the reaction.

He got headbuted.

Good fight, glad I wasn't the only person that thought he looked a little more defined than he normally does this time.

I don't know the level of the other guy but Roger outclassed him.. really glad he won this.

Roger making all kiiiinds of gains.

giphy.gif

Damn he is jacked as fuck.

But i dont see him in the UFC, he would be eaten alive by anyone on the top 10 at LHW.

He is like the Satoshi Ishii of BJJ.

Back